Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on Promos for 2011[FFN etc.]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Love all the speculations! We'll see what promotions they'll end up with
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:33 pm

Where are the offers? Is anyone home?

I must say that I can't figure Hyatt out. I checked them out last year after previously splitting my considerable hotel time between Marriott and Hilton brands. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms and overall guest experience seemed better than I expected. I achieved diamond status through a promotion and decided, all things being equal, Hyatt was my new brand.............

But all things are NOT equal. Not even close. Marriott and Hilton have reasonable promotions going. Just cricket sounds from Hyatt.

I'm not really interested in hunting property by property for small time deals. I've been waiting for a blockbuster but hearing nothing.

Is it typical for Hyatt to run hot and cold on their promotions like this?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No. Last year was the atypical year to get people hooked on the program It worked. Unfortunately, those people are also expecting continuous rich promotions.

We're normal now on the promo front. There usually aren't any starting in Feb and one would be expected in the fall.

As well, because of all the rich promos early last year, we didn't even get a fall promo.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
March 2011. Possibly?

Just got off the phone with the Diamond Gold Passport desk adjusting award reservation. Asked if anything coming up. Told straight away beginning of March but agents not yet told what type of promo.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Just got off the phone with the Diamond Gold Passport desk adjusting award reservation. Asked if anything coming up. Told straight away beginning of March but agents not yet told what type of promo.
Yup, that goes along with what they're saying on Facebook. If this promo is going to start at the beginning of March, hopefully we'll hear something next week.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by kenbo
Yup, that goes along with what they're saying on Facebook. If this promo is going to start at the beginning of March, hopefully we'll hear something next week.
I'm waiting....waiting.....
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:21 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
One interesting aspect to this coming promo is the disapperance of all the other Gx Bonuses at the end of February, so I hope the promo is actually good.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
One interesting aspect to this coming promo is the disapperance of all the other Gx Bonuses at the end of February, so I hope the promo is actually good.
Isn't that standard procedure with Gx, i.e., they tend to end and then new ones get posted? Or is the new part that they all end at the same time?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Real promo?

Are they offering a real promo (get nights free, more points free, etc.) or another announcement for G promos. G promos is nothing new - they offer that at the start of every few months.

I am hoping for something better!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
If my luck holds, it will include a bonus for new credit card applicants after 3/1. Of course, i just received my card last Friday...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
If my luck holds, it will include a bonus for new credit card applicants after 3/1. Of course, i just received my card last Friday...
right, mine is in the mail ... that sort of is the current company-wide promo, open an acct, pay $75 fee, get 2 nights

but a couple hundred extra point from using the card doesn't compete with a G2 bonus or a 5k every other stay or a stack of both
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Isn't that standard procedure with Gx, i.e., they tend to end and then new ones get posted? Or is the new part that they all end at the same time?
I think in the past most, if not all, ended at the same time but there may have been pre-listed bonuses. These pre-listed bonuses would follow up the ones that are expiring. The only difference is now we don't have the list that shows all the bonuses by property.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Anyone think we'll get a FFN? My guess is no.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15747994-post319.html
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
me either....will not be a FFN..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.