Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
I've recently signed up for the Diamond trial, but am at a bit of a loss as to where I would find things like the Suite upgrade certificates in my account on GP.com. From reading posts here and elsewhere I was under the impression these were available even during the trial.

Are the remaining upgrades noted anywhere accessible, or do you have to call to use and monitor them? Or are they simply not available until after the challenge has been completed?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You get them a few days after your trial starts.... and you can see them in your account under awards.

You only have to call to use them.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
Thanks for that RTW1, will keep my eyes open for them. ^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:52 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by djfuzz
Thanks for that RTW1, will keep my eyes open for them. ^
I am currently doing the Diamond Challenge, it took maybe two days for the upgrades to show on my account. (I didn't check all the time...)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Diamond Status on Website

I completed the trial and my trial status was to expire on 30 Nov 2013. I completed the trial before the end date of the trial. The status expiry date still shows as 30 Nov 2013. The reps that I talked to all say that I am Diamond till Feb 2014 as per their system. Is that accurate? Are there any issues here that I should bring up to Hyatt Gold Passport.

- naroowal
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by naroowal
I completed the trial and my trial status was to expire on 30 Nov 2013. I completed the trial before the end date of the trial. The status expiry date still shows as 30 Nov 2013. The reps that I talked to all say that I am Diamond till Feb 2014 as per their system. Is that accurate? Are there any issues here that I should bring up to Hyatt Gold Passport.

- naroowal
Well, if you successfully completed the challenge, you should be Diamond until February 2015...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Well, if you successfully completed the challenge, you should be Diamond until February 2015...
I agree which is what I am concerned about but the Hyatt CSReps are saying I dont need to worry and I am diamond in their system.

- naroowal
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As long as you got the 12 nights credited to your account with dates that are within the trial period (60days from the start which was confirmed in an e-mail, the date in your account is always the end of the month) you have nothing to worry about.

It can take a while to update... and you will get a confirmation e-mail. But two weeks does seem rather longer than usual.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:06 pm

If I am Diamond when I make the booking, but end up not meeting the challenge (fingers crossed) and lose diamond prior to the stay - would I get any on property benefits (like breakfast) during that stay?

If not, I guess it would be better to wait until 60 days before my stay and hope award nights are still available.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nic3456
If I am Diamond when I make the booking, but end up not meeting the challenge (fingers crossed) and lose diamond prior to the stay - would I get any on property benefits (like breakfast) during that stay?
Any such awards that you may receive would be an accident, not something that you would be entitled to. It could happen, but receipt of such benefits should not be something that you should rely on.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nic3456

If not, I guess it would be better to wait until 60 days before my stay and hope award nights are still available.
You get Diamond benefits as a Diamond. If you don't have status during the stay as Diamond, you would not receive Diamond Benefits.

Sounds like you have the points to book your award stay. So why not book the room/suite at retail, then when you sign up for the Challenge, you can apply the benefits then? Obviously wait within 60 days prior to the Challenge.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I have gotten Diamond benefits for bookings made while a Diamond.

I wouldn't count on it, though.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by jlsf
I completed my challenge in January as well and it made things that much easier to qualify for Diamond the following year as well.
You might also want to consider the credit card - you can get credit for 5 stays/10 nights with a significant spend.
Just to be clear, the credit card nights are only valid for standard requalification, correct? If CC-spend nights post during a challenge, I assume they would not count toward the challenge. I don't think the comment above was intended to imply otherwise, but just wanted to verify that this is correct.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:11 pm

Will another challenge start after the current one ends (is after April 30 2014)?? Trying to decide when to apply for it for stays in July.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Will another challenge start after the current one ends (is after April 30 2014)?? Trying to decide when to apply for it for stays in July.
I would wait until July 1st, 2014 to begin the Challenge. Successful completion will give you Diamond status until February 28, 2016, if promos run the course as last year. You will receive another set of suite upgrade certs March 1st, 2015.

Successful Challenge today would give you Diamond Status until February 28, 2015. You'll receive another set of suite upgrade certs March 1st, 2014, but only gives you a couple of months with the current Suite upgrade certs. All above assumes successful Challenge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.