Community
Wiki Posts
Search

adding a secondary guest

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

adding a secondary guest

I called the hotel front desk to add a secondary guest to my existing reservation, so that she could check in on her own before I arrive.

Then I went to hyatt.com to suddenly find a new second reservation with her name on it, but under the same old confirmation number as mine. I have never done this before, so is this normal?

Also BTW, when she check-in, does she need to refer to my name or her own to pull up the reservation? And does she need a photocopy of my id?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by wlynnw
Also BTW, when she check-in, does she need to refer to my name or her own to pull up the reservation? And does she need a photocopy of my id?
She shouldn't need your ID (or copy of it). I don't know if they'll find the room based on her or your name, but presumably she knows both, so it won't be an issue?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:42 pm

They will find it by either name but if you are Diamond I would have your friend give your name at check-in. If its a paid stay and they check her into the room using her name its going to be hard for you to get credit because the stay is going to default to her name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.