Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:42 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelBug1314
Hi. Going to PH Maldives later this year (in about 3 months) for the first time.

Planning to do some excursions and spa. Wanted to pre-book to get the 10% discount and they are very quick and prompt in replying to me, but not very good at addressing my questions and concerns. I don't know if it's a language issue or whether this is the norm.

For example, we want to do some dives and spa treatment, but the spa wants to know when to schedule treatment times and at the same time, I'm not getting any answers from front desk on when and how the dives are scheduled.

Thanks again for any information from guests who have stayed there recently. Looking forward to the trip and want to know if I should/need to contact the resort again. Any advice on pre-arrival communication would be appreciated.
Pre-arrival communication with them was really hard.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:46 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Pre-arrival communication for me was smooth. They always replied promptly. I wanted to plan some dives, a fishing trip as of course, the transfers from MLE to the resort. I also had questions about Diamond benefits and other all inclusive plans. No issues at all.

Did not try the spa at all. I was too busy in the waters
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:31 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes that sounds a good plan... and no did not do any trips, the house reef is about as good as you can get anywhere in the world for snorkeling... just put on your masks, a UV t shirt and enjoy what's in front of your room it's amazing
Thanks for the heads up on the UV shirts, I just bought some, burned myself bad in St. Lucia a few weeks back
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Thanks for the heads up on the UV shirts, I just bought some, burned myself bad in St. Lucia a few weeks back
Yes an absolute must have in this region!!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Pre-arrival communication for me was smooth. They always replied promptly. I wanted to plan some dives, a fishing trip as of course, the transfers from MLE to the resort. I also had questions about Diamond benefits and other all inclusive plans. No issues at all.

Did not try the spa at all. I was too busy in the waters
Ok, maybe the problem was that it was a not standard combination we needed to arrange.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:56 pm

Random question, hoping someone can help.

Staying here near the end of April for 5 nights. Booked into a Park Villa. As a Platinum, is there any chance at all of getting upgraded to a Pool Villa? Obviously, highly doubt I have a shot at an overwater Villa, and that's fine. But a Pool Villa would be wonderful.

I realize it's dependent on what's available, but is there any thing I should do ahead of time to increase my odds, such as email the hotel?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by jgroll57
Random question, hoping someone can help.

Staying here near the end of April for 5 nights. Booked into a Park Villa. As a Platinum, is there any chance at all of getting upgraded to a Pool Villa? Obviously, highly doubt I have a shot at an overwater Villa, and that's fine. But a Pool Villa would be wonderful.

I realize it's dependent on what's available, but is there any thing I should do ahead of time to increase my odds, such as email the hotel?
As a plat? I don't think even Diamonds get upgraded often.

So I would say no shot...
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Westin.
As a plat? I don't think even Diamonds get upgraded often.

So I would say no shot...
I believe the standard is to upgrade Diamonds to the pool villa. I doubt Platinums get much.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by skunker
I believe the standard is to upgrade Diamonds to the pool villa. I doubt Platinums get much.
Even Diamonds are not always upgraded, even if there is availability.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by peter42
Ah well, that's fine. I appreciate the help.

Would you say it's worth the $200 or so per night to upgrade to the Pool Villa?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:27 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver

Honestly I wouldn't... Maybe if you wanna upgrade to a water villa, why not.... but the pool villas, well, they just have that plunge pool. You don't need that when you have a huge turquoise pool a few steps away or if you want fresh water, soak in the big tub in the open air bathroom in the back of your villa
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:34 am

Good question, we did not like the non pool villa at all, the design was clearly made for the pool, so it just looks somethinh is missing.

We thought the pool villa is much nicer, so maybe you look for a deal, where the free upgrade is included.

If it is worth $200 is a personal decision.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by peter42
Then they changed the policy.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Honestly I wouldn't... Maybe if you wanna upgrade to a water villa, why not.... but the pool villas, well, they just have that plunge pool. You don't need that when you have a huge turquoise pool a few steps away or if you want fresh water, soak in the big tub in the open air bathroom in the back of your villa
We enjoyed our plunge pool as it was nice to cool off after lounging on the beach in the hot sun.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)

We thought it was. It made a difference to us. Sure you can walk into the sea but sometimes you just want to roll into the pool and remain in your own privacy. You can relax a little more easily in the pool too.

For us staying in the Maldives and not having a pool (despite all that sea) wouldn't be right but we're all different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.