Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Capital One $900 Hyatt Check Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One $900 Hyatt Check Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
I am a bit troubled by the "acceptance varies by property" language. That leaves a lot of wiggle room.

Still, I took the plunge. All 100,000 of my Cap One bonus points posted this morning, and I just ordered two certificates which, assuming they are accepted, would fully cover a 5-night stay in London this summer.

I will report back on whether they are indeed $900 certificates or other denominations.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:35 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good morning!

The only rate plans the check certificates are not valid for, are as follows:

We are happy to assist our guests in checking the availability of using a certificate. Please PM us the certificate offer code, and the hotel, along with the dates you're looking to visit.

Prepaid rates, payments for meetings, catering, group functions, & negotiated volume rates (whether paid by the group or on an individual basis) for example, negotiated volume business, organization, meeting, convention & crew rates.

You can redeem more than one Hyatt Check Certificate at a time.

Hyatt Check Certificates may also be redeemed for eligible goods & services at Hyatt owned concessions within the participating hotel.

Hotel stay is NOT required at North America properties.

Hotel stay IS required at International properties.

Participating locations can be found here:

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/W...lidHotels.aspx

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Nick B.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Mar 29, 2011 at 9:43 am
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
^^ thank you so much, Nick!!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pclee
^^ thank you so much, Nick!!
Agreed. But can Nick confirm that this is indeed one (1) $900 certificate or if it's (9) $100 certificates?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by tusflyer
I will report back on whether they are indeed $900 certificates or other denominations.
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Agreed. But can Nick confirm that this is indeed one (1) $900 certificate or if it's (9) $100 certificates?
I'm not sure that Nick would be the one to confirm this - since it could be a special deal between Capital One and Hyatt Gift Certificates (which is a separate entity). Unfortunately, I'm sure that no one at Capital One CS is probably capable of confirming either. tusflyer is probably our "guinea pig" here, when (s)he receives the cert physically.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm not sure that Nick would be the one to confirm this - since it could be a special deal between Capital One and Hyatt Gift Certificates (which is a separate entity). Unfortunately, I'm sure that no one at Capital One CS is probably capable of confirming either. tusflyer is probably our "guinea pig" here, when (s)he receives the cert physically.
Cool. Thanks for making sense to a newb here. ^
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:57 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Regrding expiration dates

I would like to add that in my understanding expiration dates in some US states are not legally enforceable. Have been told that in the past with regard to other such similar situations.
Have even heard that directly from Hyatt representatives. How that would play out overseas or in other states within North America I am not quite sure of.
I too enrolled in the Cap 1 Venture card as a crap shoot.Though I was instantly approved the rest of the puzzle is still unsolved.Still waiting for the magic code to show up to demonstrate my proof of mileage in my acccount to reserve my pot of the billion mile cap reserved for new card holders.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 2, 2011 at 2:30 am
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I would like to add that in my understanding expiration dates in some US states are not legally enforceable. I have been told that in the past with regard to other such similar situations.
Have even heard that directly from Hyatt representatives. How that would play out overseas or in other states within North America I am not quite sure of.
I too enrolled in the Cap 1 Venture card as a crap shoot.Though I was instantly approved the rest of the puzzle is still unsolved.Still waiting for the magic code
to show up to reserve my pot of the billion mile cap reserved for new card holders
At least for California, I believe there is an exception for the gift card expiration law for loyalty program awards. If you buy a gift card in California for cash, it can't expire, but if you get it for "free" from a loyalty or reward program it can expire.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Same in washington state.
If you want to know more of the states where this is true, just look to see where a class action against Groupon has been filed...

Originally Posted by oc2005
At least for California, I believe there is an exception for the gift card expiration law for loyalty program awards. If you buy a gift card in California for cash, it can't expire, but if you get it for "free" from a loyalty or reward program it can expire.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks all
Where is my full time attorney for dissecting legalese
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by tusflyer
Thanks. I am waiting for your update!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:55 am

Do you think there would be a problem using one of these $900 certificates for a 4 night Hyatt stay (paying BAR for a standard room, at a non-resort property), and also using 6000 hyatt points to upgrade it to a suite?

Combining the 6k point upgrade, with the $900 hyatt gift certificate (courtesy of Cap1).
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longleaf
Do you think there would be a problem using one of these $900 certificates for a 4 night Hyatt stay (paying BAR for a standard room, at a non-resort property), and also using 6000 hyatt points to upgrade it to a suite?

Combining the 6k point upgrade, with the $900 hyatt gift certificate (courtesy of Cap1).
First make sure that the rate you are paying is eligible for the points upgrade. I thought it was Rack rate, not necessarily BAR. Otherwise, I don't see why that would be a problem. The check certificate is merely a payment applied at the end of your stay.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective
First make sure that the rate you are paying is eligible for the points upgrade. I thought it was Rack rate, not necessarily BAR. Otherwise, I don't see why that would be a problem. The check certificate is merely a payment applied at the end of your stay.
The terms with these 6k point suite upgrades say: When redeeming Regency/Grand Club® Upgrades or Suite Upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the prevailing deluxe rack rate (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc.). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the prevailing rack rate.

At non-resort properties, isn't rack rate the same as BAR? (except you can't use discounted rates within the BAR category like AAA, government, group rates, etc.)

At resort properties, isn't it just the BAR within a deluxe category like partial ocean room view?

Or is "prevailing rack rate", according to this 6,000points award redemption something different? a bit confused.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longleaf
The terms with these 6k point suite upgrades say: When redeeming Regency/Grand Club® Upgrades or Suite Upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the prevailing deluxe rack rate (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc.). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the prevailing rack rate.

At non-resort properties, isn't rack rate the same as BAR? (except you can't use discounted rates within the BAR category like AAA, government, group rates, etc.)

At resort properties, isn't it just the BAR within a deluxe category like partial ocean room view?

Or is "prevailing rack rate", according to this 6,000points award redemption something different? a bit confused.
It is confusing. I think sometimes the Best Available Rate includes Advance Purchase options, which would not be considered rack rate. Usually I think of the Hyatt Daily Rate as the Rack rate. I would call Hyatt to confirm the required rate for your stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.