Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
I started my challenge on Jan 25th, will they give me another 4 suite upgrade certificates mid-March?
You'll receive another 4 suite upgrades March 1, 2014.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by zh
Jimgotkp, the point I was trying to make was that GP agents were giving out conflicting information.
The point that Jimgotkp was trying to make is read the terms and conditions for ones self as they're very clear.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by zh
Jimgotkp, the point I was trying to make was that GP agents were giving out conflicting information.
Next someone is going to announce that there's gambling at Rick's Cafe....
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Choice Diamond, Marriott Silver
Completed my challenge

Just wanted to report that I completed my challenge. It started on 3 December, so scooting in at the last minute.

My last needed qualifying night posted yesterday. I emailed cust svc and after some wrangling about whether I had 11 or 12 nights, they just responded that 12 nights are confirmed as qualifying and all is good.

Thanks to FT for having this posted. The combo of Starwood, Hyatt, and Choice (oddly there are no Starwoods or Hyatts in Andalusia, Alabama, which is tonight's destination) now has me well covered over the US/Canada. I'm on the road 365 nights a year and this is just ducky. Quack!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Does status match work is someone used to be Diamond but it lapsed?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by frankaustx
I'm on the road 365 nights a year and this is just ducky. Quack!
Holy quack, man. Are you a nomad or some ramblin' traveler with no home? Doesn't it get old?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by exmike
can you set your start date for say, several months from now?
According to posts around this forum, YES. I have not tried it.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JackE
Does status match work is someone used to be Diamond but it lapsed?
Yes. YMMV.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just signed up with no problem. If it matters, I used to be diamond and did a status match 5 years ago.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:08 pm

About to start the diamond trial on 2/21 and with the last night (day 60) being 4/21 I was wondering how that works.

What counts as 1 night? Midnight OR check out? So, if I check out on 4/22 (day #61), is 4/21 then not a qualified night for the trial?

Do the "Elite Rate" rates count towards the Diamond Trial?

Last edited by doss1; Feb 2, 2014 at 9:29 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by doss1
According to posts around this forum, YES. I have not tried it.
They ask you to email back a day before you want the challenge to start
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: HU G, 3U G, CZ G, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL Plat, IHG SRA, TK G, Hilton G
I think the agents from Hyatt CS will say you will get 4 certs after finishing challenge, however i saw 4 certs get deposited after 3 days from challenge
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:26 pm

^Anyone know the above answers?

Also, another questoin....if I book 2 rooms as a Diamond, do the guests in that second room get Diamond benefits (most specifically looking for breakfast), too?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Also, another questoin....if I book 2 rooms as a Diamond, do the guests in that second room get Diamond benefits (most specifically looking for breakfast), too?
As indicated in the FAQs sticky, Hyatt T&Cs only call for status perks on one room, but most properties will extend benefits to a second room (I've been denied once in 12 years at one property out of about 10 multi room stays).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:13 pm
Suspended

About to start the diamond trial on 2/21 and with the last night (day 60) being 4/21 I was wondering how that works.

What counts as 1 night? Midnight OR check out? So, if I check out on 4/22 (day #61), is 4/21 then not a qualified night for the trial?

Do the "Elite Rate" rates count towards the Diamond Trial?
The night of 4/21 (day 60) will count (checking out during the day 4/22). If it doesn't, then just call HGP and they'll manual adjust the night to count as part of your Challenge.

Elite Rates does count as part of your Challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.