Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello travelismylife!

At this time, we do not have a new offer following the expiration of the current Platinum and Diamond Trials on 10/31/14.

Thanks!

Sarah
I'm willing to bet that some challenge / status matching will be offerred.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:20 am

No More Diamond challenges

http://upgrd.com/thetripsherpa/break...hallenges.html
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Until it is in writing directly from Hyatt, this can only be viewed as a rumour.

As a business decision I am sure they have something in the works, it may be just different to what has been offered in the past, but to have nothing at all would put them behind pretty much every other chain who does have some sort of status match, or challenge.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by file51
Until it is in writing directly from Hyatt, this can only be viewed as a rumour.
Exactly, although GP has a tendency to inform the blogs first.
But I feel some communication about next years rules (not specifically the rules for challenges) is long overdue. It's a bit pathetic in my opinion that we still need to speculate about the fate of things like MER and the limiting of P+C availability this late in the year.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by file51
It is directly in writing from Hyatt.

Write to Gold Passport if you want to see writing from Gold Passport for yourself.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It is directly in writing from Hyatt.

Write to Gold Passport if you want to see writing from Gold Passport for yourself.
Obviously you are missing something... The only official statement Hyatt have made, as per the same announcement EVERY year for the past 3-4 years, is the program will end on 10/31

Then, usually within days, or in the case of a few years ago, a week, a new challenge was announced.

So, as per previous, until they state there will be no status matching, no challenge of any sort it is all speculation.

From what I have heard, and this is not pure speculation, there will be something, but perhaps not like what we have become accustomed to.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
I believe I read in an earlier post that once you complete the challenge Hyatt will reward you with an additional 4 DSU for a total of 8 DSU. As i just completed the challenge I only have 4 months before my DSU expire. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
I believe I read in an earlier post that once you complete the challenge Hyatt will reward you with an additional 4 DSU for a total of 8 DSU. As i just completed the challenge I only have 4 months before my DSU expire. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're wrong.

You get the next four DSUs at the beginning of March, like every other Diamond (assuming Hyatt doesn't change that too)
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
I believe it was the Points Guy who made that mistake. Too busy pimping credit cards to fact check...

As mentioned, you get 4 more DSUs like everybody else if you are still Diamond in February 2015.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Sent in Oct 31 at 9 pm, but got the reply below on November 2...

=================================

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I am sorry to inform you that, the Diamond Trial offer has expired and so we would be unable to process your request. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Global Contact Centre

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 5, 2014 at 10:34 am
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for clearing that up. It did sound too good to be true. I should be diamond until 2016. Look forward to getting 4 more DSU
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:55 am

Any updates on weather we will Diamond challenge again? I was planning to start next month as i have few stays lined up
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Any updates on weather we will Diamond challenge again? I was planning to start next month as i have few stays lined up
This ended last month. Sorry.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Phew! Registered on 10/28 and very glad I did. I'll have to mattress run about 4 nights by the end of the year to get Diamond, but I'll do it.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Phew! Registered on 10/28 and very glad I did. I'll have to mattress run about 4 nights by the end of the year to get Diamond, but I'll do it.
NOT by the end of the year! Exactly 60 days after you registered, which I believe is December 27th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.