Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 8, 20, 10:23 pm

Thank you again @Matt4200! I see you're in LA too And yeah, I realize it's a trek so breaking up the drive will be most necessary.

What was the mask usage like out of curiosity at property and in town?

We've been to Park City before (during winter season) but never in summer ... so should be fun! Still deciding though between this and a few other places we can get to by car (sigh...lol)
Old Aug 9, 20, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by madderlake View Post
Thank you again @Matt4200! I see you're in LA too And yeah, I realize it's a trek so breaking up the drive will be most necessary.

What was the mask usage like out of curiosity at property and in town?

We've been to Park City before (during winter season) but never in summer ... so should be fun! Still deciding though between this and a few other places we can get to by car (sigh...lol)
Oh yeah, we get free(ish) rooms in Vegas so we usually will stay there a day or two then drive around to AZ or UT.

Mask usage was about 95% just in stores and 5% outside of stores (people walking though town). On property masks are required in common areas aside from the pool.

Definitely beautiful with amazing weather and great pricing right now in Park City.
Old Aug 9, 20, 12:36 pm

@Matt4200 - I forgot to ask, how many nights did you stay most recently?
Old Aug 9, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by madderlake View Post
@Matt4200 - I forgot to ask, how many nights did you stay most recently?
Our last stay was 1 Night in SLC then 3 Nights in Park City.
Old Aug 29, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Was in Park City for a stay at the Lodge at Blue Sky and decided to extend the stay by a couple nights to visit the Hyatt Centric Park City for the first time since they're a new Prive property.

Was notified prior to arrival via the app that we were upgraded to a bi-level one bedroom residence. Housekeeping is offered based on your preference. breakfast is available from the Market for carry out (full menu is available) and valet parking is available like normal, which was comped with the globalist promotion.

Matt4200 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
Was in Park City for a stay at the Lodge at Blue Sky and decided to extend the stay by a couple nights to visit the Hyatt Centric Park City for the first time since they're a new Prive property.
Are they participating in the current (extended) Prive 3 Nights for 2 promo?
Old Oct 1, 20, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer View Post
Are they participating in the current (extended) Prive 3 Nights for 2 promo?
They are new to Prive, but are not participating in the 3rd night free.
Old Jan 10, 21, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Can anyone speak to the ski-in/ski-out here? How close is it to the lift? I assume there’s a ski shop on-site?
Old Jan 10, 21, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
Can anyone speak to the ski-in/ski-out here? How close is it to the lift? I assume there’s a ski shop on-site?
It is truly ski-in/ski-out. You can ski out right from ski valet and ski back to ski valet. The only thing is that Sunrise lift is a slow chair with sole purpose of connecting Escala to main ski slope. You need to take Sunrise to ski to main base and take a sharp right before main base in order to ski back.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jan 11, 21, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Looking at this property now for later in January, cash rates ($500+ per night) have a 24 hour cancel, whereas points rate is fully nonrefundable.

Any comparisons with the Hotel Park City Autograph Collection?
Old Jan 11, 21, 8:51 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Looking at this property now for later in January, cash rates ($500+ per night) have a 24 hour cancel, whereas points rate is fully nonrefundable.

Any comparisons with the Hotel Park City Autograph Collection?
Sure, you can compare them... like comparing steak to fish... or apples to some other fruit. One is ski-in/out, the other is on a highway (well, busy county road) not even walking distance to a ski base. Other than location (for the non-skiers), comparisons can be made.
Old Jan 11, 21, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
Sure, you can compare them... like comparing steak to fish... or apples to some other fruit. One is ski-in/out, the other is on a highway (well, busy county road) not even walking distance to a ski base. Other than location (for the non-skiers), comparisons can be made.
Try again without the snark?
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 11, 21, 9:11 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Try again without the snark?
Sorry, yeah, too snarky.

Other than the rooms both being nicer than the average hotel, no, they can't be compared, apples to oranges. One is all about ski-in/out, the other is just another nice hotel.
Old Jan 11, 21, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PLT; Globalist
I go to the Centric several times a year in the winter. They treat Globalists well and I usually get decent upgrades though all of my stays are typically mid-week and not over holidays.
Ski in/ski out is nice. However, for ski out in the am once you take the Sunrise lift you have to ski short distance to base and then take the gondola or lift up. Without the Sunrise lift, you'd take a two minute shuttle over to the base. Early season the Sunrise lift isn't always operating but it is now.
Old Mar 2, 21, 9:06 pm

Staying here later this month, curious if anyone has any recent updates on covid protocols, i.e. globalist breakfast, etc. First time trying the property. Worth upgrading?

Search this Thread