Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:24 am
Used to be hamajicky

I am thinking about signing up for the Diamond challenge. Now that we're post April 2014, I am wondering if I will get Diamond benefits (and suite upgrades) during the challenge?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Chalky White
I am thinking about signing up for the Diamond challenge. Now that we're post April 2014, I am wondering if I will get Diamond benefits (and suite upgrades) during the challenge?
I signed up post April 2014 (May 10ish) and got the suite upgrades.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:45 am
Used to be hamajicky

cool. what about the other stuff? breakfast, 30% point bonus?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:58 am

Yes, all of that--you get all the benefits of diamond status for 60 days(-ish). The terms of the new challenge, starting May 1, are exactly the same as the one that came before.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just have a look at the Wiki and the GP page that states the Diamond benefits... It's all in there.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:16 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by RTW1
Just have a look at the Wiki and the GP page that states the Diamond benefits... It's all in there.
Thanks for the replies. I did check the Wiki, but just wanted to make sure because the Wiki referenced an end date to sign up for the challenge of April 30, 2014.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:50 pm

I signed up for this offer but I'm not sure if I will have to reply to accept the offer
right now or I can wait until September since that's when I'm going on vacation
so I'll be using Hyatt program frequently at that time. The email Hyatt sent me was
you can register for our trial by October, 31, 2014. Does that mean that I can
reply and accept their offer by that date? Please explain this if anyone knows. Thank you.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You normally get a first email that there is indeed an offer with the qualifications needed. If you then provide your membership and stay details for a competing program your challenge is started. You will get a confirmation e-mail and your status is changed.

You can send your details anytime. What you can generally not to is specify a starting date.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
You normally get a first email that there is indeed an offer with the qualifications needed. If you then provide your membership and stay details for a competing program your challenge is started. You will get a confirmation e-mail and your status is changed.

You can send your details anytime. What you can generally not to is specify a starting date.
Thank you for a quick reply, here's what I received from them once I register the trial offer. Does this mean that I am qualified and can start enroll the offer anytime until October, 31?

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport and your interest in our Trial Tier membership offer.

Thank you for providing the screen shot of your Hilton Honors status. You Gold membership is acceptable to enroll into the Diamond Trial Offer. Please advise if the above conditions are acceptable to you so that I can proceed with your enrollment.

Currently, we have a Diamond trial membership offer, in which you can receive Diamond status, offering elite membership benefits. Register for our Trial Offer by October 31, 2014, and receive a 60-day trial Diamond membership.

Your 60-day Diamond trial will begin on the date of enrollment in the offer.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's exactly what it means... You still need to confirm that you want to start the challenge, and then it will.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamliners
Thank you for a quick reply, here's what I received from them once I register the trial offer. Does this mean that I am qualified and can start enroll the offer anytime until October, 31?

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport and your interest in our Trial Tier membership offer.

Thank you for providing the screen shot of your Hilton Honors status. You Gold membership is acceptable to enroll into the Diamond Trial Offer. Please advise if the above conditions are acceptable to you so that I can proceed with your enrollment.

Currently, we have a Diamond trial membership offer, in which you can receive Diamond status, offering elite membership benefits. Register for our Trial Offer by October 31, 2014, and receive a 60-day trial Diamond membership.

Your 60-day Diamond trial will begin on the date of enrollment in the offer.
I never received this e-mail after I sent my an e-mail asking if I would qualify, which inluded a screen shot of hilton status. Instead I received the e-mail below:

Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points.

If you have any questions regarding your account or anything relating to Hyatt Gold Passport, please let me know.
And then after I sent an e-mail stating I wasn't ready to enroll I only wanted to know if I would qualify I received the following response.

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I regret to inform you that we are not honoring the request for future date enrollments into the Diamond
Trial Offer.Members account will be enrolled into the trial offer as soon as the required documentation is received.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Thank you.
Sent IM on FT to Hyatt and hope they can sort this.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Diamond trial is pretty sweet. Stay at grand Hyatt C&P 6k+$100. Two nights got me suite upgrade without using DSU, Club and end of my stay got 5,200 points..

Diamond get all access to mini bar too right? Got two more stay oversea setting up
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by tdrag97
Diamond get all access to mini bar too right? Got two more stay oversea setting up
Nope, you're thinking of the InterContinental Royal Ambassador.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Nope, you're thinking of the InterContinental Royal Ambassador.
Exactly. Some suites in Germany does include minibar and Andaz the brand standard is free minibar except for alcohol.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BonVoy Titanium
Mlife stay issue during Diamond Challenge

I'm on the Diamond Challenge right now, and a Hyatt Gold Passport customer service agent just replied to an email indicating that stays at Mlife properties are not eligible for the 1,000 bonus points per night (as part of the first six nights bonus during the challenge), yet I've heard that other folks have successfully been able to get credit for Mlife property stays.

Any advice on how to reply so I get the proper credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.