Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by myperks
ummmmm.....
i called GP today to get some bonus credits not posted for a stay in Feb.
just before the call ended, the rep said I see you are not registered for our current promotion that runs from MAR 4th to June 30th ... (and went into the 5 nights = 10k, and so on) and that my 2 nights last week will count.

did i miss something? maybe i did
Same here. I call about the missing bonus point and the rep said the current promotions you mention is runs on MARCH 4. I thought it will not start until April 1. I did the search online and only find the info said it is start on April 1The rep register me for that promotion over the phone and said my last 2 nights stay will count toward this promotion.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Anyone seen the t&c yet?
Points for two rooms? Unlikely I guess...
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

No luck here, the rep told me the promotion will start at Apr.1 sigh

Originally Posted by travelbug2225
Same here. I call about the missing bonus point and the rep said the current promotions you mention is runs on MARCH 4. I thought it will not start until April 1. I did the search online and only find the info said it is start on April 1The rep register me for that promotion over the phone and said my last 2 nights stay will count toward this promotion.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:22 pm

Maybe you two got the same rep?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:38 pm

Is it worth calling? Stayed 6 nights with Hyatt 3/7-3/13 and would love for those nights to count toward this promo.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Great 10K Question

In the g10K promo did 2 rooms on the same night give double credit?

I need 2 rooms for my brothers graduation and am between a Hyatt Place and a Fairfield inn. FI is much cheaper but if I can double dip on this promo it might actually be worth it considering I have 1 stay 1 night at Hyatt this year.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by stallion114
In the g10K promo did 2 rooms on the same night give double credit?

I need 2 rooms for my brothers graduation and am between a Hyatt Place and a Fairfield inn. FI is much cheaper but if I can double dip on this promo it might actually be worth it considering I have 1 stay 1 night at Hyatt this year.
On the great 10K you couldnt get on 2 rooms, so I ended up with with one stay on partners acct. Had 2 rooms for 5 nights.

I have the same issue in May, hence my question upthread.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
In response to the above, I called Hyatt yesterday to say that some of my friends could sign up before the announced March 31. He offered to register me right then, so I said OK & also got him to register a buddy.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I wonder if the "buzz period" has been made so long in order for the negative reaction (aka "withdrawal" from former "Big" promotions) to have spent itself by next week. It also would allow Defenders to say the politician's last-ditch response: "It's all been said before - get over it." And, "You've gotta understand their side of it," to build. (Ahem... when we hear it, remember, we're not talking about hard times here.)

Certainly the Gold Passport marketing experts who were so showered with praise for their expertise and prescience over the last couple of years are the same experts who have designed this next promotion. (Five or six nights pop a free night at some hotels, starting from the bottom up.) They must know that this step-down (if it's solely what we've heard) will be a disappointment. Of course they must anticipate that our reaction will be what theirs would be if they were on our side of the table.

Remember: Loyalty. Hyatt must have grabbed tons of market share, good will and reputation in the leanest time in memory. I know that this board is definitely only the tip of the iceberg. So, whereof the iceberg now? Maybe better asked: Loyalty? (To be clear: Ours.)

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Thank you Hyatt

I am thankful to Hyatt for another promotion. While they have raised the bar so high with FFN, but times are tough so I am happy to see another promo coming our way.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ACC2008
I am thankful to Hyatt for another promotion. While they have raised the bar so high with FFN, but times are tough so I am happy to see another promo coming our way.
Times are not so tough for the hotel trade, quite the contrary. For many travelers, the economic picture is not as rosy.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
With the announcement of Hilton's Q2 promotion, Hyatt's one now looks quite decent:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nced-yawn.html
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:33 am

It's interesting that these promotions are both focused on Nights rather than Stays. No need to do MRs to benefit!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DealDetective
It's interesting that these promotions are both focused on Nights rather than Stays. No need to do MRs to benefit!
Not if you are Diamond:

3 night consecutive stay yields 1K Diamond bonus
3 nights of MR yields 3K Dia bonus

Mattress Runs always yield more points for Diamonds.

But I do agree, there seem to be a trend.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:40 pm

FWIW, I called and they said that current GP members could be registered effective 3/4/11, but that only stays after 4/1/11 will count towards the promo. They even emailed me the T&C's. Doubt you'll get credit for stays prior to 4/1, it's only the registration that was open early for existing members. hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.