Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by binnycode
The issue I think we were trying to get at is can we status match with temporary platinum from Hyatt.
How would any other hotel know the difference between regular and "temporary" Diamond? They might want to see stay history, but that has nothing to do with the transient nature of your status.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
How would any other hotel know the difference between regular and "temporary" Diamond? They might want to see stay history, but that has nothing to do with the transient nature of your status.
Not sure if this helps, but I just emailed HHonors asking if they'd do a status match to my Hyatt Diamond Trial (which I will start in a few months) and Hilton emailed me back saying for me to send them my status and my stays and they will get back to me with an offer. No idea if the Diamond perks on the Hilton side would start with the Hilton trial.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:22 am

OK, HHonors said you can get immediate GOLD benefits during the Hilton Diamond Trial. No Diamond benefits until trial successfully completed.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Suite Upgrades

I searched the thread and I was a little confused about one piece of info. I just emailed HGP for the challenge as I have 8 nights coming up next week. If I don't complete the challenge prior to February 28th will I not receive the next set of suite upgrades on March 1st? I will still technically be "diamond" on March 1st so I was wondering how that would work. If I need to do 4 nights in February I can…just want to make sure I don't lose out on some benefits. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
I searched the thread and I was a little confused about one piece of info. I just emailed HGP for the challenge as I have 8 nights coming up next week. If I don't complete the challenge prior to February 28th will I not receive the next set of suite upgrades on March 1st? I will still technically be "diamond" on March 1st so I was wondering how that would work. If I need to do 4 nights in February I can…just want to make sure I don't lose out on some benefits. Thanks.
You should receive the diamond upgrades immediately upon acceptance of the challenge. They will last with you through the challenge and beyond. Whether your suite upgrades will expire this February or beyond, I'm not sure and someone else will chime in I'm sure! However, I believe that if you are accepted before the February expiration date, you'll receive 4 suite nights to use until then and upon complete of the challenge, you'll receive 4 more after the February expiration date to use beyond.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Further along those lines, can you use your Hyatt diamond status to get elite status on the other hotel chains?
Looks like last years stays are completely deleted. Is there any way of bringing this up on the screen via online HGP profile, or do I have to contact HGP to send me a record of stays.

I guess the points statement would show all of the hotel stays.. but its showing all the reward points transactions, not necessarily always the length of stay.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If you go to your account details you will find all your stay history.... and by using the filters it's easy to see a list of paid or award stays. Everything you would need I would guess?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
If you go to your account details you will find all your stay history.... and by using the filters it's easy to see a list of paid or award stays. Everything you would need I would guess?
Thanks,

I guess I'm considering an easy status match for HH Gold.. don't want to send the entire itinerary of the most intimate details of my dealings with HGP.

I signed up for the TD Aeroplan Infinite Privilege card in Canada, that was supposed to include HH Diamond. But they pulled the benefit. A bit upset. I was planning to do a couple of nights with HH. Hyatt will still be the main hotel we stay at.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by doss1
OK, HHonors said you can get immediate GOLD benefits during the Hilton Diamond Trial. No Diamond benefits until trial successfully completed.
I wonder what Hilton would've said if you just mentioned you have Hyatt Diamond, but didn't say you were on the trial. I know Hyatt just asked me for proof of any stay to start the trial, but didn't ask to see all the stays. What do other chains ask for?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I wonder what Hilton would've said if you just mentioned you have Hyatt Diamond, but didn't say you were on the trial. I know Hyatt just asked me for proof of any stay to start the trial, but didn't ask to see all the stays. What do other chains ask for?
Dave, I didn't mention I was on a trial. I just told them I'd be a Hyatt Diamond in a few months and have a bunch of Hyatt stays coming up and that I'd like to see about switching my upcoming stays over to Hilton if they offered some kind of status match or trial. Nicely worded But, I was being honest, too...I do indeed have a lot of stays coming up that I'd be happy to give to a competitor if the benefits are better.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by doss1
Dave, I didn't mention I was on a trial. I just told them I'd be a Hyatt Diamond in a few months and have a bunch of Hyatt stays coming up and that I'd like to see about switching my upcoming stays over to Hilton if they offered some kind of status match or trial. Nicely worded But, I was being honest, too...I do indeed have a lot of stays coming up that I'd be happy to give to a competitor if the benefits are better.
How is HH Gold or even Diamond better than Hyatt Diamond? Not even close, except perhaps the double dip feature and a few more bonus points.

So if you don't complete the HH Diamond trial, do you get to keep the Gold for the balance of the year?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:40 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Got enrolled today and was accepted for the trial. I have a stay with an "extended stay" rate coming up in March for 12 nights in a row. Does anyone if this rate qualifies for the my 12 nights?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by zh
Got enrolled today and was accepted for the trial. I have a stay with an "extended stay" rate coming up in March for 12 nights in a row. Does anyone if this rate qualifies for the my 12 nights?
12 nights = 12 nights

Sounds good to me.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:33 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zh
I would be happy to confirm this for you. Typically if it is booked with one of our Extended Stay rates, it would be considered an eligible rate. If it is booked with a corporate rate, that also includes an extended stay option, this would be based on how the company negotiated the rate. Please feel free to PM, or call us at 800-544-9288.

Best Regards,

Allie H. -A Guest Relations Associate
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
If you complete the Challenge you will keep status and benefits until February 2015 on the current Diamond Challenge offer. Note that you will have a set of 4 new Diamond Suite Upgrades credited to your account March 1st, 2014. You may use the current Diamond Suite Upgrades in your account on reservations until February 28, 2014, on any bookable reservation. Note after March 1st, 2014, you will be unable to make any changes on reservations that you make with the current set of Diamond Suite Upgrades without relinquishing the Diamond Suite Upgrade used on the reservation.
Ok, Im from Germany, Im a bit confused by some stuff, maybe you guys can help me out:

So I want to start the challenge for a trip to India on March 4th.
How does this work?
I book a regular room now, write them end of February that i want to compete in the challenge and ask them to start the challenge before February 28 (so I dont burn an upgrade certificate)? After i got accepted i can use an upgrade certificate, but on March 1st I will get 4 new ones (I understand my total in my account will also be 4)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.