Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Old Mar 7, 11, 5:12 pm
  #46  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,108
I presume a promo is to get me to stay there by choosing Hyatt over someone else

this one will not do that

I won't be going out of my way for this one

If I go to a hyatt during this period it is b/c I was going to anyway so the points are just frosting but this promo does nothing to generate any additional stays

right now it doesn't even get me to look at Hyatt over anyone else
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:22 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: EWR
Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Posts: 262
Originally Posted by karung99 View Post
Brock,Chrissi et:
Could you answer this question please from Laurayoyce. Thanks,
Would also like accurate G bonus info on the website. It seems that hotel staff knows more about those than the Hyatt website.....
NJTraveler is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:26 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NC
Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 2,881
Originally Posted by ldsant View Post
This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.
It is, isn't it.

At last count, there are people not staying at Marriott due to the Cat changes, they won't be at Hyatt because the promo is yawner, not sure about HH because they haven't announced theirs yet....
sophiegirl is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:48 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pasadena,Ca.,US.
Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Posts: 7,115
YAY! Happy!
bigguyinpasadena is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:58 pm
  #50  
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Upcountry Maui, HI
Posts: 12,219
Originally Posted by laurajoyce View Post
Can people who talk to their PL rep ask about the status of the G bonuses? Can we expect these to come back or is Hyatt killing them off?
The G1/G2/G3 bonuses are not dead! They just aren't telling us where they are now. (more web site issues I guess, who knows?)

Call the property, and ask them if they are currently having G1/G2/G3. That's what I did and some others have done.


Originally Posted by satori View Post
Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

...

This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.
I think this one is good for both extended stayers and one-night stayers like me. I'm assuming if I stay 5 single night stays or 1 5-night stay, that I would get the same exact credit for this promo, right? (of course that assumes in both cases, I have enough total nights to qualify for the promo.)

Thanks for your analysis, Ric! I agree this is a decent promo right now, especially when you stack it with the other bonuses that are usually available. Though I hope you are wrong about FFN.

-David
LIH Prem is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 6:06 pm
  #51  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant View Post
I'm disappointed.

It is almost as though Hyatt is trying to make money rather than making GP members happy. They have their priorities mixed up.

As long as there are Hyatts where you travel, Hyatt still has the best program. I've only been Hyatt Diamond for a year and a half, and they have had some seriously incredible promotions in the past 18 months.

I (we?) have been spoiled. I do not think FFN can be reasonably expected on a frequent basis.
Isn't Hyatts job to make money? LOL i agree we have been spoiled with the CC isssue a FFN was not gonna happen. Still 5k points every two nights is pretty sweat after the first five. I like this because i dont need to hop in and out of hotels. That is my worst complaint about the FFN in the past i wont switch hotels i like to settle in and stay in one hotel. I like some things about this promo. Its still alot better than what starwood or marriott has out right now IMHO.

Its no FFN but i know we wern't getting one anyway. The CC is the reason a FFN had no chance right now there are way too many reward nights in circulation at least temporarily. Long term a FFN chance is getting lower with more hyatt points in circulation rising much much faster than new hotel rooms. I just hope we see one more FFN sneaked in after the summer busy season after people have a chance to redeem alot of the cc nights and before the cc people build up the points too high to make one without a category limit unrealistic
SkiUtah is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 6:11 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NC
Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 2,881
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
YAY! Happy!
dearest bigguy,

I am going to print this and frame it..
sophiegirl is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 6:13 pm
  #53  
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Upcountry Maui, HI
Posts: 12,219
Originally Posted by sophiegirl View Post
dearest bigguy,

I am going to print this and frame it..
lol. +1

-David
LIH Prem is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 6:22 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BKK/NRT
Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Posts: 777
I have 6 nights planned for the bonus period. I could have another night for additional bonus points.
kats is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 7:41 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pasadena,Ca.,US.
Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Posts: 7,115
Originally Posted by sophiegirl View Post
dearest bigguy,

I am going to print this and frame it..
Sophiegirl=I am often happy

I will still be hopping-the G bonuses and the Diamond bonuses do add up.

And now Hyatt takes my happiness away
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15995874-post4.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16002541-post35.html

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Mar 10, 11 at 2:00 pm
bigguyinpasadena is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 7:52 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NC
Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 2,881
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
Sophiegirl=I am often happy
But happy AND a yah? It's just too much to comprehend....
sophiegirl is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 8:00 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Posts: 12,206
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
Sophiegirl=I am often happy

I will still be hopping-the G bonuses and the Diamond bonuses do add up.
I will double happy if G bonuses are here when I book 10 nights during this period
karung99 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 8:11 pm
  #58  
thc
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Posts: 931
I usually prefer the points bonuses because I always found that I didn't have time to use up all my FFNs.

But one thing I do wish would come back is double stay credit.
thc is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 8:24 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,403
A month too late for my big spring trip with 10 nights at Hyatt properties.

Ah, well, maybe I'll squeeze five nights into that promo period...
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Mar 7, 11, 9:00 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Posts: 1,554
Is there a promo from another chain that is comparable/better than this one during this period? I know some have not announced yet. I am not aware of any.

If there are none, what's the point of the negative posts

Or are some of us so spoiled by past FFN? If FNs are so desirable, go get the MC - is not free but at $35 a night, is not bad either.
hotelfanatic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: