Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Skyjacked
Plan:

Start Hyatt Diamond Challenge (1) in January 2014
- Use the diamond benefits for my award stay at Andaz Maui in February
- Book Cash & Points nights (after Jan 7) at the GH Bali and GH Singapore for October 2014
- Use two confirmed suite upgrades for the GH Bali and GH Singapore
- Let the trial expire without achieving 12 nights

Start Hyatt Diamond Challenge (2) in October 2014
- Reap the benefits of having a diamond status and suite upgrades for my 2 weeks in Asia

Any chance this may work?
Stay 2, Not a chance (especially being same calendar year).

And people wonder why benefits keep getting removed when clearly you have no intention of going for the challenge. Had you of made an effort to reach the 12 nights, then different story…

I am all for using whatever advantage there may be available to make my stay, flight, car hire etc etc the best possible, and I am all for bending rules to an extent, but to clearly want to disregard what a challenge is for then over time, it may just ruin it for the people out there that really do want to attempt said challenge.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed about my recent 12 nights but was turned down because two nights were at the Bellagio (booked through Hyatt.com). I was under the assumption that they would count, or I would not have stayed there. Can anyone confirm whether Hyatt customer support is right, and whether to push on this to make them reconsider? I'm sure I'll still do more within the 60, but this rule was not mentioned to me when I signed up.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:45 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ScottC
I emailed about my recent 12 nights but was turned down because two nights were at the Bellagio (booked through Hyatt.com). I was under the assumption that they would count, or I would not have stayed there. Can anyone confirm whether Hyatt customer support is right, and whether to push on this to make them reconsider? I'm sure I'll still do more within the 60, but this rule was not mentioned to me when I signed up.
PM our Gold Passport Concierge here on FT, they would have the definitive answer.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
PM our Gold Passport Concierge here on FT, they would have the definitive answer.
Just did - thanks Peter. The email terms I received don't say anything about this, but I'll see what they can do for me. Worst case, I'm at another Hyatt tomorrow night
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:19 pm

They are not eligible as per the T&C (Hyatt stays only).

There were a few of us (myself included) who were given an exception as we had it in writing from Hyatt that the MGM stays would be eligible for the Diamond Trial (this was in the weeks after the announcement). Without that written confirmation I doubt you will have any luck, however, anything is possible.

The Gold Passport Concierge on here has clarified this several months ago, but as already suggested, contact them and see what can be done.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:25 pm

Just did - thanks Peter. The email terms I received don't say anything about this, but I'll see what they can do for me. Worst case, I'm at another Hyatt tomorrow night
Whilst it perhaps should have a comment excluding MGM properties, it is very clear what is classed as an eligible stay for the trial:

Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment.
This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
The terms are rather ambiguous, but maybe it should say partner properties are not eligible for the purposes of making things very clear.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
December or January?

I have a long (2-week) stay coming up for business that I plan to use for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge which I can schedule in either early December or early January .

Completing in December gets it done sooner but doesn't seem to make any other real difference since I get the 60-day window of status just for being on the challenge. Is there any difference between that status and "earned" status? For example can I do the MLife status match based on challenge status? Would like to have the MLife Plat for CES in January.

The biggest reason to complete in January seems to be that the 12+ nights will then ALSO count against the 2014 qualification leaving me only around 10 nights short for the rest of the year to re-qualify as Diamond - am I doing that math correctly?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

At this point, either dec or jan with successful completion of the challenge would give you status through 2/2015 but you are correct that stays in 2014 will count towards requalification through 2/2016. Note, the regular criteria is 25 stays or 50 nights.

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
At this point, either dec or jan with successful completion of the challenge would give you status through 2/2015 but you are correct that stays in 2014 will count towards requalification through 2/2016. Note, the regular criteria is 25 stays or 50 nights.
Ah correct - I had been thinking 25 nights but of course that's backwards with stays. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:05 pm

if i succeed in the challenge in feb/march 2014 my status will be valid through 2/2015 or 16?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by Skyjacked
Plan:

Start Hyatt Diamond Challenge (1) in January 2014
- Use the diamond benefits for my award stay at Andaz Maui in February
- Book Cash & Points nights (after Jan 7) at the GH Bali and GH Singapore for October 2014
- Use two confirmed suite upgrades for the GH Bali and GH Singapore

Start Hyatt Diamond Challenge (2) in October 2014
- Reap the benefits of having a diamond status and suite upgrades for my 2 weeks in Asia

Any chance this may work?
This will not work because you cant 2 challenges.
A challenge only requires 12 nights. Why not do cash and points for Maui and actually try to complete the challenge?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ironfire
if i succeed in the challenge in feb/march 2014 my status will be valid through 2/2015 or 16?
2/2015. You'll have to wait until July 1st, 2014 to complete
the Challenge, for the Diamond Status to be valid through 2/2016.

Originally Posted by smitty06
This will not work because you cant 2 challenges.
A challenge only requires 12 nights. Why not do cash and points for Maui and actually try to complete the challenge?
The scenario may work, as the Diamond Challenge Offers will change between January and October (Challenge 1, Diamond Status until Feb 28, 2015.. Challenge 2, Diamond Status until Feb 28, 2016). The One Offer Tier Trial per Member applies to each offer apparently, and its been determined that once in a lifetime was an assumption from latest discussions. OP would have to be approved for both the Challenges by HGP. YMMV if that happens.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:24 pm

i've just started the trial and have a stay on Feb 5th. I emailed GP and they said my tril ends on Feb 3rd. However, my status on their ebsite shows diamond throgh Feb 28, 2014.
Can someone confirm if I will have status through Feb 28 or will it end on Feb 3rd?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hqly2001
i've just started the trial and have a stay on Feb 5th. I emailed GP and they said my tril ends on Feb 3rd. However, my status on their ebsite shows diamond throgh Feb 28, 2014.
Can someone confirm if I will have status through Feb 28 or will it end on Feb 3rd?
You must get your 12 nights in by the 3rd to succeed on the challenge.
Your Diamond status is usually good till the end of the month (or so), so you will be Diamond for the stay on the 5th but that stay will NOT count towards the challenge.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AlxStevens
I have a long (2-week) stay coming up for business that I plan to use for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge which I can schedule in either early December or early January .

Completing in December gets it done sooner but doesn't seem to make any other real difference since I get the 60-day window of status just for being on the challenge. Is there any difference between that status and "earned" status? For example can I do the MLife status match based on challenge status? Would like to have the MLife Plat for CES in January.

The biggest reason to complete in January seems to be that the 12+ nights will then ALSO count against the 2014 qualification leaving me only around 10 nights short for the rest of the year to re-qualify as Diamond - am I doing that math correctly?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks.
I completed my challenge in January as well and it made things that much easier to qualify for Diamond the following year as well.
You might also want to consider the credit card - you can get credit for 5 stays/10 nights with a significant spend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.