Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Save 50% Off Every Second Night at Hyatt Hotels in Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save 50% Off Every Second Night at Hyatt Hotels in Japan

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2011, 9:28 pm

now please make this promotion for the rest of Asia.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Interesting about the low occupancies in this region. Hyatt appears to be holding to its premium pricing, putting it considerably higher than the competition in many circumstances.
What competion are you referring to? I have always the rates at Hyatt properties in Japan to be competitive. In Tokyo, I am not aware of any comparable propreties doing deep discount.
Old May 12, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by Hikki1224
I thank you for a warm welcome message.
Promo alone is apparently not the only element for successful hotel business. One of the unique features of the Hyatt group is coherent use of “HYATT” across all levels of hotels (except some). It seems that favorable brand image of Park Hyatt emanates to the rest of the group hotels. In this sense, I feel Hyatt is a very successful hotel group. This is a stark contrast to the other major hotel chains such as SPG. If $$$ saving or higher probability of suit upgrade is key selection criteria, there will be less loyalty to a given loyalty program since such advantages are easily lost time to time.
I have stayed at Grand Hyatt Tokyo and Hyatt Regency Tokyo after a series of events in March-2011. One of the properties actually closed several floors just because of low occupancy. When I have spoken to some employees, they were seriously expecting layoff in the near future. It is apparent that ADR and RevPAR in Japanese (and Middle East) properties are alarmingly low or far below the level experienced at post-Lehman in 2008. Given the current daunting situation, I just felt a sense of strangeness against new promo just introduced in Japan. At least for me, I am willing to continue to stay at Hyatt hotels because of sense of attachment and comfort that they have given to me in the past year.
There may be other ways around to maintain business at difficult time.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Interesting about the low occupancies in this region. Hyatt appears to be holding to its premium pricing, putting it considerably higher than the competition in many circumstances. But must also admit there is a glut of almost 5 Star properties trying to fill their rooms, particularly in Tokyo and the Emirates. It appears only Kyoto has significantly reduced its rates, showing almost half what I was seeing last fall when booking. Considering Japan in June or July, and want to return to Kyoto, so this might be worth doing.
It seems Japan tourism industry has big psychological barrier to overcome b/c of nuclear radiation uncertainty. So many uninformed tourists and media just pay attention to the continued Fukushima nuclear radiation news, and this negatively impact travel bookings to Japan.

All hotels in Japan should coordinate with official Japan Tourism Bureau to adopt aggressive PR & marketing campaign to explain relative normalcy & safety of Japan aside from the Fukushima 30 km-radiation exclusion zone.

And I agree Hyatt corporate (in conjunction with Hyatt Japan properties) needs to have a better straight-forward promo to stimulate travel bookings -- such as 50% off second night for any rate paid.
Old May 12, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Originally Posted by Hikki1224
Here is a message from Hyatt reservation system.
Rate requires full pre-payment and is non-refundable. Discount will be taken at time of check-out.
how do they discount at check out if its prepaid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.