Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by angatol
I'm currently staying in a Hyatt property for the first time and of course I signed up to the loyalty scheme before I checked in. For this stay I'll be here for 3 weeks, then I'm going away for a few days and back for another 4 weeks. Coincidentally I'll be here for exactly 50 nights... Anyway, I've just read about this diamond challenge and am wondering if it's possible I could sign up to it before my second stay, in order to be diamond for the whole of the second stay. I currently have Hilton Gold too. On my Hyatt account I have a UK address, if that makes any difference.

Could anyone advise? Thanks.
If you have at least one stay on your Hilton account within the last year, you should be able to do the Diamond Challenge without problem. That is how I did it. You could probably even start immediately and have Diamond for the rest of your first stay. If they authorize it, the Challenge could start the very next day. You should contact GP.

Your UK address makes no difference. My address is Japan.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If you have at least one stay on your Hilton account within the last year, you should be able to do the Diamond Challenge without problem. That is how I did it. You could probably even start immediately and have Diamond for the rest of your first stay. If they authorize it, the Challenge could start the very next day. You should contact GP.

Your UK address makes no difference. My address is Japan.
Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow! Still got about 10 days left on this stay.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anyone tried a status match since June 1? I'd like to confirm that the new offer (assuming there is one) will provide status until early 2015. Hate to be the test case though I guess I can always turn down the offer....
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Has anyone tried a status match since June 1? I'd like to confirm that the new offer (assuming there is one) will provide status until early 2015. Hate to be the test case though I guess I can always turn down the offer....
I sent my enrollment request in today, however the response still says "you must complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond membership through February of 2014"
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:05 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

I sent my enrollment request in today, however the response still says "you must complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond membership through February of 2014"

Good Evening,

If enrolled into the Diamond Trial after June 1, 2013, successful completion of the trial will give you Diamond status until February 2015.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
If enrolled into the Diamond Trial after June 1, 2013, successful completion of the trial will give you Diamond status until February 2015.
Thanks for that.

On a slightly related point, can you clarify what happens if you start the trial in the middle of a stay? Does the whole stay count towards the trial, none of it, or just the days after enrollment?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:25 am

Thanks for that.

On a slightly related point, can you clarify what happens if you start the trial in the middle of a stay? Does the whole stay count towards the trial, none of it, or just the days after enrollment?
Since the requirement is 12 nights, every night after enrollment should count, but none before. But someone may have to do something manually. From what you said with your upcoming second stay, I would not think it matters much to you.

Once you've started the trial and the Diamond status shows up on your account, you should inform the hotel you're at so that you can get lounge access or breakfast.

It would be interesting to hear how they handle the points bonus for your stay when starting the challenge mid stay.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:15 am

It would be interesting to hear how they handle the points bonus for your stay when starting the challenge mid stay.
I'll post an update when I find out.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:12 pm

Profile now shows diamond. That was quick.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:12 pm

Profile now shows diamond. That was quick.
If I remember in my case it took another day or so for the suite upgrades to show up under "My Awards".

Glad to hear that it has worked out quickly for you. Be sure to inform the hotel of the change, as I doubt they would check your status until just prior to your next stay. If it is a generous property they might extend some Diamond benefits retroactively for you for the entire stay, such removing any internet charges.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:29 pm

If I remember in my case it took another day or so for the suite upgrades to show up under "My Awards".
They were there immediately too.

Glad to hear that it has worked out quickly for you. Be sure to inform the hotel of the change, as I doubt they would check your status until just prior to your next stay. If it is a generous property they might extend some Diamond benefits retroactively for you for the entire stay, such removing any internet charges.
Well, they've given me free internet so far anyway. I just informed them of my new diamondness and they gave me new keys with access to the lounge, which I've just tried too. So far so good! Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
I'll post an update when I find out.
Ran into this situation with my brother. Diamond status updated on night 3. (4 night stay). Did ask for retro to beginning of stay. They politely said they couldn't.The stay did receive 30% diamond bonus. 2 of the 4 nights posted the 1,000 point bonus.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by punkmonkey
The stay did receive 30% diamond bonus. 2 of the 4 nights posted the 1,000 point bonus.
Good to know. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Applied for the Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge (link to full post) earlier this week great success. I found Hyatt to be very quick in responding and updating my account to reflect the Diamond status. Timeline:

• Email 1: Tuesday at 11:35am — My request to Hyatt
  • Email 2: Tuesday at 7:49pm -- Hyatt Response
  • Email 3: Tuesday at 7:58pm -- I reply that I accept the offer
  • Email 4: Wednesday at 10:59am -- Hyatt confirms enrollment
  • Wednesday at 3:35pm -- Checked Hyatt app and found that Diamond status had been applied--book first stay for later that night
  • Wednesday at 8:21pm — Checked into Grand Hyatt Buckhead, was thanked for being a Diamond member and upgraded to “Luxury Suite” (best room offered: 1,240 sq ft, 1.5 bath, huge living room etc, kitchen etc…)

So within 24 hrs of initial request I had confirmation that I was enrolled, 3 hrs after that my account reflected Diamond status and 5 hrs after that I had successfully checked in with Diamond status. Thanks Hyatt!

For full details (copies of emails, screenshots and pics of my upgraded room!) check out my blog post here: http://www.weekendblitz.com/hyatt-di...tus-challenge/

Last edited by jmgriffin; Jun 30, 2013 at 5:18 pm
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Applied for the Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge (link to full post) earlier this week great success. I found Hyatt to be very quick in responding and updating my account to reflect the Diamond status. Timeline:

• Email 1: Tuesday at 11:35am — My request to Hyatt
  • Email 2: Tuesday at 7:49pm -- Hyatt Response
  • Email 3: Tuesday at 7:58pm -- I reply that I accept the offer
  • Email 4: Wednesday at 10:59am -- Hyatt confirms enrollment
  • Wednesday at 3:35pm -- Checked Hyatt app and found that Diamond status had been applied--book first stay for later that night
  • Wednesday at 8:21pm — Checked into Grand Hyatt Buckhead, was thanked for being a Diamond member and upgraded to “Luxury Suite” (best room offered: 1,240 sq ft, 1.5 bath, huge living room etc, kitchen etc…)

So within 24 hrs of initial request I had confirmation that I was enrolled, 3 hrs after that my account reflected Diamond status and 5 hrs after that I had successfully checked in with Diamond status. Thanks Hyatt!

For full details (copies of emails, screenshots and pics of my upgraded room!) check out my blog post here: http://www.weekendblitz.com/hyatt-di...tus-challenge/
This is why I am loyal to Hyatt .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.