Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

I had a stay yesterday in DUS.

The hotel itself is really nice and modern. But there were many things that were not working as we would expect from a Hyatt.

The Regency Club is closed (DOX bar is offered instead of RC in the evening, DOX restaurant for breakfast), the Spa with Sauna... is closed. About both things I did not get any information before my arrival although it was booked several weeks before. Really disappointed about these both things as I expected to check out the pool and Sauna. And several other things...

Nice property, with need of improvement (due to new opening?)

If you can wait, I would wait until end of Jan, beginning of Feb when things are running smoother and RC and Spa are open...

Last edited by ckone501; Dec 16, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold
Many thanks for the heads up!!!

I was going to stay there this weekend and use a diamond upgrade to a suite. The RC, pool and spa closed completely defeats the point of going for me. They should really post on the website that many of the amenities are not available at this time. It would have been extremely disappointing had I gone this weekend to find that out.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:58 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Very bad communication from Hyatt.

The PH HH for instance always informed us even about minor problems, like ths CSD parade in front of the Hotel or the raised security measures when the USA football team was there.

DUS has given no information so any kind of far (besides the well hidden press release) - really disappointing and not up to Hyatt International normal standards.

Last edited by peter42; Dec 17, 2010 at 5:32 am Reason: typo and addition
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Well, the press release does say:

The hotel opens today with nearly all guestrooms available. DOX Restaurant, including its bar and sushi bar, the fitness center, and the hotel’s meeting rooms and ballroom are also open. Additional hotel services and amenities expected to be complete by mid-February 2011 include the Regency Club™, Rive Spa, the hotel’s premier suites, and Pebble’s restaurant.

http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...140&highlight=

However, the property's website does not contain any corresponding info. Not very well done, I agree...
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by swiss-mike
Well, the press release does say:

The hotel opens today with nearly all guestrooms available. DOX Restaurant, including its bar and sushi bar, the fitness center, and the hotel’s meeting rooms and ballroom are also open. Additional hotel services and amenities expected to be complete by mid-February 2011 include the Regency Club™, Rive Spa, the hotel’s premier suites, and Pebble’s restaurant.

http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...140&highlight=

However, the property's website does not contain any corresponding info. Not very well done, I agree...
The press release is not linked on the normal webpage - no information on hyattcentraleurope or hyatt.de either. The iR website is not the information source for a traveller.

And the worst part is, that no information is given to booked guests like ckone.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 6:11 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by ckone501

The Regency Club is closed (DOX bar is offered instead of RC in the evening, DOX restaurant for breakfast), the Spa with Sauna... is closed. About both things I did not get any information before my arrival although it was booked several weeks before. Really disappointed about these both things as I expected to check out the pool and Sauna. And several other things...
bolidng mine

Just to clarify, this is a whirlpool / jacuzzi, not a (lap) pool - according to my information.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - people - a reminder - as stated in the announcement - stop with the commentary on reviews (we may or may not agree with the comments that's up to each of us to decide for ourselves) - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...reads-432.html

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
I just returned from the HR Dusseldorf.
It is really a soft opening, the RC and the Spa are still closed.
The rooms (we were upgraded to a corner room with a great view, I think it was a club deluxe view) are bit small but the bath is relatively big with a bathtub and a separate shower. The toilette is separated but has no washbasin. You have to walk from the toilette to the bathroom to wash your hands afterwards. I don't know if this is because of the corner room, but the layout wasn't really perfect.

Because of the closed RC we got a free choice from the bar menu (Burger, Club sandwich or salad) and alcoholic drinks (beer, wine and sparkling wine) from 6 to 8. Coffee and soft drinks are free the whole day in the DOX bar. We also got free breakfast in the DOX restaurant. But this wasn't offered at check in to us, we had to ask for it. Best you ask the staff at the DOX bar directly, they were really great. They also didn't enforce the "alcoholic drinks only from 6 to 8" rule, so we were able to enjoy two beers more and didn't miss the RC.
Also parking was free, because the bars in the car park weren't working yet.

Totally it is a new nice hotel, but I'm not sure if it is really worth the aimed price range from Euro 200 - 250 per room.

And it is still a construction site, which made our stay a bit different, but maybe you wait until February when the hotel should be finished.

Dong
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Absolutely agree with Dong. One thing that was really bad was the aircondition which didn´t get the room on a comfortable temperature. As I heard from some other guests in the morning in DOX they had the same problem. From design in my eyes there is a door missing that can be slided/closed to seperate the bathroom from the rest of the room from temperature view as is it possible in many other Hyatt hotels. Heard also about issues with the Internet connection which I also had (not Intertouch anymore). Sorry, but these are things that must not happen and need to be tested before. The TV was nice, but when you went through the nice menu to "weather" it showed as "your Top cities" cities in Austria and Switzerland (of course this is not a big issue, but one of these little things that give the Hyatt experience to me). I do not care about the weather in Austria when I stay in Dusseldorf which is about 400 miles away. Was asked for a newspaper at check-in, made my choice, didn´t get anything in the morning. Diamond # was in the reservation, at check-out nothing was recorded....

Honestly this was my first bad experience at a Hyatt (with several not working things). Most of the staff was really nice.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they had to open that early, because they accepted a reservation from a consultant company for an event, maybe their Christmas party, for Friday evening.

We had a really nice and interesting stay, but the problem was the lack of communication, nobody told us beforehand that the spa and the RC were closed, and nobody told us without asking them that we could use the DOX bar instead of the RC.

Once we knew it we had a nice evening in the DOX bar and didn't miss the RC.

The other day we took a look at the construction site of the RC. It is in the 18th floor with a great view over Dusseldorf.
I definitely will stay there again when everything is finished.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:53 pm

We are staying at the HR DUS in a nice corner suite - one of the few already ready but not on sale anymore until Januaey 1st.

We had the same problem with the temperature, the sleeping room and the bath room are both really cold - so we got an extra electric heater.

The second TV and the bose system did not work.

Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful (sometimes to helpful), but the procedures still need a lot of training!

E.g: housekeeping left our door open, after they finished cleaning!

The dox bar was nice and very friendly but I really before the settings of the RC.

We took a look at the Spa - it is very nice - was unclear why the sauna is not operating yet. Treatment rooms look nice, but treatments are pricy.

Big negative point still is missing commuication about the unfinished state and missing services.

Very nice hotel and the price they are targetting at is fairly high.

Last edited by peter42; Dec 19, 2010 at 2:54 pm
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:52 pm

The HR DUS contacted us today about the issues enountered and a very good solution was found!

Very good CS once again by Hyatt! Thanks Nick.^
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:12 pm

any new information about this property (e.g. spa, pool, lounge) ?
planning to stay with my family mid february...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by roland_wa
any new information about this property (e.g. spa, pool, lounge) ?
planning to stay with my family mid february...
They do nt have a pool, just a really big whirlpool.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:32 pm

Absolutely top hotel

Stayed with Goldpassport Suite upgrade in a Regency Suite. I made more than 60 pictures and wrote a german review which can be found on my blog:

Post with pictures about the Regency Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....usseldorf.html

Post with pictures about the hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....seldorf-2.html

Post with pictures about the Regency Club:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....seldorf-3.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.