Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
I'm not sure if I would be able to make the challenge, so having the 4 suites, reset, another 4 suites makes more sense for me.

I've read previously in this thread (or another thread), that the challenge is reset in June (they will allow you try another challenge). No idea if this is valid or not.
When a new Challenge offer is out (you can tell by the expiry date changing), you shall be able to ask for another Challenge. IIRC around June 1.

Once a lifetime was an assumption. The T and C reads one tier trial offer per member which could read once per lifetime, but there has been success reported multiple Challenges granted.

In my opinion, this format is better than having members status matched each year without giving Hyatt business.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
When a new Challenge offer is out (you can tell by the expiry date changing), you shall be able to ask for another Challenge.

Once a lifetime was an assumption. The T and C reads one tier trial offer per member which could read once per lifetime, but there has been success reported multiple Challenges granted.

In my opinion, this format is better than having members status matched each year without giving Hyatt business.
What do you mean by the expiry date changing?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
What do you mean by the expiry date changing?
Current offer on a successful Challenge would have you a Diamond Member expiry February 28, 2015. When a new Diamond Challenge offer comes out the Diamond Membership expiry. i.e. February 28, 2016 (or February 29, 2016 being a leap year).. will change (assuming successful completion). Indication that you shall have the ability to apply for the Challenge again.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jan 5, 2014 at 6:12 pm Reason: Clarification ()
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
That's assuming a Diamond Challenge is completed.

Signing up right now, completion of a Challenge is not required. The suite upgrades will appear and you can book up to 56 nights in suites without having to complete the Challenge within 60 days.
If you're booking 56 nights, then you will get Diamond status...
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're booking 56 nights, then you will get Diamond status...
Assuming minimum 50 nights booked on/before or after December 31st, 2014 and stays completed. All 50 nights posted to a single calendar year.

You can for example, not qualify for the Challenge, complete 49 nights or less by end of the year.. complete between 7 nights and 49 nights on January 1st, 2015 or after .. all in a suite using these DSUs for a best case scenario total of 56 nights.. and still not qualify for Diamond.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jan 7, 2014 at 2:29 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Are you serious? You can't even read the brief wiki at the top of the thread?
Whoops! Sorry. Don't know how I missed that! Too many cocktails I think.

Too bad SPG Gold doesn't qualify.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
To add for the OP, the Diamond Suite upgrade certs are good for up to 7 nights in one stay. For extended stays past 7 nights, additional certificate(s) can be used.. and as a Diamond Member you receive 4 DSUs when you start the Challenge. If OP begins the Challenge now, he will have the opportunity to apply 4 suite upgrades now, and receive another set of 4 suite upgrades March 1st, 2014. You can reserve suites now, but for reservations made after February 28, 2014 with the current set of Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates, no changes can be made to those reservations on and after March 1st without the certificate automatically expiring.

So up to 56 nights in a suite if signing up for the Diamond Challenge now.

Sometimes hotels upgrade the category suite, but for the purposes of HGP, only the entry level category suite can be guaranteed booked, which is a nice feature of the HGP program.
So, just to confirm my understanding (as I don't see this addressed in the wiki):

(1) I can use my 2 current upgrade certs (exp. Feb 2014) on reservations that begin past that date, i.e. Dec 2014

(2) Since I completed my Diamond challenge in Oct 2013, I will receive 4 new upgrade certs on March 1, 2014

(3) I cannot use any of the soon-to-be-deposited upgrade certs before they appear in my account
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Yes, yes, and yes (in that order).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
So, just to confirm my understanding (as I don't see this addressed in the wiki):

(1) I can use my 2 current upgrade certs (exp. Feb 2014) on reservations that begin past that date, i.e. Dec 2014

(2) Since I completed my Diamond challenge in Oct 2013, I will receive 4 new upgrade certs on March 1, 2014

(3) I cannot use any of the soon-to-be-deposited upgrade certs before they appear in my account
(1) Yes - please note, after February 28, 2014 .. No changes allowed on suite reservation using Diamond suite upgrade that is expiring. Any changes will result in you losing the certificate.

(2) Yes - if you make a reservation with those new certificates, you can make changes until the expiry date.

(3) I have made reservations with anticipation of suite upgrades appearing in account. HGP just asks that once your new suite upgrades appear in your account, to call in and have them applied to the reservation. As long as you've qualified Diamond for the following year and you will receive new DSUs, HGP will book.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Hyatt Diamond Challenge Still Alive?

I'm familiar with the easy way to get 60 days of Diamond---get the Hilton HHonors Gold status via a credit card, then apply for a status match.

However, I've heard that recently Hyatt has been requesting proof of recent stays at Hilton properties. Presumably, they're trying to close this loophole, and only give allow "real" HHonors Gold members to participate in the Challenge.

I don't have any recent stays at Hilton properties, and I only have 4 at Marriott. Can anyone suggest a way of getting Hyatt Diamond?

I'd like Diamond status to (hopefully) get a suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Seattle during a five day trip (which I'll be funding with my CSP and Freedom signup bonuses).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Sending your question over to the Hyatt forum. Hopefully you'll receive some guidance there.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:32 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13
I'm familiar with the easy way to get 60 days of Diamond---get the Hilton HHonors Gold status via a credit card, then apply for a status match.

However, I've heard that recently Hyatt has been requesting proof of recent stays at Hilton properties. Presumably, they're trying to close this loophole, and only give allow "real" HHonors Gold members to participate in the Challenge.

I don't have any recent stays at Hilton properties, and I only have 4 at Marriott. Can anyone suggest a way of getting Hyatt Diamond?

I'd like Diamond status to (hopefully) get a suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Seattle during a five day trip (which I'll be funding with my CSP and Freedom signup bonuses).
check this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...n-11-10-a.html

ZH
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:50 pm

Well, at least you're being honest.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:09 pm

Will points and cash stays count as qualifying stays for the challenge?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Will points and cash stays count as qualifying stays for the challenge?
Yes

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22080428-post999.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.