Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:06 pm
Used to be hamajicky

My email said the same thing--I started it on June 12 and it said I had until August 31 to stay 12 nights.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:11 pm

In my experience their customer serv is pretty decent (imo) with turnaround times for e-mail. Typically within a few hrs, but I think the longest I've gone w/o a response is maybe 12 hrs?

In regards to what the e-mail states, I was told by rep that it was 60 days, even though the e-mail seems to state otherwise. Like I said though, it refers to the time your status is extended to you for taking part in the challenge, but from what I've been told and what I've read, you have 60 days . If they grant you status through Feb 2016, then that's great, and let us know!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by jyeunggg
In regards to what the e-mail states, I was told by rep that it was 60 days, even though the e-mail seems to state otherwise. Like I said though, it refers to the time your status is extended to you for taking part in the challenge, but from what I've been told and what I've read, you have 60 days . If they grant you status through Feb 2016, then that's great, and let us know!
It is sixty days. It's been discussed at length that it's sixty days. It's in the wiki that it's sixty days. It's in the actual terms and conditions that it's sixty days. If there was any confusion (and I don't know how there could be considering this thread is always on the first page), the poster should have clarified with Hyatt directly.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
If there was any confusion (and I don't know how there could be considering this thread is always on the first page)
I know how there could be. The email he got said July 31st.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:37 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by rharrigill
^
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by rharrigill
I know that it's supposed to be 60 days but some challenge confirmations went out stating end of the month following the 60 days time frame - clearly it is a mistake on Hyatt's part. However, Hyatt has been very good at honoring their mistakes. I'm sure that it will be honored - please contact our GoldPassportConcierge here on Flyertalk if you have a problem and I'm sure it will be corrected - you may have to forward the email to them though.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:31 pm

For the status matching, how recent is the required activity on the competitor' program? I had platinum with spg, but haven't stayed there for a long time (1+ year) so my recent statement showed no activity at all, can I still request match?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is Las Vegas hotel such as Aria, Excalibur count as qualify nights. Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
For the status matching, how recent is the required activity on the competitor' program? I had platinum with spg, but haven't stayed there for a long time (1+ year) so my recent statement showed no activity at all, can I still request match?
Directly from the Wiki on the first page of this thread:

"Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing."
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jyeunggg
In my experience their customer serv is pretty decent (imo) with turnaround times for e-mail. Typically within a few hrs, but I think the longest I've gone w/o a response is maybe 12 hrs?
I haven't heard from them for more than 24 hours. Hopefully I will get their response tomorrow. Otherwise I would call. Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
I know that it's supposed to be 60 days but some challenge confirmations went out stating end of the month following the 60 days time frame - clearly it is a mistake on Hyatt's part. However, Hyatt has been very good at honoring their mistakes. I'm sure that it will be honored - please contact our GoldPassportConcierge here on Flyertalk if you have a problem and I'm sure it will be corrected - you may have to forward the email to them though.
Is our GoldPassportConcierge on Flyertalk a staff of Hyatt Inc? Thanks for the info. I will do if I haven't heard from Hyatt custom service tomorrow.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
It is sixty days. It's been discussed at length that it's sixty days. It's in the wiki that it's sixty days. It's in the actual terms and conditions that it's sixty days. If there was any confusion (and I don't know how there could be considering this thread is always on the first page), the poster should have clarified with Hyatt directly.

Directly from the OP, post# 1737:

Originally Posted by light02
I started my challenge on May 16 and finished 12 eligible nights on July 19. My question is whether Diamond status will be upgraded to Feb 2016? I know this is 60 day challenge. But I received the email confirmation when I enrolled into this challenge which indicates "To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014."
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by light02
Is our GoldPassportConcierge on Flyertalk a staff of Hyatt Inc? Thanks for the info. I will do if I haven't heard from Hyatt custom service tomorrow.
Yes they are the social media team at Hyatt.

Originally Posted by pviri
Is Las Vegas hotel such as Aria, Excalibur count as qualify nights. Thanks
No they are normally stay credit eligible but not for the purposes of the challenge qualification.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the answer
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes they are the social media team at Hyatt.

No they are normally stay credit eligible but not for the purposes of the challenge qualification.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by gordonlee33
What is the end date for this current challenge? (Last day to start it) I have a bunch of stays coming up in late Oct and Nov and I want to start it as late as possible.
I emailed them this morning to start my trial. In their response, it said I need to register for the trial by Oct 31, 2014. But as another poster mentioned, this promo could be pulled early.

Maybe just email them now to inquire about it, but don't actually send in your matched status info until you are ready to get started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.