Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:23 pm

Will the stays booked under FHR eligible towards the status challenge nights?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anchor79
Will the stays booked under FHR eligible towards the status challenge nights?
To my knowledge FHR stays will be credited.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jyeunggg
In my experience their customer serv is pretty decent (imo) with turnaround times for e-mail. Typically within a few hrs, but I think the longest I've gone w/o a response is maybe 12 hrs?

In regards to what the e-mail states, I was told by rep that it was 60 days, even though the e-mail seems to state otherwise. Like I said though, it refers to the time your status is extended to you for taking part in the challenge, but from what I've been told and what I've read, you have 60 days . If they grant you status through Feb 2016, then that's great, and let us know!
[data point] Communicated with custom service through emails. They requested a copy of email Hyatt sent me that indicates the deadline was July 31, which I did. Now my diamond status has been extended Feb 2016. ^
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:30 pm

Do My Elite rates or the Asian flash sale nights count?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joetro
Do My Elite rates or the Asian flash sale nights count?
Any paid rate booked with Hyatt counts. Even Points and Cash.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:52 am

Does anyone know if the 5 night stay credit that you get for spending 20k on the Hyatt Visa can be used to count toward the Diamond Challenge trial? Like if you theoretically spent 18k, then started your diamond trial, and then hit the last 2k somewhere in those 60 days...Would those 5 night credits count against the 12 nights you need to qualify? Thereby leaving only 7 nights remaining?

The verbiage in the wiki/terms doesn't seem to specifically allow OR disallow it so I'm really not sure what to think. Does the credit count as a paid stays? Its not technically a "free" night stay either, so its kind of a weird gray area. Has anyone had any personal experience with this?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tnguyen29
Does anyone know if the 5 night stay credit that you get for spending 20k on the Hyatt Visa can be used to count toward the Diamond Challenge trial?
You haven't done your homework, as this has been asked and answeed many times in this topic.

The answer is still no.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:40 am

Admittedly, you're right, I could have tried harder. I only read about 10 or 12 pages back. But I did also try to use the Search but my search terms yielded way too many vague, unrelated results, so I sort of gave up.

Originally Posted by RTW1
The challenge can be used in combination with all other offers. For the airline promo and the 6k bonus it might be best to credit points first and then contact GP to transfer to miles.
I had a feeling the answer would be no...however, in my attempted research I did see a few posts like this gave me a glimmer of hope to ask anyway. At least I have my answer now, thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The offers I was referring to were the different room rates, offers for additional points and the options you have for crediting points.

It's quite clear that credit card spend doesn't count for the challenge, just like that Mlife stays do not count for the challenge. The qualifications for the challenge are simply more limited than the criteria to achieve regular Diamond status.

It's really wishfull thinking to expect the very generous offer for 12 nights in 60 days to become even more easy to achieve for those clearly having no interest in actual staying but just in getting free (or nearly free) benefits.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:44 am

It was wishful thinking indeed. I did say I expected the answer to be no, but your post gave me just a glimmer of hope. So still a long shot, but doesnt hurt to ask.

Anyway, thanks for the reply/clarification. To be honest I don't even have a Hyatt card or anything yet, I'm just trying to do some preliminary research on which hotel chain it would be easiest to achieve status in
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tnguyen29
It was wishful thinking indeed. I did say I expected the answer to be no, but your post gave me just a glimmer of hope. So still a long shot, but doesnt hurt to ask.
And since the challenge is somewhat of a personal offer you won't find any mention of qualifications it in the T&C's..... but that's what this thread is for.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Sent an email yesterday for a trial based on my HH Diamond. Received my trial in less than 24 hours ^

Quick question - if I fail to complete 12 nights within the 60 day period, do the suite upgrades also expire at the end of that 60 day period? (apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by colcha
Sent an email yesterday for a trial based on my HH Diamond. Received my trial in less than 24 hours ^

Quick question - if I fail to complete 12 nights within the 60 day period, do the suite upgrades also expire at the end of that 60 day period? (apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer).
Nope I'm pretty sure they're still good!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colcha
The suite upgrades expire on the expiration date that's written on them.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Accor, SPGCorp, BA, Virgin
Diamond Challenge

Just spend a lovely two weeks in the US attempting the Hyatt Challenge. Only managed five nights in the end but paid to stay in the Presidential Suite of a Hyatt Regency. Ended up paying over $3000 including eating at hotel etc so would have easily met the challenge if staying at a Hyatt Place ( $100/ night for 12 nights) but time was against me and I had booked other hotels for my three week visit ( independent I'd heard good things about, and Hilton, where my challenge came from)

Anyway, will say that Hyatt is a phenominal chain. There doesn't tend to be many in Europe, where I mainly travel, but I do come to US one of two times a year so will certainly look around for Hyatts when my current Hiltons are in the same location.

Was the diamond status worth it in a presidential suite? I got bottle of wine and free nuts. Access to concierge was included in the suite. I did get late checkout but not sure if that would be included too. So probably, if you book suites, you don't need diamond but it was nice. The additional four suite upgrades are a superb benefit for future use but understand these may be for standard suites.

The biggest benefit was actually the check in line. Very long line for usual check on but platinum / diamond has separate area. Unfortunately, without diamond, I wouldn't qualify and actually, standing in line is something I'd prefer not to do.

So Hyatt. Could you perhaps take a new look at status and as well as doing nights and stays, how about a dollar spend option? Your partner, MLife, does this ( the more your gamble, the higher the status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.