Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
So if you had to do it over, would you still split time between the two or only do one? I'm thinking about doing the same (a few days at PH and Conrad).
If you're only thinking of staying for a total of 7 nights, I wouldn't split it. Again, we did 4/5 and felt we could've done a night more on each. Unless you're big on diving, 6 nights is the most I would recommend at the PH. We crammed in a long excursion and a long spa treatment along with a private beach dinner. We could've used a day or two just to relax.

http://joeprotravel.com/2017/04/25/d...adahaa-review/
http://joeprotravel.com/2017/05/10/d...dives-hadahaa/

I'll repost this as well to give you an idea of what there is to do at the PH: (Video not visible here if using a mobile device)

OTOH at the Conrad you could probably do just fine with 7, MAYBE even 8 nights. The property is much larger (two islands) and there is more to do. The atmosphere is quite different (PH was pretty intimate) given how large the property is. And keep in mind the standard Beach Villas share walls and are not detached like at the PH. But they have on-site watersports like Jet-Blade and Jet-Skis, there are plenty more places to dine (did someone say "Underwater Restaurant"), and if you go in the right time of year you can do manta-spotting from the main jetty connecting the islands and take a whale-shark snorkeling excursion.

http://joeprotravel.com/2017/06/10/d...island-review/

My post on "what to do at the Conrad" should be up in the next few weeks.
And here's a video on some of the things we did at the Conrad (Video not visible here if using a mobile device)

Originally Posted by canyonleo
And I'll bet you're not a serious diver. Not that it's anything negative, but it makes the point that a diver would really be impacted by an itinerary that jumps island, given the 24 hour wait required before air travel after diving, and that some/most properties don't allow a "real" first day dive (and in place of one require a check-out dive to judge the divers' skill).

Any avid diver will want a minimum stay of 4-5 nights, and the serious diver will likely find a few more nights even better (I did 9 nights with eight days of two tank AM boat diving, and it was not close to too many).
Well, we did 4 nights PH/5 Conrad, and while I'm not a diver at all, my Fiancee is. I don't know what the line is between Avid/Serious, but she did the orientation, night dive, and 2 daytime trips (2x 2 tank dives) Tuesday/Wednesday at PH- all while fitting in the activities I listed above. She was out of the water by noon on Wednesday and our flight to Male for the transfer was 1 P.M Thursday. She didn't fall under normal property restrictions for diving at the Conrad given that she completed her required orientation dive at the PH (it was the first time our host had fielded the question "will I need to do another orientation dive since I'm doing one at PH?"). I think it's a Country-based restriction, not a property-based.
At the Conrad she went on 5 dives over our five night stay, including 3 morning dive trips (3x 2 tank dives), a dive at the Ithaa restaurant, and a night dive at the house reef. Our seaplane flight wasn't until 5 P.M on departure day, and our main flight wasn't until 11 P.M- so that didn't affect her dives the previous day.
Both at the PH and the Conrad we wanted to do a few things together, so she didn't devote as much time to diving as she might have on her own.

She does say that in general she likes PH more than Conrad, and as far as diving/snorkeling goes she was much happier at the PH. I don't think we would have gone to Conrad at all if it was up to her :-)
cruisingmickey likes this.

Last edited by joecool1885; Aug 7, 2017 at 11:48 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by Jay00848
GA8REIL how was the snorkeling during your recent visit?
I haven't been yet; going in late Sept.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:52 pm

Is points + cash an option at this PH Maldives? I can't seem to pull up a booking for P+C.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:34 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Construction photos on Facebook facebook.com/ParkHyattMaldivesHadahaa/posts/1885576931458778
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by slm9555
Is points + cash an option at this PH Maldives? I can't seem to pull up a booking for P+C.

It is however it appears they post c&p once in a while for only a handful of dates for this property. Not really a great pattern. If your flexible keep an eye out for it then book around the c&p dates.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Construction photos on Facebook facebook.com/ParkHyattMaldivesHadahaa/posts/1885576931458778
I think it was taken down? I cant access it
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:04 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ga8riel
I think it was taken down? I cant access it
Indeed. Perhaps they decided drawing attention to construction isn't great for sales...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:21 am

Injust booked 7 nights on points I am very excited!!

Two quick questions, does the point rate include breakfast and does the property still charge fees/tax on Point bookings?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The P+C rate is just another base rate, you can find the details of what that includes in the rate rules....

And yes, you pay taxes on the cash part of your booking.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
The P+C rate is just another base rate, you can find the details of what that includes in the rate rules....

And yes, you pay taxes on the cash part of your booking.
So in my case I booked in full with points there should be no out of pocket fees/taxes? It's interesting that the advanced paid rate includes breakfast but the standard rate does not even though it costs a lot more money. I believe the points redemption is equivalent to a standard rate and not an advanced rate so I should not expect any breakfast included?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by slm9555
So in my case I booked in full with points there should be no out of pocket fees/taxes? It's interesting that the advanced paid rate includes breakfast but the standard rate does not even though it costs a lot more money. I believe the points redemption is equivalent to a standard rate and not an advanced rate so I should not expect any breakfast included?
You wont get breakfast unless you are a globalist when using points. All cash rates should be including breakfast?!

Last edited by zzrayzz; Aug 29, 2017 at 9:31 pm Reason: read wrong
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
You wont get breakfast unless you are a globalist when using points. All cash rates should be including breakfast?!
When making a mock reservation the advanced purchase rate includes breakfast but the more expensive standard rate does not. I understand that the advanced rate is non-refundable. However, I think the more expensive rate should also include breakfast by virtue of the rate being more expensive, but I understand this is not the case.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:57 am

Is it possible to get to the property by yourself and save? Book yourself the flight to Kooddoo and take local speed boat. I imagine it is much cheaper than $520.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:49 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by cutnana
Is it possible to get to the property by yourself and save? Book yourself the flight to Kooddoo and take local speed boat. I imagine it is much cheaper than $520.
No. And if you're trying to cut corners like that then the Maldives isn't for you.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
No. And if you're trying to cut corners like that then the Maldives isn't for you.
That's not entirely true. There's ways one Diamond can do a PHM trip and save thousands over what another Diamond might spend... and it might not at all be cutting corners or the traveler saving money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.