Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NEW YORK: Andaz Wall St or Andaz 5th Ave?

Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat

Hello, big dilemma here! I have stayed at Andaz 5th ave on a BWB night and location was fantastic room was great etc.

Now I have the 5th Ave reserved for $310 ai for the night I am staying there but the WS is showing at $165 or $193 ai.

Obviously big difference in price, for the inconvenience of staying in WS area, is the price difference worth it?

Well versed in NYC subways and really not in a hurry to go anywhere

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Would definitely pick the WS over the 5th ave. I've stayed at the Andaz WS multiple times now, and it is always my first choice. Others may exaggerate its inconvenient location, but it's a quick 4/5 train from most of the places you'll need to go in NYC. Read this with a grain of salt though, because my bias towards the WS vs. 5th ave location is greatly due to the attitude and attention to service detail by the staff. I am always greeted by name at the WS, and recognized for my loyalty in multiple ways (at the minimum, have always received an upgrade to an XL King). Contrast this to the 5th ave location, where I've had to fight hard for meager upgrades, clueless staff who simply google nearby recommendations, service issues abound, and inflexibility on the official 11am hotel check-out time. That being said, the hard product is extremely clean and stylish at both locations.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by doodley
Would definitely pick the WS over the 5th ave. I've stayed at the Andaz WS multiple times now, and it is always my first choice. Others may exaggerate its inconvenient location, but it's a quick 4/5 train from most of the places you'll need to go in NYC. Read this with a grain of salt though, because my bias towards the WS vs. 5th ave location is greatly due to the attitude and attention to service detail by the staff. I am always greeted by name at the WS, and recognized for my loyalty in multiple ways (at the minimum, have always received an upgrade to an XL King). Contrast this to the 5th ave location, where I've had to fight hard for meager upgrades, clueless staff who simply google nearby recommendations, service issues abound, and inflexibility on the official 11am hotel check-out time. That being said, the hard product is extremely clean and stylish at both locations.
sold! just booked it..non-refundable too and have to attend a formal dinner that night
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I would also go with the WS property any day. As already mentioned, the service is much better IME and the upgrades to better rooms are the norm for us. In addition, if you end up eating in-house Water&Wall is very good.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by todorovic
I would also go with the WS property any day. As already mentioned, the service is much better IME and the upgrades to better rooms are the norm for us. In addition, if you end up eating in-house Water&Wall is very good.
Agree on all points. Andaz WS is a solid hotel with really nice standard rooms and generous upgrades.

I also ate at Wall & Water this past weekend and was impressed (but not blown away).
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:30 pm

It's Andaz Wall Street or Grand Hyatt.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:39 pm

Really liked the WS Andaz and I think the location is pretty good. I liked the South St Seaport, the good connections (M 2/3 and 4/5) and it's not so loud at night. The rates are pretty good since the Andaz 5th opened. Big room, upgrades for diamond members and a nice little restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.