Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an Eligible Rate shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. Ineligible Rates are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Old May 20, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by uneeq
Can I use a DSU from the diamond challenge on a stay during the 60 period? For example, if I had a stay on the 15th, emailed them to get it activated on the 10th or something, can I still apply the DSU for my stay on the 15th?
Yes. This same question was just answered several posts up (#1496)...
Old May 20, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Im doing the trial soon, and are already enrolled and booked 12 nights. A quick question about points: The 6000 points during the trial (1000 pr night), are those points in addition to the normal points earning? (5p pr 1US $ x 30% diamond)
Old May 20, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
Im doing the trial soon, and are already enrolled and booked 12 nights. A quick question about points: The 6000 points during the trial (1000 pr night), are those points in addition to the normal points earning? (5p pr 1US $ x 30% diamond)
Yes.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Yes.
Yes its in addition.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I accepted the trial on May 8. Got an email on May 15th that said this -

"To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more. "

I thought it was supposed to be within 60 days of enrollment. This would help me as I have 10 nights prior to July 8th and 2 later in July. I was thinking I would need to squeeze in another 2 nights prior to July 8th, but maybe not?
Old May 21, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by texdoc
I accepted the trial on May 8. Got an email on May 15th that said this -

"To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay 12 eligible nights by July 31, 2014. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more. "

I thought it was supposed to be within 60 days of enrollment. This would help me as I have 10 nights prior to July 8th and 2 later in July. I was thinking I would need to squeeze in another 2 nights prior to July 8th, but maybe not?
Wow, lucky you. Has anyone else had that?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I would be careful about email confirmations from HGP. It's well documented that you have 60 days from the date of enrollment to complete the 12 stays. There are quite a few posts in this thread indicating that Hyatt let's you maintain the Diamond status until the end of the second month (which for those that join in May, would be 7/31). Perhaps the agent that sent your confirm was misinformed.

As a very timely example; I was accepted into the challenge yesterday, and received the following (note it says Feb 2015 for Diamond status, which is wrong).

"Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2015, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points. "

I immediately called HGP, and was told that it was an error, and that sometimes the phone reps have their own/outdated templates (scary). My rep was kind enough to send me a new corrected confirm:

"Congratulations, you are now enrolled in Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond trial membership. Diamond trial membership offers you all the benefits and rewards of Diamond membership.

Your account now reflects as Diamond for the next sixty (60) days. To maintain your Diamond status through February 2016, simply stay twelve (12) eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel in the next 60 days. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on your first six (6) eligible nights, up to a maximum of 6,000 bonus points.

If you have any questions regarding your account or anything relating to Hyatt Gold Passport, please let me know.

Best Regards,"

Perhaps because you have it in writing they would honor it, but personally I wouldn't want to take the chance to find out...

In case it helps those that have been asking about timing...I emailed HGP yesterday morning, and received a challenge acceptance confirm about 2 hours later. About 2 hours after that, my account reflected Diamond status. By the next morning, the suite upgrades were reflected in my account.

Last edited by laxsnaogg; May 21, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Old May 21, 2014, 3:20 pm

I don't trust it since it has always read 60 days. But I wondered if something had changed.

I accepted and was diamond status at about the 24 hour mark.
Old May 21, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Yes.
Are the 1,000 bonus points/night awarded even if you're staying at a Hyatt Place (usually 500 miles/stay) and have chosen airline miles as your earning preference?
Old May 21, 2014, 7:54 pm

My Hyatt Place stay was 1000 bonus points. IDK, but I think crediting to FF account should still give you the 1000 for the first 6 nights.
Old May 22, 2014, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The Hyatt Platinum Trial gets no love around here, but it does exist. Here are the details I got from Hyatt:
Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

To qualify for this promotion, new members must enroll in the Hyatt Gold Passport Trial Tier with Offer Code PLT14.

New and current members must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1800.304.9288 or submit a Trial Tier Enrollment Form to [email protected] between May 1, 2014, and October 31, 2014. Upon enrollment, member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days.

To maintain Platinum membership through February 2015, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned.

Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements, they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2016, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
The main differences from the Diamond Trial are six nights in 60 days to complete it, and no proof of status in another program required. Like the Diamond trial, you get a thousand bonus for each of the first six nights.

Has anybody ever attempted to enroll in both trials concurrently? If it works, you could end up with additional points, and have a safety cushion of Platinum status if you can only make six to eleven nights.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Sounds like the signup deadline for the current challenge ended on April 30. Any idea when Hyatt will announce the next one?
Old May 22, 2014, 12:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They already have.... Just read a few posts before these, same as before.
Old May 22, 2014, 2:53 pm

oh man, I'm in a jam. the majority of my business travel in June has been postponed, leaving me eight nights short of the 12 I need to complete the trial.

Is there any way I can find the cheapest Hyatt in the US? The cheapest I was able to find was $67/night in Chandler, AZ...curious if there are any cheaper ones? airfare is no obstacle.
Old May 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

The Hyatt Place in Tucson, AZ is going for $55/nt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.