Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:05 pm

What do arrival/welcome letters at park hyatt stays typically say?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I would wait until July 1st, 2014 to begin the Challenge. Successful completion will give you Diamond status until February 28, 2016, if promos run the course as last year. You will receive another set of suite upgrade certs March 1st, 2015.

Successful Challenge today would give you Diamond Status until February 28, 2015. You'll receive another set of suite upgrade certs March 1st, 2014, but only gives you a couple of months with the current Suite upgrade certs. All above assumes successful Challenge
That seems like foolish advice. June 1st or later is the standard date a challenge needs to start by, so that, if completed, it's valid until the end of February 2 years later.

Oh, and 2016 is a leap year, so February 29th would be the expiration for that year.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
What do arrival/welcome letters at park hyatt stays typically say?
Uh,
Welcome,
Mr/Mrs/Ms Hotel Guest,
We hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Hotel Manager

(I don't think your post belongs in the forum, since it doesn't have anything to do with the Diamond Challenge)
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
That seems like foolish advice. June 1st or later is the standard date a challenge needs to start by, so that, if completed, it's valid until the end of February 2 years later.

Oh, and 2016 is a leap year, so February 29th would be the expiration for that year.
OPs stay is in July.. thus I made mention for July.

The Fairmont program didn't recognize the leap year the last time out and certificates were not extended to the February 29th date. February 29th is an assumption for the Hyatt program, as is February 28th..
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
My apologies if this was already covered, but I didn't find anything with searches.

For the Diamond trial, do multiple room bookings count towards the 12 night requirement? I plan to book 3 rooms at the same property for 4 nights each during the trial with cash and points.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

So, I have a bunch of nights/stays planned starting July 5, 2014. Could I start this challenge from July 1st, 2014? The wiki only notes through April 2014 ...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
My apologies if this was already covered, but I didn't find anything with searches.

For the Diamond trial, do multiple room bookings count towards the 12 night requirement? I plan to book 3 rooms at the same property for 4 nights each during the trial with cash and points.
Overlapping nights will only count as one night. In other words, whether you book 1 room or 100 rooms on the same night, for the purposes of GHP Diamond Challenge, you will be credited for one night. It doesn't matter if its one hotel or multiple hotels, it will still count as one night.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Overlapping nights will only count as one night. In other words, whether you book 1 room or 100 rooms on the same night, for the purposes of GHP Diamond Challenge, you will be credited for one night. It doesn't matter if its one hotel or multiple hotels, it will still count as one night.
Oh that's unfortunate, but good to know for planning purposes. Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joetro
So, I have a bunch of nights/stays planned starting July 5, 2014. Could I start this challenge from July 1st, 2014? The wiki only notes through April 2014 ...
There will likely be another challenge period next year as this has been going for quite some while, but it's not guaranteed (see other chains getting rid of matches and even challenges).
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:15 pm

I'm seeing conflicting things re: recent activity in the matching program. I have Hilton Gold and my only recent stays are award stays. Will they not accept that for a Diamond match?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I'm seeing conflicting things re: recent activity in the matching program. I have Hilton Gold and my only recent stays are award stays. Will they not accept that for a Diamond match?
Well, you need one stay in the last 12 months. If you can find a page that shows your status and such a recent stay (without any notation of it being an award stay), you should be fine. If it clearly indicates that the stay is an award stay, I don't know if anyone (aside from Gold Passport Concierge who you might try PMing) knows the answer to this, as the general advice to someone without status is to sign up for a Hilton credit card to get Gold and stay one (paid) night.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:12 pm

I recently started my Hyatt challenge because I had a bunch of nights coming up. I see that I have 4 award certificates now and that once I complete the challenge my status will be extended to 2/2015. Would I get another set of award certificates in 3/2014 or just the 4 I already have now?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
What has been some recent changes to competitor programs? Unfortunate, but seems Hyatt is following course closely to what other competitors are doing (ie cash and points, suite upgrades, tiered free nights, etc).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by dailow
I recently started my Hyatt challenge because I had a bunch of nights coming up. I see that I have 4 award certificates now and that once I complete the challenge my status will be extended to 2/2015. Would I get another set of award certificates in 3/2014 or just the 4 I already have now?
You get 4 more on 3/1/14. The current ones must be applied to a reservation by 2/28/14 (but the reservation can be for after that date).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
You get 4 more on 3/1/14. The current ones must be applied to a reservation by 2/28/14 (but the reservation can be for after that date).
The current suite upgrades after 2/28/14, if applied on a reservation that occurs after 2/28/14, note no changes are possible on those award stays without relinquishing the suite upgrade(s) applied to the reservation. The fact that suite upgrades can be used after the expiry is a nice feature, but note the restrictions. Be absolutely sure the reservations is how you want it by 2/28/14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.