Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by berto714
the size of the resort (wouldn't want anything much bigger, like the Six Senses or even the St Regis),
StR was too big for you? Then PH is probably much smaller than I thought because I did not think StR was big at all.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Any recent experiences with the baggage allowance on the transfer? It's weight concept which I'm not likely to go over but I'm concerned with bringing 2 large checked in (think 50-60 total dimensions) and a standard ish carry on just due to bulk/size. We can always pre store them in Singapore airport but just a slight hassle.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:04 pm

Anybody have experience bringing drone to the resort? I have no intention of flying it over the resort. Just out to sea and will be using it when I am on excursions out at sea.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by shadowlines
Anybody have experience bringing drone to the resort? I have no intention of flying it over the resort. Just out to sea and will be using it when I am on excursions out at sea.
I have an upcoming stay here next month and they informed us about their drone policy as follows:

Drone Photography

To maintain our guests’ privacy and comfort, drones are not permitted to be used at the resort.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:36 pm

Anyone here have experience with departing the PH For the 630pm QR flight to DOH. Just trying to figure out what to expect on day of departure As far as time leaving the resort /boat / Maldivian flight to MLE. Hoping they put us on the 330pm flight out of GKK as that would still leave us approx 90 before boarding begins the QR flight

Last edited by AlexanderK; Dec 24, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by AlexanderK
Anyone here have experience with departing the PH For the 630pm QR flight to DOH. Just trying to figure out what to expect on day of departure As far as time leaving the resort /boat / Maldivian flight to MLE. Hoping they put us on the 330pm flight out of GKK as that would still leave us approx 90 before boarding begins the QR flight
They typically aim for at least two hours at MLE.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:25 am

These are the current tentative departure times for Jan 2020 from GKK when I last reached out to them in October. If your flights are set, you can email them with your flight information and they'll give you an idea of what flight you'll be on.

Ø Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs,1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
These are the current tentative departure times for Jan 2020 from GKK when I last reached out to them in October. If your flights are set, you can email them with your flight information and they'll give you an idea of what flight you'll be on.

Ø Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs,1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
i assume the employees at PH handling these bookings don’t ask the customer for their preference but seeing as I’m on the 1830 QR flight I really wouldn’t want to be on any of the Kooddoo departures other than the 15:30. That’s literally a perfect flight out. Let’s hope they don’t stick me on 1130
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Just wrappiong up our final plans for a departure a month out. First stay here (Jan 28-Feb 4, 7 nights)

I've booked the following for couples to get the 10% discount
  • Relaxing Romance massage package- 2hours
  • Cocktail class
  • Maldavian Family Feast- Sunday version
  • Lagoon Dining
  • Diving- Scuba diving Discover for my wife that I'll acompny her as a certified diver for my acclimation dive and a 2 dive boat trip the next day where we can go together, though not too deep as she is not certified
Globalist on pts in a normal room (if we get an upgrade, great. No big deal)
We opted away from the all inclusive as Globalist benefits seem pretty good. We drink a bit, but with a young baby (staying home with both grandmothers) I think we will be more interested in sleep than drinking heavily. Plus the ability to pick and choose where we eat each day seems to outweigh the potentially lower cost of the all you can eat and drink for us.

Cashed in some AA miles for Business flights from AGP to MLE. Qatar on the way, Etihad on the way back.

Any last minute tips, cautions, suggestions?

I am going to buy a full sleeve top and bottom rashguard for snorkeling so I don't have to worry about sunburn so much- as I antipate snorkeling a lot.

Thanks for reading!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I believe this has been previously covered at full price rates, however if one had the opportunity to do Half Board for 85 USD per person per night or full board for 110 per person per night, is this worthwhile as opposed to just ordering a la carte? I am a Globalist and intend to have a late and heavy breakfast each day as is recommended, but I'm trying to determine whether the meal plans are worthwhile at the discounted rates above? Not big drinkers.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:10 am

i assume the employees at PH handling these bookings don’t ask the customer for their preference but seeing as I’m on the 1830 QR flight I really wouldn’t want to be on any of the Kooddoo departures other than the 15:30. That’s literally a perfect flight out. Let’s hope they don’t stick me on 1130
You can make your preference known to them, but my understanding is that the flight isn't confirmed until the day before your departure.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Before I forget- sunscreen and bug spray. Do we need to bring our own or do they have it gratis througout the resort?

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by inthemix
Before I forget- sunscreen and bug spray. Do we need to bring our own or do they have it gratis througout the resort?

Thanks
Just my .02 but... I've never been there but based on other resorts I've been to, sunscreen is never free.. in fact it's typically a big marked up item. Take your own as they may not have the you like or it may not even be available.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
No complimentary sunscreen provided as if common at Four Seasons and some others out there. Be sure to buy some in advance of your trip and bring it with you or you’ll pay dearly. You have to check your bag onto the Maldivian plane anyways so it’s not much of an inconvenience.

Last edited by cascade; Jan 12, 2020 at 3:11 am
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:10 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by inthemix

Thanks
Ist was not free at the PH, but ist was free at the W Fesdu and the RC Sarasota.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.