Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 14, 8:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: whitesol
Wiki Link
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jun 23, 14, 3:26 am
  #1666  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CPT
Programs: BA BD SA
Posts: 4,379
Oh dear. It seems that through not reading this thread properly I may have suffered from premature status matching. (That's what happens when you get over excited... or so I'm told.) I will now complete 12 nights stay within my Diamond status window but not within 60 days of obtaining it.

What is confusing is that I received a mail urging me to take advantage of my new status. But first it says:
Don't forget to take advantage of Diamond membership during your 60-day trial period.
Well, that's clear enough. But later on in the same mail it says:
To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014.
Is there a glimmer of hope here? My 60 days will be up more than 2 weeks before July 31.

Guess I will have to wait and see. Would be a pity if I miss out because of a miscalculation. I was rather hoping this would be the start of a beautiful relationship with Hyatt.
Cheetah_SA is offline  
Old Jun 23, 14, 3:35 am
  #1667  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 13,859
If that's what your mail says, then that's the deal that Hyatt should honor.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Jun 23, 14, 8:30 am
  #1668  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,220
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
Oh dear. It seems that through not reading this thread properly I may have suffered from premature status matching. (That's what happens when you get over excited... or so I'm told.) I will now complete 12 nights stay within my Diamond status window but not within 60 days of obtaining it.

What is confusing is that I received a mail urging me to take advantage of my new status. But first it says:

Well, that's clear enough. But later on in the same mail it says:

Is there a glimmer of hope here? My 60 days will be up more than 2 weeks before July 31.

Guess I will have to wait and see. Would be a pity if I miss out because of a miscalculation. I was rather hoping this would be the start of a beautiful relationship with Hyatt.
I think that Hyatt will honor what is stated in their email even though it's an error - they're usually very good at honoring what they have stated. Keep the email to forward to them though.
peteropny is offline  
Old Jun 23, 14, 4:25 pm
  #1669  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Suite Upgrades

Hi All:

My apologies if this has been answered in this thread already... I just sent my email requesting the challenge and received a response (below) which makes no mention of the 4 suite upgrades you get during the challenge. Is this something Hyatt is no longer offering during the challenge?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Thank you for including a screenshot of your Hilton Gold status. Please let us know if the conditions are acceptable and we will be be glad to proceed with the enrollment. Your 60-day Diamond trial will begin on the date of enrollment in the offer.

To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel within 60 days of enrollment. You will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel within the 60 days of enrollment, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points. For a full list of Diamond benefits, please visit www.goldpassport.com .
jhd142 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 14, 7:10 pm
  #1670  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL FO, UA Silver, IHG Spire IC, MR Gold, RCL D+, X Elite
Posts: 3,220
I'm a recent signup for the challenge too. The upgrades are showing up in my account.
MJonTravel is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 12:53 am
  #1671  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus (SAS) Diamond, BAEC Silver
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by jhd142 View Post
Hi All:

My apologies if this has been answered in this thread already... I just sent my email requesting the challenge and received a response (below) which makes no mention of the 4 suite upgrades you get during the challenge. Is this something Hyatt is no longer offering during the challenge?

Thanks in advance!
You will get the suite upgrades, don't worry. It can take a day or two before you see them on your account though.
FlugE is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 6:50 am
  #1672  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: CPT
Programs: BA BD SA
Posts: 4,379
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
If that's what your mail says, then that's the deal that Hyatt should honor.
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
I think that Hyatt will honor what is stated in their email even though it's an error - they're usually very good at honoring what they have stated. Keep the email to forward to them though.
Thanks, good people. I will hope for the best and gently remind them of their mail should the status not stick after my stays.
Cheetah_SA is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 9:56 am
  #1673  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Hyatt House

Thank you guys for your responses to my question about the Suite Upgrades.. I have one more question, if you could be so kind to provide guidance...

If I were to stay at a Hyatt House as a diamond member, which I presume doesn't have a club level, do I still get the bonus 1,000 points? Or is that only rewarded at hotels that do have the club when the club is unavailable?

Thanks!
jhd142 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 10:57 am
  #1674  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by jhd142 View Post
Thank you guys for your responses to my question about the Suite Upgrades.. I have one more question, if you could be so kind to provide guidance...

If I were to stay at a Hyatt House as a diamond member, which I presume doesn't have a club level, do I still get the bonus 1,000 points? Or is that only rewarded at hotels that do have the club when the club is unavailable?

Thanks!
I think you are confusing three different things

1000 bonus points per stay for the first 6during the challenge
1000 bonus points as a diamond amenity in lieu of welcome snacks
2500 bonus points if the club is unavailable ( does not include house or place afaik)

Last edited by whitesol; Jun 24, 14 at 2:55 pm
whitesol is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 11:01 am
  #1675  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Welcome Snakes!? I never got any of those!

Haha j/k

I just completed my diamond challenge! Status through Feb. 2016 woohoo!


Anyways...for anyone considering the challenge, your benefits as a diamond are pretty clearly stated on the Hyatt GP website...(and in the wiki at the top of this forum..)

You're a diamond (including DSU) while you are on the challenge and the only difference outside of that is the 1k pts for the first 6 nights.

Last edited by jyeunggg; Jun 24, 14 at 11:06 am
jyeunggg is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 12:36 pm
  #1676  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 2,036
Originally Posted by jhd142 View Post
Thank you guys for your responses to my question about the Suite Upgrades.. I have one more question, if you could be so kind to provide guidance...

If I were to stay at a Hyatt House as a diamond member, which I presume doesn't have a club level, do I still get the bonus 1,000 points? Or is that only rewarded at hotels that do have the club when the club is unavailable?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by whitesol View Post
I think you are confusing three different things

1000 bonus points per stay for the first 6during the challenge
1000 bonus points as a diamond amenity in lieu of welcome snakes
2500 bonus points if the club is unavailable ( does not include house or place afaik)
The welcome amenity, while 1000 points at most Hyatts, is only 500 points at Hyatt House:
"at Hyatt House properties a choice of 500 bonus points or $5 credit in the Guest Market"
SFOPhD is offline  
Old Jun 24, 14, 2:56 pm
  #1677  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by jyeunggg View Post
Welcome Snakes!? I never got any of those!

Haha j/k

I just completed my diamond challenge! Status through Feb. 2016 woohoo!


Anyways...for anyone considering the challenge, your benefits as a diamond are pretty clearly stated on the Hyatt GP website...(and in the wiki at the top of this forum..)

You're a diamond (including DSU) while you are on the challenge and the only difference outside of that is the 1k pts for the first 6 nights.

You never got welcome snakes?!?! It's the only reason I stay with hyatt! The welcome geckos SPG gives aren't nearly as tasty.
whitesol is offline  
Old Jun 30, 14, 10:44 am
  #1678  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 16
Eligible vs ineligble rates conference rates

All,

I was about to sign up for the status match, as I have Marriott Gold, and will be staying a Hyatt property in August for over 2 weeks, but has a question about "eligible" stays. I will be attending a conference, and there is a conference rate-does that mean those stays don't count? Per promotion "“Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates including...contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time)."

Anyone use conference rates before?

Thank you in advance
cobyman is offline  
Old Jun 30, 14, 11:48 am
  #1679  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by cobyman View Post
All,

I was about to sign up for the status match, as I have Marriott Gold, and will be staying a Hyatt property in August for over 2 weeks, but has a question about "eligible" stays. I will be attending a conference, and there is a conference rate-does that mean those stays don't count? Per promotion "“Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates including...contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time)."

Anyone use conference rates before?

Thank you in advance
I have stayed with conference rates and had them count. When I asked the Gold Passport line about it, the rep indicated that 'contracted rooms' generally refers to situations where the rooms are booked and billed as a group rather than you booking & paying for it yourself.
worshipsf is offline  
Old Jun 30, 14, 12:36 pm
  #1680  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 574
I could swear that I read somewhere in one of the threads that discusses achieving Diamond status that it is a wise idea to contact Hyatt to make sure that they have your Diamond status in your reservations after you reach it. I believe I read that Hyatt reservations shows your status based on when you made the reservation and not your current status.

Is this right or am I mistaken and confusing this with something else?

I just don't want to be a dork and call Hyatt to ask them about this and have them be mystified about my phone call...I'd like to act my status with them, if possible
MDWCommuter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread