Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing: Grand or Park?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I think I know already, but to confirm - PH or GH? First time in PEK, only two nights, will be mostly busy so won't be able to use lounge during happy hours. Prefer full breakfast to lounge breakfast and want to use suite upgrade. So - PH or GH?
Park for sure.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:12 am

I'm staying in GH Beijing. Fabulous place

The location is definitely much better than PH. You can walk to Wangfujing, the famous pedestrian shopping district, as well as to Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square. Using my diamond suite upgrade cert., I got a huge "grand suite". And the Grand Club is amazing.

Too bad I'm just here by myself... I'd be happy to invite anyone who is currently traveling in Beijing to come have drinks with me in the Grand Club (courtesy of Hyatt!!!). Just PM me...
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by atl475
The location is definitely much better than PH. You can walk to Wangfujing, the famous pedestrian shopping district, as well as to Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square. Using my diamond suite upgrade cert., I got a huge "grand suite". And the Grand Club is amazing.

Too bad I'm just here by myself... I'd be happy to invite anyone who is currently traveling in Beijing to come have drinks with me in the Grand Club (courtesy of Hyatt!!!). Just PM me...
There is much more to Beijing than tourist traps. While the PH is in the CBD (boring), thanks to Line 10, you can access some really interesting places from it.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
The Park Beijing is likely the best hotel I have stayed at.

In many ways it beats PH Tokyo and in most (minus the location) beats the PH Shanghai
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just booked a trip to Thailand in November with a three-night stopover in Beijing (we would have two full days in Beijing). Mostly a sightseeing excursion in Beijing, probably a day for the central sights and a day for the Great Wall.

Curious what recent feedback on these two hotels is like... I love the Park Hyatt experience (we just got back from Tokyo), but I've heard the service at PH Beijing is a bit hit-and-miss.

The Grand Hyatt location seems ideal for a short stay, but I suppose a five-stop subway ride to Tiananmen shouldn't be a deal-breaker either. And of course the GH lounge is persuasive (we will be in town for three happy hours, but only two breakfasts).

I will shoot for C&P with DSU for either one.

So.. for the veterans out there:
- There's a lot of buzz about the cool stuff accessible near the PH, but is a 48-hour first-time tourist schedule going to give us time to take advantage of it?
- Considering we are going to spend minimal time in the hotel, it seems like the GH makes the most sense... unless the PH service, rooms, and breakfast are really that much better?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Does anyone have experience with these hotels for the Twin rooms? Based off the photos, I prefer the style of the PH but it also appears that the main room and the bathroom are both open. I am planning to visit Beijing with a friend so we need 2 beds and bathroom not open to the sleeping area. Is there a large sliding door for privacy?

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The GH has a few nice 2bedroom suites if you can get one.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
Does anyone have experience with these hotels for the Twin rooms? Based off the photos, I prefer the style of the PH but it also appears that the main room and the bathroom are both open. I am planning to visit Beijing with a friend so we need 2 beds and bathroom not open to the sleeping area. Is there a large sliding door for privacy?

Thanks!
Based on my memory and the room that I had, the bathroom can be closed off. In addition, there is also a separate toilet that you can close the door to. But it is off the bathroom vs. the bedroom.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by RTW1
The GH has a few nice 2bedroom suites if you can get one.
I got one of those last year when I stayed there. Loved the hotel. Chose it due to location. I don't think I'll go back to Beijing or I'd give the PH a try.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:02 pm

Any updated opinions on GH vs PH in Beijing? I will only be there for 2 nights so I am thinking GH would be better since it is closer to the site seeing locations.

Anyone stayed at both of these properties in the last few months?

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
I greatly prefer the GH. Beautiful pool and spa, excellent location, fantastic restaurant ("Made in China").
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:05 pm

I prefer the park by a long shot, but will stear clear until the gym renovation is complete.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by awaite01
Any updated opinions on GH vs PH in Beijing? I will only be there for 2 nights so I am thinking GH would be better since it is closer to the site seeing locations.

Anyone stayed at both of these properties in the last few months?

Thanks!
Was at the GH few months ago and would recommend the GH and in a club ESP for such a short stay
But this is not a luxury property ( but a good solid 5 star ) if compared to the more intimate PH.... Reasons : location :for tourism activities convenience and newer renovations ( but pathetic tiny bathrooms )
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Park Hyatt by a mile...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Was at the GH few months ago and would recommend the GH and in a club ESP for such a short stay
But this is not a luxury property ( but a good solid 5 star ) if compared to the more intimate PH.... Reasons : location :for tourism activities convenience and newer renovations ( but pathetic tiny bathrooms )
Thank you. I am leaning towards GH based ONLY on the location and since I will only be there less than 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.