Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
In part, the wiki indicates: Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.. Can the stay be an award stay or does it have to be a paid stay? After reading a few blog articles it looks like YMMV on this point.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 6, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
In part, the wiki indicates: Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.. Can the stay be an award stay or does it have to be a paid stay? After reading a few blog articles it looks like YMMV on this point.
i recently applied for the challenge and i only had one (award) stay at IHG and it worked. i didn't event submit a statement per sey, it was just a screen shot of the account showing the stay, status, name .
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:07 pm

One more data point on applying for the diamond challenge. Emailed Hyatt with a screen shot of my 1 stay and Hilton Gold status on July 2nd. Got a response the next morning, July 3rd, with the details of the challenge and whether I wanted to participate. I responded later that afternoon that I wanted to enroll and the following morning, July 4th, I received an email saying I was enrolled. About an hour after receiving that email, my online account was reading diamond and my 4 suite upgrades were in my account.

Pretty smooth.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:13 am

Does Hyatt Visa Credit Card Spend count towards Diamond TRIAL Status Match

Hmmm. So, if you’re taking part in the Hyatt Diamond trial status match and you have to stay 12 nights within 60 days, my question is if you open the Hyatt credit card and spend $40,000 to get those 10 nights through card spend, do those 10 nights stays you received via credit card spend count towards the 12 night stay?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by lynnanne133
Hmmm. So, if you’re taking part in the Hyatt Diamond trial status match and you have to stay 12 nights within 60 days, my question is if you open the Hyatt credit card and spend $40,000 to get those 10 nights through card spend, do those 10 nights stays you received via credit card spend count towards the 12 night stay?
Doesn't appear so, check out this post earlier in the thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22841628-post1432.html
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
i recently applied for the challenge and i only had one (award) stay at IHG and it worked. i didn't event submit a statement per sey, it was just a screen shot of the account showing the stay, status, name .
Originally Posted by MrBill64
One more data point on applying for the diamond challenge. Emailed Hyatt with a screen shot of my 1 stay and Hilton Gold status on July 2nd. Got a response the next morning, July 3rd, with the details of the challenge and whether I wanted to participate. I responded later that afternoon that I wanted to enroll and the following morning, July 4th, I received an email saying I was enrolled. About an hour after receiving that email, my online account was reading diamond and my 4 suite upgrades were in my account.

Pretty smooth.
Good news. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MrBill64

Pretty smooth.
This is exactly the way it went for me as well. Even the dates are the same!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
This weekend will mark the end of the Diamond challenge, with the last 2 nights at the GH Singapore again (a total of 6 nights/12 there).

Will be looking forward to have the Diamond membership extended till 02/16.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I finished my last stay on Monday night for my challenge and it posted to my account today so I sent an e-mail to the HGP email that I arranged my Challenge and they stated I only had 11. I emailed back the receipt for my last stay (which was one night) and have not heard back or seen a change in the ending of my Diamond Status.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:27 am

If I start the Diamond challenge, can I immediately status match to mlife platinum while in the challenge, or is this only possible with the "real" Diamond status?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry if this was already mentioned but did not find any information with the search and 114 pages takes a while to read.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by elgato
If I start the Diamond challenge, can I immediately status match to mlife platinum while in the challenge, or is this only possible with the "real" Diamond status?
You are a "real" Diamond while on the challenge, with all privileges thereof. It is just a real Diamond status with a short expiration date.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by hailstorm
You are a "real" Diamond while on the challenge, with all privileges thereof. It is just a real Diamond status with a short expiration date.
How do we go about status match to mlife ?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Have you tried looking at the Hyatt website.....http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...ort/mlife.html
Old Jul 13, 2014, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tdrag97
How do we go about status match to mlife ?
Here is a really helpful site for queries such as this:

http://bit.ly/1nuFcgK
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've read the wiki and the last several pages but didn't see an answer. Are there any issues setting up the challenge for a specified future start date? I emailed today to request the challenge, asking for an 8/01 start date. I included my Marriott screenshots showing my PLT status and stays. The reply I got said:

Thank you for sending your Marriott Statement. I would like to inform you that in order to maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel within 60 days of enrollment.
I would request you to please let me know if you agree with the Terms and Conditions of the Diamond trial membership offer, so that I can go ahead and enroll you in the offer.

But nothing about the start date. Should I reply and re-request the Aug 1 date? Or should I wait until 8/1 to reply to the email accepting the T&C?

I expect my first stay will begin 8/04, and to get the 12th night sometime TBD in September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.