Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 2, 21, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Staying here later this month, curious if anyone has any recent updates on covid protocols, i.e. globalist breakfast, etc. First time trying the property. Worth upgrading?
If standard suites are available this property is very good at Globalist recognition and upgrades. So I wouldnít say a paid upgrade would be worth it.

Breakfast is in the restaurant they sometimes allow it in the room as well. Theyíll let you know at check in.
Old Mar 7, 21, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Staying here later this month, curious if anyone has any recent updates on covid protocols, i.e. globalist breakfast, etc. First time trying the property. Worth upgrading?
I just returned from this hotel today and had a great second stay. For Globalist breakfast, they have a full
menu but no buffet. They removed all charges and gratuity at checkout. I recommend going before 8 am or you will have to wait due to fewer tables with COVID. All of the staff wore masks all of the time. They do have daily housekeeping, which is nice and nonexistent in most easy coast hotels right now. Masks not required in pool/hot tub area. They are operating the shuttle to Old Town with a max of 7(ish) passengers and you have to reserve in advance the morning of.

I did notice that Utah is more lax with masks than where we are from in New England. You will notice many people walking outside with no masks on, and you can belly up to the bar at restaurants with no mask on and no dividers/shields.

We used a suite upgrade certificate and greatly enjoyed the extra space (we had 2 bathrooms) and the washer/dryer were great for washing ski gear before returning home. Itís a great property if
you're going to ski!
Old Mar 8, 21, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by cbw87 View Post
I just returned from this hotel today and had a great second stay. For Globalist breakfast, they have a full
menu but no buffet. They removed all charges and gratuity at checkout. I recommend going before 8 am or you will have to wait due to fewer tables with COVID. All of the staff wore masks all of the time. They do have daily housekeeping, which is nice and nonexistent in most easy coast hotels right now. Masks not required in pool/hot tub area. They are operating the shuttle to Old Town with a max of 7(ish) passengers and you have to reserve in advance the morning of.

I did notice that Utah is more lax with masks than where we are from in New England. You will notice many people walking outside with no masks on, and you can belly up to the bar at restaurants with no mask on and no dividers/shields.

We used a suite upgrade certificate and greatly enjoyed the extra space (we had 2 bathrooms) and the washer/dryer were great for washing ski gear before returning home. Itís a great property if
you're going to ski!
We were there too recently over President's week, I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff was great and rooms are large and nicely kept. It's definitely the nicest Centric in the Hyatt system and one of the nicest ski based hotels that we've been to. We are going back again next year.
Old Mar 4, 22, 6:53 pm

I was looking into booking points stay for the next ski season and noticed that all award stays are nonrefundable.
I presume it has not been this way in the past?
They have really jacked up the required points (35-39k) per this new price surge scheme, and now they're making it nonrefundable too. And if my plans change over the next year and I can't make it, per Hyatt policy I guess they will charge me the rack rate in cash.
Old Mar 4, 22, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post
I was looking into booking points stay for the next ski season and noticed that all award stays are nonrefundable.
They have really jacked up the required points (35-39k) per this new price surge scheme, and now they're making it nonrefundable too. And if my plans change over the next year and I can't make it, per Hyatt policy I guess they will charge me the rack rate in cash.
Yup - in years past, they had like a 30 or 60 day cancellation policy. I think this new policy is partially responsible for this thread being dead for the last year. My family and I really like this place, but we just can't commit like that.
Old Mar 4, 22, 7:12 pm

Not sure what you mean by your statement.

I checked mid-January which is perfect ski-season for Park City and not only did I find Off Peak availability (25k points) I also found the rates do allow cancellation as long as itís 31+ days from the stay meaning Iíd have all the way until December to cancel.

I think you should look a little more into it as we stay here quite often and itís a great property I was actually really surprised to find some off peak days in their busiest season where rates are $500+ just shows itís not all bad.
Old Mar 4, 22, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Not sure what you mean by your statement.

I checked mid-January which is perfect ski-season for Park City and not only did I find Off Peak availability (25k points) I also found the rates do allow cancellation as long as itís 31+ days from the stay meaning Iíd have all the way until December to cancel.

I think you should look a little more into it as we stay here quite often and itís a great property I was actually really surprised to find some off peak days in their busiest season where rates are $500+ just shows itís not all bad.
Thatís weird.
For the dates I looked at, it was all nonrefundable.
look at 1/26-1/29.

Old Mar 4, 22, 9:47 pm

Thatís weird.
For the dates I looked at, it was all nonrefundable.
look at 1/26-1/29.

So I did numerous searches - Any stays taking place between 1/19 and 1/29 have a no cancellation policy, any stays checking prior to 1/19 and after 1/30 (during ski season) have a 30 day cancellation policy. So 1/30-2/3 is 30 days.

Just seems like you picked a bad weekend?

You can confirm for yourself.

This property is largely owned by individuals who rent their rooms/suites out to Escala Lodge throughout the year and use them for 7-10 days (Iím guessing the majority in January) of the year.
Old Mar 4, 22, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), several others
So I did numerous searches - Any stays taking place between 1/19 and 1/29 have a no cancellation policy, any stays checking prior to 1/19 and after 1/30 (during ski season) have a 30 day cancellation policy. So 1/30-2/3 is 30 days.
"Sundance Film Festival 2023. January 19, 2023 - January 29, 2023."
River in Sight likes this.
Old Mar 4, 22, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski View Post
"Sundance Film Festival 2023. January 19, 2023 - January 29, 2023."
Yep, guessed it was something in that exact range because I searched all dates in January and February.
Old Mar 4, 22, 11:51 pm

I see, thanks a lot for researching this!
Old Mar 5, 22, 6:33 am

I've stayed at the property twice now on points bookings that were locked in long in advance over prime times and have another points booking there over Christmas that is nonrefundable as well. The majority of the rooms within the Hyatt Centric are condos owned by an individual which is probably one of the main reasons why bookings are nonrefundable over the prime times, the owners want to make sure they don't get stiffed during those periods. Hyatt really just manages the property for the condo owners.

Aspen had a Hyatt Residence Club for years up through December of last year until the condo owners hired a new property management team. When that property was under the Hyatt umbrella it was very hard to book a points stay over ski season. Same goes with the HRC in Breckenridge and all of the Destinations properties in Vail and Snowmass over prime times.

From my perspective, being very hard to book points stays at condo owned hotels during prime times, I'm just thankful to able to do so at the Hyatt Centric PC since it's such an amazing place to ski and stay. The downside is that your locked in but the risk is worth the reward to me.
Old Mar 6, 22, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Tonyr4 View Post
I've stayed at the property twice now on points bookings that were locked in long in advance over prime times and have another points booking there over Christmas that is nonrefundable as well. The majority of the rooms within the Hyatt Centric are condos owned by an individual which is probably one of the main reasons why bookings are nonrefundable over the prime times, the owners want to make sure they don't get stiffed during those periods. Hyatt really just manages the property for the condo owners.

Aspen had a Hyatt Residence Club for years up through December of last year until the condo owners hired a new property management team. When that property was under the Hyatt umbrella it was very hard to book a points stay over ski season. Same goes with the HRC in Breckenridge and all of the Destinations properties in Vail and Snowmass over prime times.

From my perspective, being very hard to book points stays at condo owned hotels during prime times, I'm just thankful to able to do so at the Hyatt Centric PC since it's such an amazing place to ski and stay. The downside is that your locked in but the risk is worth the reward to me.
I appreciate what you're saying. But for me nonrefundable is really tough. I may still decide to take a chance, but plans can change over 10-11 months and I really treasure my Hyatt points.
Another condo hotel I stay at a lot, Whistler Hilton, always has tons of award inventory available throughout the ski season. So I just think it's whatever scheme the management decides to employ.
Also, to my surprise, even Hyatt Place is nonrefundable for award stays for the nights I was looking at.
Old Mar 6, 22, 3:14 am

I appreciate what you're saying. But for me nonrefundable is really tough. I may still decide to take a chance, but plans can change over 10-11 months and I really treasure my Hyatt points.
Another condo hotel I stay at a lot, Whistler Hilton, always has tons of award inventory available throughout the ski season. So I just think it's whatever scheme the management decides to employ.
Also, to my surprise, even Hyatt Place is nonrefundable for award stays for the nights I was looking at.
Could change your dates itís a pretty small window thatís non refundable.
Old Mar 7, 22, 12:44 am

Could change your dates itís a pretty small window thatís non refundable.
That's what I'm going to have to try to do.
It's hard because there's not a lot of days Jan~March where my work schedule matches up with the kids' non-school days.
Sounds like it's not just this period where this property's nonrefundable. Sounds like they're also nonrefundable during the Holiday season.

Search this Thread