Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: whitesol
Wiki Link
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jan 8, 14, 4:58 pm
  #1036  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,219
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13 View Post

I'd like Diamond status to (hopefully) get a suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Seattle during a five day trip (which I'll be funding with my CSP and Freedom signup bonuses).
If you're doing this in the hopes of getting a suite at the GH SEA on an award stay, you'll most likely be disappointed. Diamonds do not routinely get suites as upgrades and the Diamond Suite Upgrades are not applicable on award stays. Chances of getting a suite upgrade, while possible, should not be counted on.
peteropny is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:33 pm
  #1037  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: STL
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 485
WHen I asked Hyatt for info on the trial rules, they said nothing about proof of recent Hilton stays. They just asked me when I wanted to start the trial.
doss1 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 8:48 pm
  #1038  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
The e-mail you get when applying clearly shows you need to supply both proof of status in a number of programs and proof of at least one stay in the last 12 months..... If you cannot even meet that you are not challenge material .
RTW1 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 14, 11:38 pm
  #1039  
aku
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Posts: 442
I think I've got it....

Getting back into the game.... I've read the Wiki but only the last 60-80 posts, so may have missed someone sending this same scenario out.

I'm planning to spend five nights in Paris in mid-April, so will start my challenge in March. If I've got it right:
  • I'll have Diamond status immediately upon starting the 60 days, including 4 suite upgrade certs, only one of which would be needed for the 5-night stay.
  • If I can use a Cash & Points rate at the property, that will count as 5 of the required 12 nights.
  • If I meet the normal requirements for Diamond status this year, status will continue through 2/29/16; otherwise it will end 2/28/15. If the latter, I may be able to go through another challenge anytime after 2/28/15.

Is that correct?

Last edited by aku; Jan 8, 14 at 11:53 pm
aku is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 1:03 am
  #1040  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 13,756
The others seem correct, but regarding one:
Originally Posted by aku View Post
  • If I meet the normal requirements for Diamond status this year, status will continue through 2/29/16
There's no guarantee that this year will be like others, but generally the challenge has to START in June or July in order for the Diamond status to carry over an extra year.

With your plan, I think you would only receive Diamond through February 2015 without requalifying.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 1:37 am
  #1041  
aku
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Posts: 442
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
The others seem correct, but regarding one:


There's no guarantee that this year will be like others, but generally the challenge has to START in June or July in order for the Diamond status to carry over an extra year.

With your plan, I think you would only receive Diamond through February 2015 without requalifying.
Thanks. By "meet the normal requirements", I meant 25 stays or 50 nights by the end of this year, which is also what I think you mean by "requalifying."
aku is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 1:41 am
  #1042  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 13,756
Originally Posted by aku View Post
Thanks. By "meet the normal requirements", I meant 25 stays or 50 nights by the end of this year, which is also what I think you mean by "requalifying."
Correct. If you complete the trial, you will have Diamond status through 2/2015. If you complete 25/50, you will have it through 2/2016.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:24 am
  #1043  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: STL
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 485
Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
The e-mail you get when applying clearly shows you need to supply both proof of status in a number of programs and proof of at least one stay in the last 12 months..... If you cannot even meet that you are not challenge material .
I re-read my email and you are correct. You need at least 1 night stay in order to qualify for the trial.
doss1 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 8:38 am
  #1044  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 926
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
If you're doing this in the hopes of getting a suite at the GH SEA on an award stay, you'll most likely be disappointed. Diamonds do not routinely get suites as upgrades and the Diamond Suite Upgrades are not applicable on award stays. Chances of getting a suite upgrade, while possible, should not be counted on.
I thought GH SEA was one of the better properties for getting upgraded to a suite since the club floors are all suites. I haven't been Diamond for about a year now so maybe it's changed?
kenbo is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 8:47 am
  #1045  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,219
Originally Posted by kenbo View Post
I thought GH SEA was one of the better properties for getting upgraded to a suite since the club floors are all suites. I haven't been Diamond for about a year now so maybe it's changed?
It is one of the properties that often gives suites to Diamonds as upgrades but is not guaranteed. I've been at the property 3x over the years, 1st time complimentary long suite upgrade, 2nd time regular room, 3rd time used Diamond Suite Uograde for a suite on the floor that the GC is on (IIRC all rooms were suites on that floor but it's only 8 rooms or so).

My statement above is to temper the OPs expectations given all the contortions that he/they would have to go through just yo possibly get a suite. Of course it's possible I suppose for one to get the Presidential Suite at the PHV on an award stay but chances of that happening is probably less than winning the lottery jackpot.
peteropny is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 9:15 am
  #1046  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 926
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
It is one of the properties that often gives suites to Diamonds as upgrades but is not guaranteed. I've been at the property 3x over the years, 1st time complimentary long suite upgrade, 2nd time regular room, 3rd time used Diamond Suite Uograde for a suite on the floor that the GC is on (IIRC all rooms were suites on that floor but it's only 8 rooms or so).

My statement above is to temper the OPs expectations given all the contortions that he/they would have to go through just yo possibly get a suite. Of course it's possible I suppose for one to get the Presidential Suite at the PHV on an award stay but chances of that happening is probably less than winning the lottery jackpot.
Gotcha. As a data point, I'm 50/50 (one for two) on complimentary suite upgrades at this hotel.
kenbo is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 10:08 am
  #1047  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,498
Anyone know if there is going to be a new challenge this year? I have some Hyatt stays coming up around summer and would like to sign up for the challenge then...but I don't want to miss out either.
ZBigFam is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 12:06 pm
  #1048  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,219
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
Anyone know if there is going to be a new challenge this year? I have some Hyatt stays coming up around summer and would like to sign up for the challenge then...but I don't want to miss out either.
I would think that the challenge / status match will be around in one form or another unless "all" the hotel companies discontinue their "matches", because if only one discontinues it, they'll be at a disadvantage. Pure speculation of course.
peteropny is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 12:35 pm
  #1049  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 40
This is slightly off-topic, but I hesitate to start another thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow get a suite with Points+Cash? I know it's 7,500 points + $100 for a standard room at a Category 4 hotel. Is it possible to use more points to get a suite---Say, 13,500 points + $100 for a suite?

I did find that it's possible to do the 7,500 + $100 and then use one of the four Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates, but I'd prefer to avoid the hassle of trying to get Diamond status.
CalAlumnus13 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 14, 3:17 pm
  #1050  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,498
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus13 View Post
This is slightly off-topic, but I hesitate to start another thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow get a suite with Points+Cash? I know it's 7,500 points + $100 for a standard room at a Category 4 hotel. Is it possible to use more points to get a suite---Say, 13,500 points + $100 for a suite?

I did find that it's possible to do the 7,500 + $100 and then use one of the four Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates, but I'd prefer to avoid the hassle of trying to get Diamond status.
No I don't think that's possible.
ZBigFam is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread