Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
y'all are addicts! Hooked on Hyatt Promos.
Nope. For me, it's simple.. I'll continue to give Hyatt my business, promo or no promo. They have a solid membership program, excellent recognition of Diamond members, suite upgrades, and great values for redemption's.. I'd love to see a promo, but I'll stay loyal.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Nope. For me, it's simple.. I'll continue to give Hyatt my business, promo or no promo. They have a solid membership program, excellent recognition of Diamond members, suite upgrades, and great values for redemption's.. I'd love to see a promo, but I'll stay loyal.
That's what I am talking about, pick a program, or two, stay loyal, if there is a promo great, if not, then it is what it is.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
You are correct...the Hyatt Westlake has a G Bonus....the only one in the Western United States.

With your level of enthusiasm you should be in Haiti handing out crackers and telling the starving people it is a 5 course meal.
I would caution not to make unkind remarks about Haiti. I have worked in Haiti and yes people have a need and are poor but they have a lot of pride in them.

Appearently, you have never traveled there to help. why don't you go there and do some relief work and learn a bit about it before making such comments.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It's quite simple for me:

I am Diamond with Hyatt, Gold (for whatever reason... they really should have demoted me today) with Hilton, Platinum with IHG and nobody (Preferred Plus) with SPG. If I stay with Hyatt, I can take advantage of my benefits, which in many cases outweigh the benefits of currently ongoing promos with other chains. And since virtually all my stays are self-funded, I really need to focus on one program to have a decent chances of actually retaining any status (except PC/IHG where I "earned" Platinum with two HIX stays last year).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Looking forward to the promo. Same with others, I'll stay with Hyatt with or without promo. However, if the PR guys have promised a March 1st promotion, I'm disappointed they are against their word with no news whatsoever. That's disappointing.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peachy3
Looking forward to the promo. Same with others, I'll stay with Hyatt with or without promo. However, if the PR guys have promised a March 1st promotion, I'm disappointed they are against their word with no news whatsoever. That's disappointing.
Did they actually ever state March 1 here or on FB, or is that simply a date that we have talked ourselves into?

See eg http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15685271-post295.html
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Have to book 3 business trips this week. Been holding off
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:57 pm

When BWB started last year, it was at the end of the month and we had to wait a week or two for it to start. I guess I'll just prepare myself for that.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
can hyatt be prosecuted in the hague for human rights violations for this?
a promotion is surely a basic human right
its a disgrace i tell you
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
can hyatt be prosecuted in the hague for human rights violations for this?
a promotion is surely a basic human right
its a disgrace i tell you

It's a hotel promo, not a matter of life and death.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something

It's a hotel promo, not a matter of life and death.
for most human beings i would agree, but not for us fters... its way much more important than life or death
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:42 am
Suspended

No that is a date people talked themselves into on here. It probably wont start for a time after its announced anyway. The wait is almost over im sure we will hear something soon it is march already im sure it wont be too much longer
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
My apologies then. I thought it was a date that was pre-announced =)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:15 am

My apologies then. I thought it was a date that was pre-announced =)
Well, on Jan 14, Feb 17 and Feb 23 FTers reported this date was given to them by GP reps and PL reps.

While we all acknowledge that these reps sometimes do not have the right information, I think we are justified to believe what they say until they have been proven wrong. Oh look, it is March 2nd, and nada.

I have 2 stays for 6 nights starting next Monday. No promo, No G bonus, no warm family vacation this winter. Boo!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Hawt1
I have 2 stays for 6 nights starting next Monday. No promo, No G bonus, no warm family vacation this winter. Boo!
I don`t see what the big deal is- the promotion, if there is one, will likely take some time to be announced. If I recall correctly, they often do not start on the first of the month.

Also, it`s probably best to not to have high expectations this year. If there is a promo, it probably won`t be a give away (FFN type, etc...) promotion- maybe extra bonus points or something like that.

Re G bonuses: these are ongoing and are property specific, so whether or not particular properties are running G bonuses has nothing to do with a chain wide promotion.

+1, I agree. Promotions are nice, but even without them GP is a very generous program. For me, the status recognition and upgrades are most important.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Mar 2, 2011 at 7:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.