Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I got the 4 suite upgrades on paid stays only a little after my trial started.
You do not loose the suite upgrades if you fail the trial
Same here.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:37 pm

Question. In 2009 (or 2010) I called up with that magic code that gave free Diamond status on the spot.

Does that automatically disqualify me from participating in either the trial or a straight status match?

As it was merely a promo code not a trial/status match per se I didn't know if it would be considered any differently. See, I honestly want a status match so I can exclusively use Hyatt for my round the world trip....
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I am in the middle of my challenge period right now and the 4 suite upgrades are in my account. They posted fairly quickly-I have more than enough reservations in the pipeline to meet the challenge-not sure if that helped.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by ozjohnny
Question. In 2009 (or 2010) I called up with that magic code that gave free Diamond status on the spot.

Does that automatically disqualify me from participating in either the trial or a straight status match?

As it was merely a promo code not a trial/status match per se I didn't know if it would be considered any differently. See, I honestly want a status match so I can exclusively use Hyatt for my round the world trip....
My guess is that you may be able to get a challenge. But that's only a guess. You'd have to call and see what they say.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Qantas WP, Hyatt Plat., SPG Plat., Hilton Diamond
Hi, I am in the middle of the status chanllenge which started few days ago. Is the challenge suppose to be 60 days? As i see my Tier Expiration is on 31 Aug 2012.

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Daniel.Ling
Hi, I am in the middle of the status chanllenge which started few days ago. Is the challenge suppose to be 60 days? As i see my Tier Expiration is on 31 Aug 2012.

Thanks!
It is 60 days -- I believe the Tier Expiration is just for your Diamond Membership if you fail.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:28 am

any news about the status challenge? it´s really disappointed if you activate now the challenge and the status is only until Febr. 2013.

Any ideas when the status will be expired until 2014 (so when sb. should do a challenge?)
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's disapointing about the trial? You get to enjoy Diamond status immediatly, and if you achieve the regular threshold your status is for the full period.

Or are you looking for an extended freebie when you will never qualify for Diamond without the trial?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by cs1985
any news about the status challenge? it´s really disappointed if you activate now the challenge and the status is only until Febr. 2013.

Any ideas when the status will be expired until 2014 (so when sb. should do a challenge?)
This has been answered several times both publicly and via PM - should be sometime in August is the best answer.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
to those who started their challenge recently, what is the length of time between seeing diamond status in your GP account and the showing of the suite upgrade certs?

i've gone some 2 days since receiving GP email confirming start of diamond trial + noticing the change in my account status, so far i am not seeing the suite upgrade certs though
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by ioki
to those who started their challenge recently, what is the length of time between seeing diamond status in your GP account and the showing of the suite upgrade certs?

i've gone some 2 days since receiving GP email confirming start of diamond trial + noticing the change in my account status, so far i am not seeing the suite upgrade certs though
I think it depends if a weekend is involved. I'd say just wait a day or two and it should show up by then.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
reporting back, the 4 x certs did appear in my account within 24hrs of my previous post, and just in time to redeem one for our present stay.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Just posting my experience here... I am HHonors Gold, and have an upcoming week long stay at Hyatt. I have a few more reservations at Hilton after that. I sent an email request similar to the one posted here. I did not attach any documentation though, I just asked them if they needed any additional information and I would provide it. I'll post the response when I receive it.

A question for those that did receive the Diamond Trial and received the suite upgrades. How quickly can you use your suite upgrades? Can you use them for a reservation that is already made? If I was to start my stay and then receive my suite upgrade(s) could I use them for that stay? And lastly, is one suite upgrade good only for one night or for a whole stay?

Just found this in response to my own question:
Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on paid room nights4
4Suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights

Last edited by infinityplusone; Jun 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm Reason: Found some of the info I was looking for.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Diamond, MR Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, PC Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cs1985

I have applied for the challenge and got this e-mail last week :

"Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Per your request, I have enrolled you in the Diamond Trial Offer. Please
allow 24 hours for the system to update your tier level. You will
receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. However, you must complete
12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond tier through February of 2014.
You will also receive 1000 bonus points on your first six eligible
nights within 60 days, up to a maximum of 6000 bonus points.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your
continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program."
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Diamond challenge

I am considering a tier match/challenge for Hyatt Diamond. From this thread, I understand we will have 60 days to complete 12 nights to complete the challenge. My question is can I pick start date of the 60 days trial period? Or the 60 days will start ticking when they accept my request for challenge? I am considering some stays in Hyatt properties in Oct/Nov of this year.

Another question is on the suite upgrade on arrival. I understand suite upgrade on arrival is not a standard policy for Hyatt Diamond. Just want to find out from your experience how often do you get suite upgrades on arrival from Hyatt properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.