Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ranjanrocks
Hi All,

i understand that the signup ends on April 30th 2014. I have a vacation coming up in May and wanted the diamond status for the same. Since the challenge is only valid for 60 days, i was waiting to sign up.

My question now is, is it too late to signup for the challenge? If i do signup on Let's say April 1st, will i maintain the diamond status for 60 days starting April 1st? or will it end on April 30th?

Also, what documents would they need to prove my Hilton gold status? I do have hilton gold status due to my citi hilton card, i also have 4 hilton stays in last six months but that was not how i got my hilton gold status...does this matter?
You should still be able to sign up for the Challenge on April 1st or 2nd. That will get you Diamond status through the end of June... (and 60 days to get the 12 nights, if your vacation is paid with cash then you should get there...)

A couple of days after starting the Challenge you should see the 4 suite upgrades hit your account. If you want to use them you should call Hyatt to apply them to existing bookings (paid only)

All you need to provide is a screenshot of your HHonors account showing Gold and some stays.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:59 pm

As a data point I sent a email yesterday and was approved this morning and checked around noon and it said I was Diamond. Now here's hoping the corporate rate doesn't mess up my stay over the next few months. Will knock out 4 this week.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beltline
As a data point I sent a email yesterday and was approved this morning and checked around noon and it said I was Diamond. Now here's hoping the corporate rate doesn't mess up my stay over the next few months. Will knock out 4 this week.
On the left side of the page when you log into your account at Hyatt.com, it shows the number of eligible nights. If a night is eligible, it should show up there. I am not 100% sure as I never really paid attention to that side of the page and I'm also on day #2 of my challenge. Good luck!
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:32 am

A few questions...your help would be appreciated!
1. I have business travel coming up, have yet to sign up for the trial though, if i book before I start my trial (at a hyatt through my corporate web site) can I add my GP later and get credit for the stay as part of the trial?
2. Haven't done a lot of travel yet this year, only have one stay under my PC plat and one upcoming stay under my HHonors diamond, I plan to travel much more later in the year, do you think they will approve me for a trial?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:34 am

Does anyone know if there's supposed to be a private Diamond rep that you can email or do I just send a normal message using the CONTACT US form at Hyatt's GP page?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:55 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I am pretty sure it is just [email protected]

Approved template
Code:
Dear Hyatt Team,

Currently, I am an IHG Platinum Member, I am interested in taking my business elsewhere. I’m a big fan of Hyatt Gold Passport and the Hyatt hotel chain; I am currently a Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Member.

Hyatt Gold Passport# XXX

I have stayed at IHG Properties in 2013, but I am interested in utilizing Hyatt full time for my business travel in 2014 as well as for my honeymoon this summer. I was wondering if I could be granted a Hyatt Diamond Trial for 60 days.

Please see the attached screenshot showing my IHG Platinum Status. Would you be able to expedite this request if possible since I have extensive business travel during the upcoming season. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Does Diamond expire at 11:59pm on the 28th? I am checking in that night, will I qualify for bennies?

Last edited by caGALINDO; Feb 22, 2014 at 8:05 am
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
I am pretty sure it is just [email protected]

Approved template
Code:
Dear Hyatt Team,

Currently, I am an IHG Platinum Member, I am interested in taking my business elsewhere. I’m a big fan of Hyatt Gold Passport and the Hyatt hotel chain; I am currently a Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Member.

Hyatt Gold Passport# XXX

I have stayed at IHG Properties in 2013, but I am interested in utilizing Hyatt full time for my business travel in 2014 as well as for my honeymoon this summer. I was wondering if I could be granted a Hyatt Diamond Trial for 60 days.

Please see the attached screenshot showing my IHG Platinum Status. Would you be able to expedite this request if possible since I have extensive business travel during the upcoming season. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Does Diamond expire at 11:59pm on the 28th? I am checking in that night, will I qualify for bennies?
If you're talking about Diamond expiry after successfully completing your Challenge. Your stay will qualify for Diamond benefits when checking in February 28, 2015. If you're looking for stay credit and your stay doesn't post checking in that night, phone HGP and have the stay credit manually adjusted.

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
A few questions...your help would be appreciated!
1. I have business travel coming up, have yet to sign up for the trial though, if i book before I start my trial (at a hyatt through my corporate web site) can I add my GP later and get credit for the stay as part of the trial?
2. Haven't done a lot of travel yet this year, only have one stay under my PC plat and one upcoming stay under my HHonors diamond, I plan to travel much more later in the year, do you think they will approve me for a trial?

Thanks for your help!
I was granted a Challenge as an FPC Platinum Member but I sent my portfolio of stays. FPC was not officially on Hyatt's status match list, but I was granted an exception when I submitted 55 nights with FPC. Hilton Gold is indeed listed for status match, so if you show one completed stay, you will be granted the Challenge.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by doss1
On the left side of the page when you log into your account at Hyatt.com, it shows the number of eligible nights. If a night is eligible, it should show up there. I am not 100% sure as I never really paid attention to that side of the page and I'm also on day #2 of my challenge. Good luck!
Thanks - I should know next weekend. Not hopeful as the rate drops from $219 to $111 when I put the corporate rate in on the website. Wondering if I wouldn't of been better off calling in the reservation or if it would of made a difference. Would be nice as I should be able to get the 12 easy over the next 60 days. There's a Hyatt Place I could of utilized to get 4 night at $67+taxes over spring break for personal stays which would of only left 8. I'll cover 7 of those over the next two weeks.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:58 pm

Thanks - I should know next weekend. Not hopeful as the rate drops from $219 to $111 when I put the corporate rate in on the website. Wondering if I wouldn't of been better off calling in the reservation or if it would of made a difference. Would be nice as I should be able to get the 12 easy over the next 60 days. There's a Hyatt Place I could of utilized to get 4 night at $67+taxes over spring break for personal stays which would of only left 8. I'll cover 7 of those over the next two weeks.
I think as long as you book it on Hyatt.com, it will count. It's when you use Priceline/Hotwire/etc when it doesn't count. I use government rates and the Elite Rate and they always count. If AAA counts, I can't see why your rate wouldn't count. But, I am not an official source and don't take my comment as truth.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:22 pm

Not saying all of them do, but my company's corporate rates count towards promotions and status.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
what happen if i want to start challenge 5/1/2014?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
the promotion only lasts until 4/30/14 I'm not sure how you would find out until the current one expires.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by afraidofheights
If I book a room through Amex FHR under their buy 3 nights get 1 night free promotion, will I get credit for four nights for purposes of the 12 night requirement?

Thanks
Did you find out? Did you at least get 3 night credits?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:40 am

are multiple rooms counted

If I have two rooms booked for 6 nights will this count for the 12 night requirement?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No.... only 6 nights/1 stay credit. You get points for both rooms though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.