Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: whitesol
Wiki Link
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jul 20, 14, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
They don't publish that, it's an offer that can be amended instantly. But I doubt you will have any problems applying for in the next few months.
Someone commented on a blog post on View From the Wing that Hyatt told him they would not accept Hilton Gold and that they would only match "top tier."

Take that for what you will but I guess it's a good sign we haven't heard too many other reports of this.
Old Jul 20, 14, 9:17 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
I understand I can't book 2 rooms at the same hotel for 3 nights each and get 6 night credits toward the challenge. But what if I booked three nights at hotel #1 and the same three nights at hotel #2? Would it work then?
Old Jul 20, 14, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by crimson12 View Post
I understand I can't book 2 rooms at the same hotel for 3 nights each and get 6 night credits toward the challenge. But what if I booked three nights at hotel #1 and the same three nights at hotel #2? Would it work then?
Nope.
Old Jul 20, 14, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Hyatt "Giggity-Giggity", DL Silver, UA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by kenbo View Post
Someone commented on a blog post on View From the Wing that Hyatt told him they would not accept Hilton Gold and that they would only match "top tier."
I got matched last fall from Hilton gold.
Old Jul 20, 14, 1:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN CP
And I got the opportunity to challenge in June from the same.
Old Jul 21, 14, 10:39 am

I just sent the email for status match with my hilton Gold.

I will report back.

I am aiming to get it for September hawaii honeymoon.
Old Jul 21, 14, 2:10 pm

I indeed did get the status match through email for my hilton gold still.
Old Jul 21, 14, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by thebill0322 View Post
I indeed did get the status match through email for my hilton gold still.
Nice! Thanks for the current data point.
Old Jul 21, 14, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by jasonz9238 View Post
I had the diamond trial a year ago and I wasn't able to complete it. Will hyatt allow a diamond trial again on my account or is it YMMV depending on the rep?
unlikely imo
Old Jul 21, 14, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by jasonz9238 View Post
I had the diamond trial a year ago and I wasn't able to complete it. Will hyatt allow a diamond trial again on my account or is it YMMV depending on the rep?
As long as the old trial was before the current "trial season" started, i.e. May 2014, you are able to sign up again for this year's trial even if you have tried and failed a previous Diamond Trial.
Old Jul 21, 14, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo View Post
I just got the Hyatt status match using my Hilton Gold last week. Going to the Vendome next week so I'm hoping they let me use the breakfast benefit for both rooms I booked.
Old Jul 22, 14, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
I started my challenge on May 16 and finished 12 eligible nights on July 19. My question is whether Diamond status will be upgraded to Feb 2016? I know this is 60 day challenge. But I received the email confirmation when I enrolled into this challenge which indicates "To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014." I would have done my last 2 nights earlier if my confirmation email had clearly specified within 60 days.

My status has not been updated yet. I have sent an email to Gold Passport Program, but have not got any feedback yet.
Old Jul 22, 14, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by light02 View Post
I started my challenge on May 16 and finished 12 eligible nights on July 19. My question is whether Diamond status will be upgraded to Feb 2016? I know this is 60 day challenge. But I received the email confirmation when I enrolled into this challenge which indicates "To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014." I would have done my last 2 nights earlier if my confirmation email had clearly specified within 60 days.

My status has not been updated yet. I have sent an email to Gold Passport Program, but have not got any feedback yet.
If that's what your email says, then I would call them after your nights post to your account.
Old Jul 22, 14, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by light02 View Post

Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, I think you've missed to boat on this one. The eligible period for those 12 stays is 60 days from your start date, but I believe the diamond status is granted to you until the end of the month that those 60 days ends (July).
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jyeunggg View Post
Unfortunately, unless I'm mistaken, I think you've missed to boat on this one. The eligible period for those 12 stays is 60 days from your start date, but I believe the diamond status is granted to you until the end of the month that those 60 days ends (July).
Thanks. My email says before July 31, 2014. Otherwise, I would have finished within 30 days. My current diamond status shows it will ends on July 31. I sent an email to confirm already. No replies yet. Normally, how soon will the custom service respond?

Search this Thread