Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How do you get your Private Line Rep to contact you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you get your Private Line Rep to contact you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
where in the T&C for Hyatt GP does it state that one gets a Private Line Rep? All I can find is where it mentions a Diamond Line for reservations. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:17 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
They also have periodic competitions for additional compensation from time to time - eg signing people up for the chase card was one
This is what caused me to finally request a PL Rep. I knew I wanted the new Chase card and I had heard it would benefit a PL Rep if I signed up through one of them. I think my rep appreciated that the first request I had offered something for them, too.

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
the rest sound like its just as time consuming as doing it yourself
I originally thought this too, but as I've learned more, it's become faster and simpler to let my rep handle things. They are proactive in reviewing that points post correctly, and I often have an email saying my 1W or Gx bonuses were added, even before I've checked the web site. This obviouisly saves me making a call.

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I've been Diamond for a while and: 1) never knew this option existed and 2) was never offered this option by Hyatt.
I learned about the PL rep here on FT. I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned as a benefit by Hyatt or elsewhere. I think this is similar to Lifetime Diamond or Courtesy Card status, which isn't a listed benefit or in the T&Cs, but is mentioned here occasionally.

I've just had my rep a short time and am still learning how best to work with them. For example, I didn't realize they benefited from making reservations for me. I'll certainly try to shift as much of that as I can to them in the future.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
...her compensation is partially tied to the number of reservations she makes...

I had no idea. I've always tried to "bug" her as little as possible, still doing as much, and as much as I could keep up with, as possible, figuring that youall must keep her pretty busy, given what her job is all about. That just changed.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by ldsant
Again, what exactly do you need the personal concierge for that you are unable to do yourself or via a phone call to the Diamond line? I'm always curious to see what people require.
I travel exclusively in Asia. Most of the time I'm using local prepaid SIMs and it isn't always practical for me to make a call to the Diamond line between opening hours and cost of the call. With SPG I am able to use the Click to Call feature or the online chat feature. Neither of these are options with Hyatt. Now that I have access to a PLRS, I can just email her at any time of the day and she'll get back to me after having taken care of my request. She's been very valuable and enhanced my customer experience. I've made reservations, award reservations and executed suite upgrade certs.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by hautecouTours
where in the T&C for Hyatt GP does it state that one gets a Private Line Rep? All I can find is where it mentions a Diamond Line for reservations. Thanks!
It isn't in the T&C. See this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10947111-post39.html
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Wow - you guys have convinced me that I should use mine more often!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I just had a great interaction with my new rep. She just emailed to say that she found lower prices for a few reservations that I've got, and has updated them to reflect the lower price ^ Never had that happen with the Diamond desk.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ldsant
Wow - you guys have convinced me that I should use mine more often!
You didn't make it easy!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I just had a great interaction with my new rep. She just emailed to say that she found lower prices for a few reservations that I've got, and has updated them to reflect the lower price ^ Never had that happen with the Diamond desk.
Can you ask your PL reps what is going on with G1/G2/G3 bonuses?

-David
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:12 pm

Yes, confirmed. There had been some speculation on a separate thread a few months back, so I just flat out asked her and she confirmed it. I thought I was saving her work making mine online, but turns ot I was costing her $$. She certainly wasn't going to say anything herself though.
I also figured it was just easier to make the reservation online. Do you know if award bookings are also counted in their favor?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: status-less.
Yes, confirmed. There had been some speculation on a separate thread a few months back, so I just flat out asked her and she confirmed it. I thought I was saving her work making mine online, but turns ot I was costing her $$. She certainly wasn't going to say anything herself though.

They also have periodic competitions for additional compensation from time to time - eg signing people up for the chase card was one
I was unaware of this and have been backing away from using my PL rep. But in light of the above, guess I should consider asking my PL rep to make my reservations again rather than doing using the Diamond line or the web site.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:41 pm

I'm wondering why PL agents are not advertising there service is commission based. Lucky for me, another FTer friend told me about this since the beginning, so 99.9% of my bookings and Hyatt Visa sign ups were through my PL agent. In fact, I have referred all my friends and Family to sign up for the Hyatt Visa through my PL agent.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
And I have never had it happen with my PL Agent. Seems like after a slow start, you got a great one!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:14 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by imm2b
I'm wondering why PL agents are not advertising there service is commission based.
Because that would be improper and unseemly. Do you really want the PLA to be pressuring you to make reservations through them?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I've been Diamond for a while and: 1) never knew this option existed and 2) was never offered this option by Hyatt....
Me neither. I think in my mind I always associated Private Line Rep with Courtesy Card Holders. I could have used the help with making all of my bookings for this upcoming summer. Aargh! I'm always one step behind the curve!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.