Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In my experience properties know your current status and act accordingly. Only if you have achieved status just before a stay a gentle reminder might be to your advantage since some properties allocate rooms a day or maybe two in advance.

For the rest it's an automated process...
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:43 pm

I have received my Diamond package today before completing the challenge. Good until 2016.

This isn't normal, is it? Not that I am complaining.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They must really value your business :-).
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by mlqsko
I have received my Diamond package today before completing the challenge. Good until 2016.

This isn't normal, is it? Not that I am complaining.
Can you give us some data points? How many stays did you complete? How quickly did you get the package after signing up for the challenge? Any other info?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I could swear that I read somewhere in one of the threads that discusses achieving Diamond status that it is a wise idea to contact Hyatt to make sure that they have your Diamond status in your reservations after you reach it. I believe I read that Hyatt reservations shows your status based on when you made the reservation and not your current status.

Is this right or am I mistaken and confusing this with something else?

I just don't want to be a dork and call Hyatt to ask them about this and have them be mystified about my phone call...I'd like to act my status with them, if possible
I wouldn't be ashamed of calling Hyatt with novice Diamond questions. In general, I have found Gold Passport phone agents to be friendly and willing to answer very basic inquiries in a friendly manner.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I could swear that I read somewhere in one of the threads that discusses achieving Diamond status that it is a wise idea to contact Hyatt to make sure that they have your Diamond status in your reservations after you reach it. I believe I read that Hyatt reservations shows your status based on when you made the reservation and not your current status.

Is this right or am I mistaken and confusing this with something else?

I just don't want to be a dork and call Hyatt to ask them about this and have them be mystified about my phone call...I'd like to act my status with them, if possible
You read correctly - it used to be that status gets attached at reservation and not updated. Recent reports though seem to indicate that status is correctly reflected at checkin. So probably no need to call especially for run of the mill properties where Diamond gets you club access / breakfast since these can be added to any room. However, if your stay is at a property where Diamonds usually get a much better room than non Diamonds, it couldn't hurt to call.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
You read correctly - it used to be that status gets attached at reservation and not updated. Recent reports though seem to indicate that status is correctly reflected at checkin.
I can confirm that Hyatt customer reps told me the system will update automatically regardless of when you made the reservation.

I did the status match May 1, 2014 and had several reservations already in the system from before I was diamond. When I called in, they checked my reservations and told me my new status had automatically updated and no additional action was necessary.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:04 am

hi guys, sorry if this is similar to another question...

just signed up for the diamond challenge...
i got an upcoming stay at the andaz Maui for 5 nights (2 cash and points , 2 chase certificates and one full points).

my understanding i will be treated like a diamond...which i will receive full breakfast offering for that time.

my question is about using the suite upgrade. i read its only to 'paid' stays so that would count toward my two cash and points? what about the 3 other nights?

what is the best way to take advantage of the diamond challenge for my upcoming stay?

thanks,
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
my question is about using the suite upgrade. i read its only to 'paid' stays so that would count toward my two cash and points? what about the 3 other nights?
What do you think? ;-).

There's alway a chance they will let you stay in the same room/suite, but don't count on it...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
What do you think? ;-).

There's alway a chance they will let you stay in the same room/suite, but don't count on it...
according to my current reservation, my 'paid' cash+ points come at the beginning and at end of my stay.

should i call reservation and shuffle the paid rooms together? i guess i want to up my chances to the best as i can...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I highly doubt that with only 2 paid out of 5 nights you will get a suite for 5 nights. But you can always try, especially when there is low occupancy. You will only get a confirmed suite upgrade for 2 when the paid nights are concurrent...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
You read correctly - it used to be that status gets attached at reservation and not updated. Recent reports though seem to indicate that status is correctly reflected at checkin. So probably no need to call especially for run of the mill properties where Diamond gets you club access / breakfast since these can be added to any room. However, if your stay is at a property where Diamonds usually get a much better room than non Diamonds, it couldn't hurt to call.
Thank you for the follow-up! I've got three really nice stays coming up at the PH Tokyo and HR Kyoto later this year, and PH Vendome next summer so I may call just to put the voices in my head to rest

Thrilled that I've switched from Starwood -- Hyatt's program is just so much better!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I just got confirmation of my Diamond Challenge, but it said that (after passing the challenge) my status would expire Feb 2015. Do you think it was a typo (maybe a copy and paste from a previous email from earlier in the year)? I was expecting Feb 2016, as others have reported lately, and as I expected based on how challenges work with other programs.

By the way, some have reported that their tier status already said it would expire Feb 2016, but mine says Aug 2014.

edit: I emailed Hyatt CS and they responded with a few minutes (wow) that it should be Feb 2016.

Last edited by BigE; Jul 2, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by BigE
I just got confirmation of my Diamond Challenge, but it said that (after passing the challenge) my status would expire Feb 2015. Do you think it was a typo (maybe a copy and paste from a previous email from earlier in the year)? I was expecting Feb 2016, as others have reported lately, and as I expected based on how challenges work with other programs.
I got the same typo. Just write back politely inquiring about that date. I got a response confirming the mistake in writing.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BigE

By the way, some have reported that their tier status already said it would expire Feb 2016, but mine says Aug 2014.
Yes, its been documented in this thread that the CS reps use a "template" to send the confirmation emails (which is why there are incorrect dates, and also varying messages in terms of "complete the challenge in 60 days" and "complete the challenge by X date").

I shared my same experience in this thread, and simply called to have HGP send a new email stating Feb 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.