Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yep... Not much flexibility in the night definition . 12 nights is what it takes to complete the challenge succesfully, doesn't matter how many stays you need.
I am confused on nights versus stays. The challenge says 12 nights but also says back to back nights are considered one stay. If I stay 12 nights in a row at the same hotel then have I completed the challenge?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by houstr8male
I am confused on nights versus stays. The challenge says 12 nights but also says back to back nights are considered one stay. If I stay 12 nights in a row at the same hotel then have I completed the challenge?
Yes.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A Diamond Challenge, especially during the current challenge makes good sense, if you can do the stays for a reasonable price. Do the 12 nights now, and you'll get 2 free nights at category 1-4 hotels, or 15k in hotel points. Do 15 nights, and you'll get 30k points.

I try to find stays that are $80 or less per night. Add in the 1000 Diamond amenity points, breakfast, and other spiffs, and it adds up.

If you can find a cheap full service property, and do 20 separate stays to max the bonus out, you'd get 20k in Diamond bonuses, plus 50k in points, plus 300-400 points per stay, so say 80k points. If you value points at 1.5 cpp, that'd be worth about $1200. Find a property with $50 a night stays, and you'd basically break even, and have the 8 suite upgrades, diamond status for a year.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
My Elite Rate and Points + Cash are not exclusive to diamonds. The former is also available to platinums (which you can get with just the Hyatt CC) and the latter is available to all GP members.

But I do think Diamond status is roughly worth at least $1250 (minimum of $250 for the free breakfasts, $750 for confirmed suite upgrades, and $250 for standard room upgrades).
The trump here are DSUs on the P and C, and elite rates.. which the Platinum members are not able to do. Obviously, the stay credit for P and C and DSU reservations is a game changer.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

So just confirming for peace of mind before accepting the challenge, this is not a once per lifetime ordeal, correct? This is instead a once per promotion (current promotion between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014) challenge, yes?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nrdk
So just confirming for peace of mind before accepting the challenge, this is not a once per lifetime ordeal, correct? This is instead a once per promotion (current promotion between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014) challenge, yes?
Correct. How many times Hyatt allows you to conduct a challenge.. YMMV.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I emailed HGP on November 18 with the proof of my Hilton Goldness. Challenge kicked in on November 20, and on November 21 I checked in to the Hyatt Regency Boston (was upgraded to a suite too, without a voucher). On January 15-17 I stayed at Hyatt Park Ararat Moscow (surprisingly cheap) and completed the Diamond Challenge. The points have now posted and my account says Diamond until 28 February 2015. Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Congrats!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Can you back-date the start of the challenge? I'll have 7 nights at Hyatt's by the end of the week since January 6th and if I'm going to do this challenge it seems silly to let those 7 nights go to waste if I can count them toward the 12 and just need 5 more over the next 60 days
Old Jan 19, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Can you back-date the start of the challenge? I'll have 7 nights at Hyatt's by the end of the week since January 6th and if I'm going to do this challenge it seems silly to let those 7 nights go to waste if I can count them toward the 12 and just need 5 more over the next 60 days
Why not start the challenge NOW before the end of the week?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:19 pm

While you have the Diamond Trial can you get Platinum M Life?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by binnycode
While you have the Diamond Trial can you get Platinum M Life?
Further along those lines, can you use your Hyatt diamond status to get elite status on the other hotel chains?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Further along those lines, can you use your Hyatt diamond status to get elite status on the other hotel chains?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:20 pm

The issue I think we were trying to get at is can we status match with temporary platinum from Hyatt.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by binnycode
The issue I think we were trying to get at is can we status match with temporary platinum from Hyatt.
I thought about this, but wondered why no one else talks about it. Too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.