Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Save 50% Off Every Second Night at Hyatt Hotels in Japan

Old May 5, 2011, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond

In case you plan to visit Japan in the next few months:

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...gp_hppsa_NA_en

Stay:
08 May 2011 - 31 Jul 2011

Now, when you stay two or more nights at any participating Hyatt throughout Japan, receive 50% off every second night. Plus, earn 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points for your two-night stay.

From the calm elegance of Park Hyatt Tokyo to the quiet luxury of Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa, enjoy the unique culture, energy and friendly hospitality at any of the six participating Hyatt hotels in Japan.

To take advantage of this great offer, book now using Offer Code GP650
Old May 5, 2011, 1:22 pm

Some pretty decent prices. Sooo tempting even though I have been to Japan twice in the last two years. Nice rates for the HR Kyoto. Really love Kyoto.

HR Kyoto has some pretty smoking deals now, considering the terrible exchange rate. 3 night promo where 3rd night is free, and includes a 3000 yen coupon for dinner/spa treatments, good unlimited uses during stay. I saw 3 day stays for a total of $365 before taxes.

Last edited by antonius66; May 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm
Old May 5, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by antonius66
Some pretty decent prices. Sooo tempting even though I have been to Japan twice in the last two years. Nice rates for the HR Kyoto. Really love Kyoto.

HR Kyoto has some pretty smoking deals now, considering the terrible exchange rate. 3 night promo where 3rd night is free, and includes a 3000 yen coupon for dinner/spa treatments, good unlimited uses during stay. I saw 3 day stays for a total of $365 before taxes.
Where are you finding the details for Kyoto? Could you provide a link?
Old May 5, 2011, 4:20 pm

All offers:

http://kyoto.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt...equestid=32348

Specifically, 3rd night free:

http://kyoto.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt...sBookable=true
Old May 6, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
I have played with the reservation system with GP650.
For this offer, the price is substantially higher than the advanced purchase. Accordingly, even when taking into consideration 50% for the second night, you may end up with almost the same price depending on the dates of reservation. Positive aspect of this offer is that you can get 2,000 additional points anyway.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Hikki1224
I have played with the reservation system with GP650.
For this offer, the price is substantially higher than the advanced purchase. Accordingly, even when taking into consideration 50% for the second night, you may end up with almost the same price depending on the dates of reservation. Positive aspect of this offer is that you can get 2,000 additional points anyway.
And, of course, the fact that the reservations are not prepaid and non-refundable. That`s a big difference.

Effectively 25% off of daily rate... pretty good deal.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
And, of course, the fact that the reservations are not prepaid and non-refundable. That`s a big difference.

Effectively 25% off of daily rate... pretty good deal.
Here is a message from Hyatt reservation system.
Rate requires full pre-payment and is non-refundable. Discount will be taken at time of check-out.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:08 am

Here is a message from Hyatt reservation system.
Rate requires full pre-payment and is non-refundable. Discount will be taken at time of check-out.
Sorry, didn`t see that... Maybe not that great of a deal then.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:32 am

I saw a few examples where it was an ok rate. Example in Kyoto where AP was 12000 yen a night, and the 650 rate was 15000 just like the DR, which was about 2000 yen cheaper for the two nights, and gave bonus points. It is not GREAT but can be useful. Most Hyatt promo rates are like that though, where usually they are not even beneficial because they usually cost way more than the "bonus" is worth, when compared to other rates.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
I saw a few examples where it was an ok rate. Example in Kyoto where AP was 12000 yen a night, and the 650 rate was 15000 just like the DR, which was about 2000 yen cheaper for the two nights, and gave bonus points. It is not GREAT but can be useful. Most Hyatt promo rates are like that though, where usually they are not even beneficial because they usually cost way more than the "bonus" is worth, when compared to other rates.
Then, why Hyatt does such a gimmick in promo?
The objective of promos should not be to give confusion to us. I prefer simple promo which indicates whether it is of value to me or not, rather than forcing me to attempt several reservations for price comparison. Do people in sales department in the Headquarter need to continuously generate a flow of promos only to show their presence in the organization? How is their job performance rated? According to 1Q-2011 financial statement, properties in Japan and Middle East appear poor performers for apparent reasons. When the market is really contracted, dramatic incentive may be needed to win customers. This new promo may not be sufficient to become a winner in such a deteriorating market environment. This is just curiosity as one relatively new to Hyatt.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:31 pm

Well, I agree with regards to promo values, as I asked in another thread here I started about specifically that. However, there are SOME values in those rates SOMETIMES, and other times there are certain clients that are not price sensitive, such as expense accounts. Also, Hyatt just announced excellent earnings if I recall, so I doubt they are concerned.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Then, why Hyatt does such a gimmick in promo?
The objective of promos should not be to give confusion to us. I prefer simple promo which indicates whether it is of value to me or not, rather than forcing me to attempt several reservations for price comparison. Do people in sales department in the Headquarter need to continuously generate a flow of promos only to show their presence in the organization? How is their job performance rated? According to 1Q-2011 financial statement, properties in Japan and Middle East appear poor performers for apparent reasons. When the market is really contracted, dramatic incentive may be needed to win customers. This new promo may not be sufficient to become a winner in such a deteriorating market environment. This is just curiosity as one relatively new to Hyatt.
With only 3 posts to your handle a warm welcome to Flyertalk ^
Your post is quite interesting actually and very relevant.
I have no idea who was responsible for this particular promotion at Hyatt however marketers don't always make the right choices as much as they try to succeed each and every time they launch an offering.
Its combination of a variety of factors. The biggest problem is when marketers try and make too much out of one promotion with too many complicated steps. What appeals to some may not appear to all.
In an impatient world customer service doesn’t want a training class to learn from their latest efforts and the customer doesn’t want to ask 1000 questions and read a tutorial to understand how to fulfill until they get an agent who actually understands the offering......

The good folks at Hyatt and in every program are highly aware that every country and market where they do business may or not appreciate their offerings or for that matter respond or understand them. It is a constant challenge every marketer faces. I can tell you the Hyatt folks have the best intentions win or lose. Its a very difficult juggling act on limited budgets

As one who has consulted over the years I can tell you this much
The simpler and well communicated the offering the greater chance you have of reaching the masses successfully......having said that I admire the Hyatt folks in particular as they take risks over the years yet they have remained true to more broad based promotions on average where every member can feel a part of this inspired program. Hyatt has greatly added value to the relationship in every corner from the program to a wide array of exceptional promotions.

The hardest part of the job for some of these bright marketing folks is remembering what it’s like to be the customer. They have deadlines, budgets and targets to reach.
I see this more of these problems on the airline side of marketing than anyplace else.
My only disappointment with Hyatt or any program for that matter is when they fail to communicate when something fails to the very folks that are suppose to help us in customer service and in the end we the customer suffer and remain highly frustrated. The good news is I believe fully in a number at Hyatt. They are communicating better with us and open to sharing their intentions more than any single program I have had the pleasure to participate in. So for that reason alone I am giving them the chance to try new things and be open for change......

One of the biggest losses to the program more recently was in fact the G bonus it was simple,tied to and occasionally a favorite property/destination and any eligible rate applied
For many members I continue to hear from G bonuses created a compelling tipping point that became a deal maker or breaker when looking at a competing brand and instead choosing Hyatt. When and if I have the opportunity I would urge them to reconsider returning them again even if only on a rotating basis as they were a crowd pleaser only upstaged by Faster Free Nights and the like..........

I personally don’t worry that G bonuses are gone as much as Hyatt doesn’t go the way of other programs where the upcoming newly introduced promotions become layered complicated and highly conditional
I can think of airlines and hotel companies who lost much business from their membership base as they put condition after condition and layers of complications on top. Some that required a lawyer present when transacting with the company

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm
Old May 7, 2011, 6:48 am

I thank you for a warm welcome message.
Promo alone is apparently not the only element for successful hotel business. One of the unique features of the Hyatt group is coherent use of HYATT across all levels of hotels (except some). It seems that favorable brand image of Park Hyatt emanates to the rest of the group hotels. In this sense, I feel Hyatt is a very successful hotel group. This is a stark contrast to the other major hotel chains such as SPG. If $$$ saving or higher probability of suit upgrade is key selection criteria, there will be less loyalty to a given loyalty program since such advantages are easily lost time to time.
I have stayed at Grand Hyatt Tokyo and Hyatt Regency Tokyo after a series of events in March-2011. One of the properties actually closed several floors just because of low occupancy. When I have spoken to some employees, they were seriously expecting layoff in the near future. It is apparent that ADR and RevPAR in Japanese (and Middle East) properties are alarmingly low or far below the level experienced at post-Lehman in 2008. Given the current daunting situation, I just felt a sense of strangeness against new promo just introduced in Japan. At least for me, I am willing to continue to stay at Hyatt hotels because of sense of attachment and comfort that they have given to me in the past year.
There may be other ways around to maintain business at difficult time.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting about the low occupancies in this region. Hyatt appears to be holding to its premium pricing, putting it considerably higher than the competition in many circumstances. But must also admit there is a glut of almost 5 Star properties trying to fill their rooms, particularly in Tokyo and the Emirates. It appears only Kyoto has significantly reduced its rates, showing almost half what I was seeing last fall when booking. Considering Japan in June or July, and want to return to Kyoto, so this might be worth doing.
Old May 8, 2011, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Interesting about the low occupancies in this region. Hyatt appears to be holding to its premium pricing, putting it considerably higher than the competition in many circumstances. But must also admit there is a glut of almost 5 Star properties trying to fill their rooms, particularly in Tokyo and the Emirates. It appears only Kyoto has significantly reduced its rates, showing almost half what I was seeing last fall when booking. Considering Japan in June or July, and want to return to Kyoto, so this might be worth doing.
I took advantage of the final night free and booked two rooms in Kyoto in mid-June. Three nights in Twin Room, total 30.000 yen per room. I will be staying on business in Tokyo from late May to early July, but will do some traveling within Japan with the family, taking advantage e.g. of JAL's Yokoso tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.