Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by peteropny
Challenge are only granted to those with "comparable" status with a competitor. No link - you need to call to set it up.
Thanks - that's what I feared/thought!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Does promo count checking out Feb 1st?

I will be checking out Feb 1st - will it count for this promo?

I noticed the many questions asking about Dia matching or challenge. I remember reading many post in Dec that swored off Hyatt or not willing to go the extra few stays to requalify for Diamond. Lots of second guessing now

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jan 27, 2012 at 8:08 am
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I will be checking out Feb 1st - will it count for this promo?
No it doesn't since you're not staying the night of 2/1.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:51 am

Hyatt Diamond expiring

My Diamond status expires at the end of next month. Does anyone know if they would let me in on a challenge to extend for another year with 12 stays in 60 days I've seen others talk about.

I'd like to start it now with the Costco rate still alive.

I do have Royal Ambassador status through this year but only Hilton Gold.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, SC, Avis PC, HH Gold, Hyatt DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by danray
My Diamond status expires at the end of next month. Does anyone know if they would let me in on a challenge to extend for another year with 12 stays in 60 days I've seen others talk about.

I'd like to start it now with the Costco rate still alive.

I do have Royal Ambassador status through this year but only Hilton Gold.
I'm in the same boat, but I just got shot down on my attempt. See below.
Dear Mr. Tomlin:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Thank you for your interest in continuing your participation in our Hyatt Gold Passport Loyalty program however at this time our department is not reviewing completed requirements for Hyatt Gold Passport Tier levels. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you need any further assistance.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

Pamela Tate

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Would like to know if anyone has been successful, or a better strategy to get the challenge.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cmtomlin
I'm in the same boat, but I just got shot down on my attempt. See below.
Dear Mr. Tomlin:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Thank you for your interest in continuing your participation in our Hyatt Gold Passport Loyalty program however at this time our department is not reviewing completed requirements for Hyatt Gold Passport Tier levels. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you need any further assistance.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

Pamela Tate

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Would like to know if anyone has been successful, or a better strategy to get the challenge.
Did you have status with another Hotel chain? If so, did you ask for a trial? I'm surprised to see that you got rejected since others got the trial this month
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, SC, Avis PC, HH Gold, Hyatt DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
Did you have status with another Hotel chain? If so, did you ask for a trial? I'm surprised to see that you got rejected since others got the trial this month
Gold with HH & SPG. I'll still make Diamond with stays, but it won't be until late in 2012.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I just requested and was approved for a Diamond Challenge yesterday. My account reflected the new status today. I also received 4 suite upgrades (very generous) which has an expiration date of 2/29/12. I know the upgrades will be valid beyond that date but I will only have 2 1/2 weeks to make my reservations before the upgrades expires. Is this normal? I am new to Hyatt but seriously considering moving some stays over from Hilton.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by wilp888
I just requested and was approved for a Diamond Challenge yesterday. My account reflected the new status today. I also received 4 suite upgrades (very generous) which has an expiration date of 2/29/12. I know the upgrades will be valid beyond that date but I will only have 2 1/2 weeks to make my reservations before the upgrades expires. Is this normal? I am new to Hyatt but seriously considering moving some stays over from Hilton.
You should get another set of 4 suite upgrades in March which will expire 2/28/13.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by peteropny
You should get another set of 4 suite upgrades in March which will expire 2/28/13.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:52 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by wilp888
You can also apply the upgrade certs to a reservation after 2-29-12, but the reservation must be booked by this date, and no changes can be made to the dates.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
Do you get 4 upgrades when starting the trial and 4 more when completing it?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by rookiecz
Do you get 4 upgrades when starting the trial and 4 more when completing it?
Nope! Just 4 when just starting the trial.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:48 am

What will Hyatt status match for Priority Club Platinum Elite? Would it be Platinum or Diamond?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
What will Hyatt status match for Priority Club Platinum Elite? Would it be Platinum or Diamond?
They match to Diamond

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.