Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm trying to pull out all the stops to impress my girlfriend this year and want to get us a nice room at a Grand Hyatt in April. I'm going to start the Diamond Trial around that time and I understand that you get 4 free suite upgrades. How exactly does that work? Is it an email certificate that you get the day your Trial is initiated? If I start the Trial a few days before my trip, will that be enough time to get the Suite upgrade perk? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
I'm trying to pull out all the stops to impress my girlfriend this year and want to get us a nice room at a Grand Hyatt in April. I'm going to start the Diamond Trial around that time and I understand that you get 4 free suite upgrades. How exactly does that work? Is it an email certificate that you get the day your Trial is initiated? If I start the Trial a few days before my trip, will that be enough time to get the Suite upgrade perk? Thanks for any clarification you can provide.
Suite availability is scarce at GHK and its in the Garden Suite category. The property does often try and upgrade its Diamond members at check-in to the deluxe ocean categories, even in the case of sell outs.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Suite availability is scarce at GHK and its in the Garden Suite category. The property does often try and upgrade its Diamond members at check-in to the deluxe ocean categories, even in the case of sell outs.
Huh?

I don't see any mention of GHK from this member, only "A GH". I didn't see a recent post from him/her, either.

In general, suite upgrades vary greatly depending on the property. Some have availability all the time, others seem almost never to be available. You might look for suite availability on the dates you want, as this will give you some indication.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
THanks. I just looked at photos of the suites and I think it may be a bit overkill for our trip. It's just two of us. Why would we want a suite that has tables, wet bar, and all that stuff for an intimate trip? I liked the smaller rooms. Can I save the suite certificates for later or do they expire within a year (what if I'm no longer a Diamond member, do they still work for Platinums?)?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I was assuming GHK..

Diamond Suite Upgrades are good for entry level one bedroom suites only. Once you've been upgraded to Diamond Status, you can call HGP for availability. We've been travelling pretty much suites only for 11 years, even as a couple with no kids. Its nice having that extra living space and makes the trip extra special.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was assuming GHK..
And what happens when you assume? GIGO.

I've stayed at 10+ different Grand Hyatts over the years, and would not assume a random GH would even be one I had stayed at, if not referenced specifically.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

THanks. I just looked at photos of the suites and I think it may be a bit overkill for our trip. It's just two of us. Why would we want a suite that has tables, wet bar, and all that stuff for an intimate trip? I liked the smaller rooms. Can I save the suite certificates for later or do they expire within a year (what if I'm no longer a Diamond member, do they still work for Platinums?)?
Diamond certs are issued when you start the challenge, and on March 1st, if you've requalified. If issued now, I think they'd expire Feb 28th. You can use them for reservations after that date, but it needs to be applied to the stay before March 1st.

People have seemed to keep the upgrade certs, even if downgraded.

Suites can be quite nice, and since you're not paying extra, why not? I had a nice suite with a full kitchen, last week. Instead of paying $700 a night, I paid $185.

Many locations include lounge or breakfast, too. I'd read the reviews of the property in the Hyatt thread, as all suites are not equal. I've had 50sm suites that weren't worth the trouble, and 160sm suites that was almost like having a whole house to yourself.

Most people are happy to give recommendations.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Diamond certs are issued when you start the challenge, and on March 1st, if you've requalified. If issued now, I think they'd expire Feb 28th. You can use them for reservations after that date, but it needs to be applied to the stay before March 1st.

People have seemed to keep the upgrade certs, even if downgraded.

Suites can be quite nice, and since you're not paying extra, why not? I had a nice suite with a full kitchen, last week. Instead of paying $700 a night, I paid $185.

Many locations include lounge or breakfast, too. I'd read the reviews of the property in the Hyatt thread, as all suites are not equal. I've had 50sm suites that weren't worth the trouble, and 160sm suites that was almost like having a whole house to yourself.

Most people are happy to give recommendations.
To add for the OP, the Diamond Suite upgrade certs are good for up to 7 nights in one stay. For extended stays past 7 nights, additional certificate(s) can be used.. and as a Diamond Member you receive 4 DSUs when you start the Challenge. If OP begins the Challenge now, he will have the opportunity to apply 4 suite upgrades now, and receive another set of 4 suite upgrades March 1st, 2014. You can reserve suites now, but for reservations made after February 28, 2014 with the current set of Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates, no changes can be made to those reservations on and after March 1st without the certificate automatically expiring.

So up to 56 nights in a suite if signing up for the Diamond Challenge now.

Sometimes hotels upgrade the category suite, but for the purposes of HGP, only the entry level category suite can be guaranteed booked, which is a nice feature of the HGP program.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
To add for the OP, the Diamond Suite upgrade certs are good for up to 7 nights in one stay. For extended stays past 7 nights, additional certificate(s) can be used.. and as a Diamond Member you receive 4 DSUs when you start the Challenge. If OP begins the Challenge now, he will have the opportunity to apply 4 suite upgrades now, and receive another set of 4 suite upgrades March 1st, 2014. You can reserve suites now, but for reservations made after February 28, 2014 with the current set of Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates, no changes can be made to those reservations on and after March 1st without the certificate automatically expiring.

So up to 56 nights in a suite if signing up for the Diamond Challenge now.

Sometimes hotels upgrade the category suite, but for the purposes of HGP, only the entry level category suite can be guaranteed booked, which is a nice feature of the HGP program.
Very informative post, as I don't have a full grasp of the Hyatt program. It would seem, then, that it is very advantageous to get the match prior to the "reset" date at the end of February. Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Very informative post, as I don't have a full grasp of the Hyatt program. It would seem, then, that it is very advantageous to get the match prior to the "reset" date at the end of February. Thank you.
The disadvantage of this timing would be that the Diamond status would only last until February 2015, whereas doing so in the middle of the year may extend that status until February 2016 (which would also result in 8 suite upgrade certs total)

Of course, this wouldn't matter if you intend on extending Diamond status via regular qualification going forward.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The disadvantage of this timing would be that the Diamond status would only last until February 2015, whereas doing so in the middle of the year may extend that status until February 2016 (which would also result in 8 suite upgrade certs total)

Of course, this wouldn't matter if you intend on extending Diamond status via regular qualification going forward.
That's assuming a Diamond Challenge is completed.

Signing up right now, completion of a Challenge is not required. The suite upgrades will appear and you can book up to 56 nights in suites without having to complete the Challenge within 60 days.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
That's assuming a Diamond Challenge is completed.

Signing up right now, completion of a Challenge is not required. The suite upgrades will appear and you can book up to 56 nights in suites without having to complete the Challenge within 60 days.
I'm not sure if I would be able to make the challenge, so having the 4 suites, reset, another 4 suites makes more sense for me.

I've read previously in this thread (or another thread), that the challenge is reset in June (they will allow you try another challenge). No idea if this is valid or not.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:42 pm

Sorry, incredibly long thread and I can't read it all.

I am currently SPG Gold with 10 stays and 21 nights since joining mid 2013.

Would I qualify for the Hyatt challenge? SPG does not seem to want my business.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peano
Sorry, incredibly long thread and I can't read it all.

I am currently SPG Gold with 10 stays and 21 nights since joining mid 2013.

Would I qualify for the Hyatt challenge? SPG does not seem to want my business.
Are you serious? You can't even read the brief wiki at the top of the thread?

Originally Posted by WIKI ABOVE
The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trail [sic] Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Are you serious? You can't even read the brief wiki at the top of the thread?
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.