Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:49 am
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Sorry if this may have been asked before but cant find the info. If I use my account to book cash+points bookings for others while doing the challenge, would that count towards completing the 12 night Diamond challenge requirement?

I'm planning a 6 night trip to Andaz Maui where would be needing 2 rooms all with points+cash, where I'd stay in one room and my parents in law in the other.
Or is it allowed for both rooms to be booked in my name only and then I'd be credited for all 12 units purchased?
Yes to the first, no to the second.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:14 am

Thanks!

My next question would be if I use the suite upgrade at Andaz Maui given for the diamond challenge, and I have only enough points to cover 5 out of 6 nights for the points + cash booking, meaning (5*12,500) * (2 rooms) = 150,000 hyatt points, and for the 6th night I'd use my vouchers given for 2 Chase free night certificates, would the hotel likely allow us to stay in the suite for the 6th night even though is booked separately and using a free voucher?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:33 am

Thanks!

My next question would be if I use the suite upgrade at Andaz Maui given for the diamond challenge, and I have only enough points to cover 5 out of 6 nights for the points + cash booking, meaning (5*12,500) * (2 rooms) = 150,000 hyatt points, and for the 6th night I'd use my vouchers given for 2 Chase free night certificates, would the hotel likely allow us to stay in the suite for the 6th night even though is booked separately and using a free voucher?
Technically no, although I assume the hotel would try to keep you in the room if they had suites available.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry if this may have been asked before but cant find the info
It's been asked many, many times.....no to both, although the first might work occasionally but double rooms never count as double night credit with Hyatt.

It would surely be nice to see a question once in a while were people wouldn't be trying to "cheat" the very generous Diamond Challenge requirements. Be gratefull for the free breakfasts and the suite upgrades and don't be greedy.

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 30, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
It's been asked many, many times.....no to both, although the first might work occasionally but double rooms never count as double night credit with Hyatt.

It would surely be nice to see a question once in a while were people wouldn't be trying to "cheat" the very generous Diamond Challenge requirements. Be gratefull for the free breakfasts and the suite upgrades and don't be greedy.
^^^this.

I'm hoping to see changes in the program where suite upgrades are only provided if the challenge is completed.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'm getting ready to dive in. Once I'm officially enrolled in the trial, do I have to do anything to update/refresh my new status on reservations that I've already made? Or is it automatic?

As a newbie to this thread, I'd like to thanks the veterans for all your help. Please do recognize that the thread is almost 4 years old and nearly 1800 posts. It's reasonable to expect folks to read the first page and the last few, but not the entirety. The wiki is incomplete and out of date. If there's a question repeated often enough to become an annoyance, perhaps adding it to a Q&A section in the wiki could cut down on the repetition.

Last edited by swag; Jul 30, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As soon as your challenge is accepted and your status has changed your reservations will reflect that. No need to do anything. If you have a stay right after your status is changed you could contact the hotel, but they will see your status at check-in.

And nobody expects that all 1800 posts are read. It's just that, at least that is how it is for me, it sometimes gets tiresome to see all the questions on how to game the system even on those measly 12 nights . The GP website is pretty good to find out what the Diamond benefits are and where they end...

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 30, 2014 at 3:08 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by swag
I'm getting ready to dive in. Once I'm officially enrolled in the trial, do I have to do anything to update/refresh my new status on reservations that I've already made? Or is it automatic?

As a newbie to this thread, I'd like to thanks the veterans for all your help. Please do recognize that the thread is almost 4 years old and nearly 1800 posts. It's reasonable to expect folks to read the first page and the last few, but not the entirety. The wiki is incomplete and out of date. If there's a question repeated often enough to become an annoyance, perhaps adding it to a Q&A section in the wiki could cut down on the repetition.
No one expects folks to read all 120 pages of this thread, but your question was answered just 7 pages back by the forum moderator, no less!

I agree with your comments about the wiki, and also like your suggestion about adding a Q&A...^
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
Not sure that I have seen this data point in here, so thought I would share...

I completed my challenge on 7/12, and received my Diamond card/welcome package in the mail on 7/28.
How long did it take after your last qualifying stay before your extended status was reflected online? So far there's no change in my July 31 Diamond termination date following a twelfth stay on July 26, which was credited by the 28th.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Explore
How long did it take after your last qualifying stay before your extended status was reflected online? So far there's no change in my July 31 Diamond termination date following a twelfth stay on July 26, which was credited by the 28th.
What i did was to email HGP once I complete the 12 nights is shown on my account. They replied after about 12 hours or so, now it's showing Feb 2016!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Accor, SPGCorp, BA, Virgin
Looks like I'm going to miss the challenge. I made the mistake of booking a 5 night stay through my usual travel agent in the UK. Turns out this booking doesn't count as the travel agent went through a wholesale company to get the room.

I got to hotel, and upgraded room at front desk ( paid for by me). Turns out this doesn't count either and only rooms booked via Hyatt website seem to count.

The experience was very nice though and I intend to stay at Hyatts a lot more. I still can't believe how generous Hyatt are though as apparently the suite upgrades stay until Feb 2015.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Explore
I completed the challenge on 7/12, and my extended status was updated 7/14.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I applied for the Hyatt Diamond Trial last night, based on my Marriott Rewards Gold status, and a change in corporate travel policy. This morning I received the following message:

Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points.

If you have any questions regarding your account or anything relating to Hyatt Gold Passport, please let me know.

From the time of receiving this message, my status was updated and the suite update certificates posted to my account in less than two hours. I am impressed!

I had twelve nights of stays already planned for the trial period, but a business trip next month was cancelled this morning. Am I likely to be penalized if I check into a hotel on a Friday night, check out Monday morning, but stay home for the weekend?

Cheers!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alanro
Am I likely to be penalized if I check into a hotel on a Friday night, check out Monday morning, but stay home for the weekend?
Cheers!
You just need to check in in-person. Check out can be done via web check out or call the front desk.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by aglp2k
You just need to check in in-person. Check out can be done via web check out or call the front desk.
Excellent, thank you. I'm new to mattress runs, and checking in without boarding the flight is not really an option when I'm on a mileage run...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.