Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I faxed in my Diamond Challenge proof of elite status on a Saturday and it was not looked at until Monday when the office is opened. Its long weekend currently in Canada, and not sure in US. If a long weekend in the US, the fax is not going to be looked at until the next business day, which may mean Tuesday.

I phoned up a supervisor on the Monday, and they could not locate my fax easily. But once they located the fax, I was approved for the Challenge. I would recommend phoning Gold Passport and talking to a supervisor who has the ability to approve the Challenge on the spot.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Emailed my status match/challenge request, received a response within 24 hours offering the usual 60-day match + status thru 2/2015 upon successful completion + 1K bonus x 6 nights. And the horses are off!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:09 am

Can you request when you want the challenge to begin? AKA I want it to start on Sept 20th, so I was going to send things in today and request that start. Any idea if it will go through? Otherwise, I'll submit it closer to Wednesday...
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by jennbar
Can you request when you want the challenge to begin? AKA I want it to start on Sept 20th, so I was going to send things in today and request that start. Any idea if it will go through? Otherwise, I'll submit it closer to Wednesday...
Yes. After my challenge was okayed I specified the date to start about 10 days later immediately before my next reservation (I'm assuming you're dealing with someone specific by email as I was).
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Yes. After my challenge was okayed I specified the date to start about 10 days later immediately before my next reservation (I'm assuming you're dealing with someone specific by email as I was).
I called today and was told that the department was not available on the weekends; however, processing can take 5-7 business days (although I've seen on here 24 turnarounds).

Due to the fact that I need it this weekend, I went ahead and submitted everything through email today! Hopefully they will get back to me by Monday and I can specify September 20th!

Anyone have any luck with challenge customer service during the weekends?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I called today and was told that the department was not available on the weekends; however, processing can take 5-7 business days (although I've seen on here 24 turnarounds).

Due to the fact that I need it this weekend, I went ahead and submitted everything through email today! Hopefully they will get back to me by Monday and I can specify September 20th!

I was in the same boat, where I submitted during the weekend. Unfortunately, I too had to wait.

I was impatient and faxed in my proof of elite status over the weekend. GP had some trouble finding the fax and took a little bit of doing, but were able to promptly approve my challenge. This happened around mid July this year.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold

E-mail seems to be faster than fax. I emailed my request and I heard back the next day, which was a Sunday. I was surprised since it was the weekend. I waited 2 days until Tuesday to accept and my status changed later that day. My suite upgrades posted Wednesday morning and I used one on Thursday. Everything worked out just right.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by smitty06
E-mail seems to be faster than fax. I emailed my request and I heard back the next day, which was a Sunday. I was surprised since it was the weekend. I waited 2 days until Tuesday to accept and my status changed later that day. My suite upgrades posted Wednesday morning and I used one on Thursday. Everything worked out just right.
I actually received a reply today! They do not match with Le Accor hotels!

I'm promptly trying to status match my Le Accor Plat with Hilton Gold! Looks like there has been recent luck by reading statusmatch.com.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:34 am

I actually received a reply today! They do not match with Le Accor hotels!

I'm promptly trying to status match my Le Accor Plat with Hilton Gold! Looks like there has been recent luck by reading statusmatch.com.
Whatever program you attempt to match from, you must provide proof of at least one stay.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by smitty06
Whatever program you attempt to match from, you must provide proof of at least one stay.
That's fortunately not the issue. It's just simply they don't consider Le Accor (sofitel stays for me) period. I am fine making an easy mattress run this week to a Hilton around the area.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:52 pm
Suspended

That's fortunately not the issue. It's just simply they don't consider Le Accor (sofitel stays for me) period. I am fine making an easy mattress run this week to a Hilton around the area.
The status match list did not include Fairmont as well. Hyatt did match Fairmont. I showed 50+ nights stay with proof of elite status. Funny, looks like I may end up doing 70 nights next year. I'm trying to spend 20k per year so that I can reach lifetime diamond in ten years. I usually look for the best rate plus upgrade as I'm not sure if the program will get enhanced negatively. So I don't want to look back if something happens and say to myself, gee, I overspent here and here. How dare these changes happen. I want to be happ and content when I finish a stay with no regrets.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The status match list did not include Fairmont as well. Hyatt did match Fairmont. I showed 50+ nights stay with proof of elite status. Funny, looks like I may end up doing 70 nights next year. I'm trying to spend 20k per year so that I can reach lifetime diamond in ten years. I usually look for the best rate plus upgrade as I'm not sure if the program will get enhanced negatively. So I don't want to look back if something happens and say to myself, gee, I overspent here and here. How dare these changes happen. I want to be happ and content when I finish a stay with no regrets.
I am really working Hyatt with this and I am quite frustrated. I am showing night stays and platinum status with Le Accor Hotels. I quite frankly broke everything down and simply said I am just looking for a challenge that will only benefit you (Hyatt). I don't want any diamond incentives while I am a part of the challenge, I simply want the opportunity to stay 12 nights in 60 days. If I can do it, I can and will retain diamond year after year.

I also stated that I am not a weekly traveler; however, it is picking up lately. For example, I've had three stays within the last two months and have 4 stays in the upcoming month. I am also hosting a large party at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago this coming weekend (didn't mention). I mentioned that I do not see a time where I can retain a premium status with the four stated brands when I have all Hyatt's lined up.

It is basically a benefit to them to let me do a simple challenge. Yes, could I work on doing 50 nights next year, sure. But I do not feel bad that I want to do it this way and I think that I should be able to just because I don't have the four exact brands they request.

I may be far fetched, but I'm fighting so hard!

And PS: the reason I am fighting so hard is because I'd really like platinum MLife status for NYE this year!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry, but your frustration is because you simply didn't do your homework in time. This thread has several quotes from which programs Hyatt will match. And those are all US based programs... Can't really blame them for not matching Accor and Club Carlson, everybody is Gold or Platinum with them. Most without ever staying.

Without showing major stays with the competition who can blame them for following the, already generous, rules of the Diamond challenge.

So just do a few stays with Hilton to get gold and you're set. Plenty of time until NYE :-).

Last edited by RTW1; Sep 14, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Sorry, but your frustration is because you simply didn't do your homework in time. This thread has several quotes from which programs Hyatt will match. And those are all US based programs... Can't really blame them for not matching Accor and Club Carlson, everybody is Gold or Platinum with them. Most without ever staying.

Without showing major stays with the competition who can blame them for following the, already generous, rules of the Diamond challenge.

So just do a few stays with Hilton to get gold and you're set. Plenty of time until NYE :-).
People really get them for free? Wow, so people must be screwing it over for me then!

Well I was hoping not to leave my current Hyatt reservations for the next month, but I guess I will have to do so and transfer to Hilton. I think I can do a 4 day challenge with them and get gold immediately.

I can wait to hit 50 stays next year (just don't want to with NYE), but I will only be near 25 at the end of this year as I just started traveling frequently 2 months ago.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 8:51 pm

People really get them for free? Wow, so people must be screwing it over for me then!

Well I was hoping not to leave my current Hyatt reservations for the next month, but I guess I will have to do so and transfer to Hilton. I think I can do a 4 day challenge with them and get gold immediately.

I can wait to hit 50 stays next year (just don't want to with NYE), but I will only be near 25 at the end of this year as I just started traveling frequently 2 months ago.
you can get Hilton gold by just getting the Amex Surpass or Citi Reserve card. You can then do one stay at Hilton and you will qualify for a status challenge.

I have seen a lot of reports of free Accor and Hilton status. If you google it, I am sure you can find it too. Good luck. I hope you can make it work before NYE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.