Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Hotels to build Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro (opening 3/28/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Hotels to build Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro (opening 3/28/16)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
I know your pain. I'll be there in January and wishing it would be open too!
There are some dirt cheap business fares to Rio right now but I need the Hyatt stays this year so it will be Asia instead.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Just booked this for Jan 2017 for 3 nights on Points, Quoted rate was > 500 on phone, on web even with some discounts it's still 439. So this will be an expensive rank 4. (Likely booking near new year doesn't help, though it wasn't in the black out dates for new year)

Looking forward to seeing some reviews when it opens in March.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Does anyone know if they are still opening in March? The website says they are taking reservations for March 2016 but none of the dates seem to work. April seems bookable however.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Does anyone know if they are still opening in March? The website says they are taking reservations for March 2016 but none of the dates seem to work. April seems bookable however.
I have a reservation for March (23-26). When I made it there were very few dates available during that month. I believe they might have sold out already for the whole first month.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lautaro
There is a special "Intro Rate" for GP members:
  • US$ 229 + tax per room, per night, based on double occupancy
  • Daily breakfast for two served at the hotel restaurant
  • Book a second room for the same stay period under the same reservation and enjoy 50% off the room rate*

Not valid during the Olympics.
http://www.riodejaneiro.grand.hyatt....55704105&code=

"Now accepting reservations for stays from March 1, 2016 and beyond."
I booked a stay for July 2016 using this rate. It's posted through the offers page at $229 but shows as $209 for my dates. I saw good availability for apparently all room types for the dates I was considering. I think the opening rates go through the end of 2016 but of course need not be offered/available on all dates.

Sheraton Barra dates for the period were very similar.

Does anyone know whether the announced March 2106 is realistic? Is it starting to look finished? I'm going to need to watch the situation until there are reports of people actually staying here because I know that hotel opening dates frequently slip multiple times before they finally actually do open for business.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I booked a stay for July 2016 using this rate. It's posted through the offers page at $229 but shows as $209 for my dates.
The Brazilian economy is tanking spectacularly so we may see rate reductions. Unless they follow the same pricing model as the Thais, that is
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Lightbulb

Hotel is now opening March 28 instead of March 1.
I had a reservation for March 24 and was contacted to change dates first by Hyatt, with a very bad offer, later by the Hotel with a better deal.

There is a preview of some parts of the hotel here: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

GM is also publishing photos of the hotel on his Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christophe.lorvo

They are offering 4th night + Breakfast + lagoon view room from April 01 to July 01 for GP members. Rates end up at around 165usd + tax. http://www.riodejaneiro.grand.hyatt....56903348&code=
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
As I have already pointed out earlier on this thread few years ago, the location is terrible if one wants to spend some time doing sightseeing in Rio or visit Leblon/Ipanema/Copacabana frequently.

The drive is 30 minutes to an hour each way.

The hotel is suitable if one is planning to spend the entire time around Barra where one can find western malls.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:57 am

I'll be staying at this property next weekend and wondering what transportation options might be available from GIG to the hotel? I'll probably end up taking a cab from the airport, but would like to know what the cab fare might be. Google Maps indicates the journey should take about 45 minutes or so from the airport to the Grand Hyatt.

Any reports or experiences with transportation to this property are greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Since the property is open and we have reviews, I'll lock this thread for housekeeping, please discuss the property at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

Peteropny - co-mod - hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.