Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by karung99
It is 10K for 5 nights promo.

Hm? Wouldn't 5k for 5 stays be better value?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
Didn't know Jim Carrey was a Diamond member.
Andy Kaufman!!!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
OK, I was just coming to find this thread...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back FFN in Q1!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
I'll be interested to see what they offer to entice travelers. Business travelers are on the move to pre-housing bust levels. Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt all doing very well financially. I'd be much more confident in predicting a round of FFNs if the economy and stock market were still tanking, but seeing the recent rise in most economic indicators and the stock market gives me a little pause. Hyatt and the rest of the hotel companies may just say, hey, you know, we don't necessarily need you that bad. Dunno, just thinking out loud...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
I'll be interested to see what they offer to entice travelers. Business travelers are on the move to pre-housing bust levels. Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt all doing very well financially. I'd be much more confident in predicting a round of FFNs if the economy and stock market were still tanking, but seeing the recent rise in most economic indicators and the stock market gives me a little pause. Hyatt and the rest of the hotel companies may just say, hey, you know, we don't necessarily need you that bad. Dunno, just thinking out loud...
Oh great -- bring facts and reason into a (rampant) speculation thread.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by karung99
It is 10K for 5 nights promo.
Personally, I've enjoyed the Great 10K promo. I've already earned 10K from it, and will be earning another 30K before the end of the month. Combined with the GP bonus codes, I've earned a healthy amount of points since September.. Not saying that I don't want to see FFN or the other promos that were offered last year. I'd love to stay at the MCI HP for $70, and then get a free night @ the Park Hyatt in Sydney!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
FFN

Just checked out of the HR Dubai - bottom of my bill reads "HGP FFN. Ask the front desk for details." I did and the front desk knew nothing about FFN only the great 10K.

Anyone any further insight?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
My bill from the Andaz last weekend has nothing about FFN.. Maybe this is something for Q1, 2011?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
My bill from the Andaz last weekend has nothing about FFN.. Maybe this is something for Q1, 2011?
Same here -- Andaz 5th Avenue.

Otherwise, I've speculated and made the case in each of these threads. When they were sliding. When they were in the tank. (Is it past tense? Personally, I see more meeting rooms booked, but not much else.) And now that they're on the way back, the case for a double EQ stay promo and FFN:

It's a fact that there are far fewer Diamonds now than there were when the slide began, all those who worry on this board about the boat getting too crowded, notwithstanding. I suggest that now, Hyatt ought to be scooping up market share just like they did the last couple of years when the industry was in the tank, as all those former extreme travelers begin to awaken from hybernation and look around at who will take care of them ...those who couldn't retain or attain status if they wanted to over the last two years, and so weren't paying attention. "Come back!" @:-)

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 2, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:13 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I am eagerly anticipating a FFN in Q1 or Q2 2011.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I am eagerly anticipating a FFN in Q1 or Q2 2011.
I too wish for a FFN in EARLY 2011.....like i said in the end of 2010 when people were complaining for another FFN i have some serious doubts its possible. The Credit card will make a FFN possibly unrealistic until more free nights are redeemed. Hyatt dosn't have endless rooms here people and we all want to redeem the same hotels and i think there gonna issue more CCs than people on here seem to realize. Trust me no one would be happier than me for a FFN early 2011 i have alot of traveling planned and i would love to be able to redeem nights this winter for Beaver Creek and Park City!

I truly think Hyatt is trying to really end FFNs its too rewarding, the economy is picking up, Hyatt occupancy is pretty high systemwide less reason to issue them now, and tons more miles are gonna floating out there courtesy of the Credit card, and people are really finding the cheap hotels and more people are mattress running. I just hope we got one or two more they are really amazing!!

Last edited by SkiUtah; Dec 3, 2010 at 1:02 am
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:08 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CanuckinKL
Just checked out of the HR Dubai - bottom of my bill reads "HGP FFN. Ask the front desk for details." I did and the front desk knew nothing about FFN only the great 10K.

Anyone any further insight?
My thought would be that the HR Dubai has not updated the note printed on their bills in over a year
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Beckles
My thought would be that the HR Dubai has not updated the note printed on their bills in over a year
That was my thought, too.

As for FFN, I'll be happy to see it whenever it comes, but if there's only to be one in 2011, my own preference would be a bit later in the year, as I will have half a dozen free nights from other programs to use up by the end of May.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Beckles
Spoil sport!

Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I too wish for a FFN in EARLY 2011.....like i said in the end of 2010 when people were complaining for another FFN i have some serious doubts its possible. The Credit card will make a FFN possibly unrealistic until more free nights are redeemed. Hyatt dosn't have endless rooms here people and we all want to redeem the same hotels and i think there gonna issue more CCs than people on here seem to realize. Trust me no one would be happier than me for a FFN early 2011 i have alot of traveling planned and i would love to be able to redeem nights this winter for Beaver Creek and Park City!

I truly think Hyatt is trying to really end FFNs its too rewarding, the economy is picking up, Hyatt occupancy is pretty high systemwide less reason to issue them now, and tons more miles are gonna floating out there courtesy of the Credit card, and people are really finding the cheap hotels and more people are mattress running. I just hope we got one or two more they are really amazing!!
Yup, yup. Tell you what, folks, FFNs will do by the wayside eventually (or at least undergo a dramatic reshaping). It's absolutely ridiculous when you spend $120 for two nights at a hyatt place to stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo...even though I did that to the tune of 13 nights It's a golden goose type program, and we know those don't last forever.

I win either way since I bought their stock a while ago. It's doing pretty well right now. They can choose to reward me by offering FFNs or fortifying their financial position by not doing so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.