Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: some
And as long as you are on the island there is absolutely no need for shoes!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
none

shirt and short trousers are perfectly fine there
And, shoes are optional.

As far as diving and snorkeling I would say both are worth it. My wife got me dive certified for Christmas just so I could go while there. I did 3 dives: 1 required at house reef and 2 tanks on the boat and were "guided" since I didn't have a dive partner. Total cost for the house dive with equipment was $107.27. Total for 2 dives on boat trip was $303.16. Remember, like verve and I said earlier, they charge equipment per dive, not per day, so there is no advantage to doing the house dive in the morning and the boat that night.

If you don't dive the snorkeling is well worth it around the house reef off the jetty. You can stay on the surface and see plenty of coral, fish, and anemones or dive down 10-15 feet to see more on the wall. Snorkel gear from the dive shop is free.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Windy

The water is rough now as the wind is quite strong. This is making some excursions less interesting and the transfers quite stomach churning. Still, we're finding it incredibly beautiful here.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by jmr50
The water is rough now as the wind is quite strong. This is making some excursions less interesting and the transfers quite stomach churning. Still, we're finding it incredibly beautiful here.
Though I know the weather is different in different atolls, how has the weather been there for the past 3 days?

According to the weather reports its been pretty dismal: rain, rain, rain.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
Anything else goes than being topless.
Unless you're Leah DeWavrin, who was doing a photo shoot in the pool and on the beach. I'll leave it at that, but will say that her entourage spent the majority of time around the bar with flagrant disregard for the dress code.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Unless you're Leah DeWavrin, who was doing a photo shoot in the pool and on the beach. I'll leave it at that, but will say that her entourage spent the majority of time around the bar with flagrant disregard for the dress code.
And, how much time did you spend at the bar?
Old May 2, 2012, 11:05 am

Out of curiosity, if you were coming from the East Coast of USA, where else would you go to in combination of the Maldives? Not sure how long could stay at this or any other island resort (with limited eating etc).
Old May 2, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by farbster
Out of curiosity, if you were coming from the East Coast of USA, where else would you go to in combination of the Maldives? Not sure how long could stay at this or any other island resort (with limited eating etc).
Well, in true FT fashion, that question requires knowing what airlines you'll use as, so to know what are the most convenient and least costly - in dollars or miles - options.

AA from U.S. East almost requires use of BA for MLE, and that screams London stopover... but you're not going to find much inexpensive options there (which your food comment implies you'll likely look for?) and maybe pay big fuel surcharges.

I think another AA option is Ethiad or Air Jordan, you'll save in fuel surcharge (versus London), but you'll pay more in miles, but it will give you a stopover option in the Middle East.

I can't comment on DL or UACO options, I'll leave that for others.

If you want to do a "side-trip" out of MLE (keeping MLE as your destination to/from in your primary ticket) then SIN on a SQ rt or KUL on a MH rt are options.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:34 am

No points with airlines, but our Ult. Reward balance is pretty good and we could sign up for AA credit cards with no big deal. We should be able to get the 3 each (me and my wife)

The travel time would be July most likely.

I was curious because it seems like that is the rainy season in Thailand and cyclone season in HK.

I think Etihad will start out of IAD going to Abu Dhabi and then on to MLE, but not sure how long one would stay in Abu Dhabi.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:53 am

No points with airlines, but our Ult. Reward balance is pretty good and we could sign up for AA credit cards with no big deal. We should be able to get the 3 each (me and my wife)

I was curious because it seems like that is the rainy season in Thailand and cyclone season in HK.

I think Etihad will start out of IAD going to Abu Dhabi and then on to MLE, but not sure how long one would stay in Abu Dhabi.
There is alway Sri Lanka. If you do Sri Lanka I would recommend doing it first as the culture shock going from a small, private resort to Sri Lanka is pretty big. The food in Sri Lanka is good if you like spice, if not you will lose weight.
Old May 2, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP

From what I've read, July is a month with higher probability for bad/rainy weather... definitely recommend you do some web searches and read some forums, even call the property and talk to someone who has multiple years experience living there.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We just did this last month from Indianapolis (not really the east coast but airports we used in the US were all in the east coast). I had 200,000 CO miles so we had enough to go over in Business and return in Coach. Here was our routing.

Outbound - Business - 120,000 miles (60k each pax)
IND-PHL - US - First
PHL-FRA - LH - Business
FRA-DEL - LH - Business

We spent a few days in Delhi and Agra seeing the sights in northern India. It was much more fun than I had expected. We then paid with cash to fly Sri Lanken Airways from DEL-CMB-MLE. It was $500 per person one way. We spent a week at this resort and then returned MLE-CMB-DXB. We spent another few days in Dubai and again had a better than expected time. This was also on Sri Lanken Airways for $500 per person one way.

Inbound - Coach - 80,000 miles (40k each pax)
DXB-IAD - Coach
IAD-IND - Coach

If I had to do it again, I would do it the exact same way. It was nice to see 3 different areas of this part of the world and it broke the trip to MLE up so it did not seem like it took forever to get there. Other options on Star Alliance would be to go over the Pacific but that might be a but long coming from the east coast.

I would avoid using BA, even if using AA miles due to the rediculous fees they charge. Our total cost using UACO miles was $160 in taxes. We tried flying AA on this same routing but they did not have availability and the UA website shows partner flights so much better than AA.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: A few
I see from their Facebook page they have added a private dining cabana and various beach cabanas that look beautiful. It is nice to see the ongoing investment in improving the property.
Old May 18, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: A few
Park Hyatt Maldives blog - let's hope it gets regularly updated and maintained

http://parkhyattmaldiveshadahaa.blogspot.com
Old May 21, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Park Hyatt Maldives blog - let's hope it gets regularly updated and maintained

http://parkhyattmaldiveshadahaa.blogspot.com
Ah, the work of the delightful and informative Arabella - such a credit to the resort!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.