Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
It is rare for manually-adjusted reservation changes to be reflected online. Sometimes if you look at the reservation details you may see a 2nd room added, but more often than not you won't see any change. This is normal.

If you're nervous, call the property directly and inquire about the room type.
+1

If your account shows 1 suite upgrade as redeemed, then you should be fine.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mattolo
Hi all, not sure where to put this. But, I just used a diamond suite upgrade for the first time for a reservation I already had made. The rep said it was applied and I see that it shows 1 of the upgrades are redeemed, but I do not see any indication on my reservation that the room had changed or anything. Do I get any kind of confirmation that the suite upgrade is attached to my reservation?
What baliktad says is correct. But sometimes, it takes 2-3 days for Diamond suite cert redemptions to reflect on hyatt.com.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I just completed the 12 nights for the Diamond challange and I am now Diamond until 2013. Feels great! Actually did 15 nights and I have another 9 stays and about 20 nights for next quarter reserved already. I may actually make Diamond qualification legit by the end of the year! It has been nice getting the bennies up front though. I would have qualified years ago, but Hyatts have been sparse in my normal stomping grounds. I am working in D.C. at the moment and you can hardly through a rock and not hit a Hyatt property. Some really great rates too (on weekends) as low as $48 at HP. Since I stay for 3-4 weeks at a time that really helps. Oh, I should requalify as Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, and SPG Platinum by years end as well.

I juggle paid and award stays to keep my monthly costs around $1200-$1500, or a bit less then a one bedroom apartment in the D.C. burbs. It allows me to stay in different areas and see much of the metro.

So, where do I use my upgrade certs? It will have to be in the D.C. area or close enough for a weekend trip.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold *G, CX Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold
I'm pleased to say I emailed [email protected] and got a response within 0.5hr saying that I would get a trial Diamond membership (based on my IC Royal Ambassador status). All it took was the email + an attachment of my RA page as a PDF.

Now the challenge to complete 12 nights in 60 days to remain a Diamond till Feb 2013. Online the account was updated almost instantly as well, and I made my first booking there. I'm excited and am totally amazed at the quick turnaround time via email. Kudos Hyatt!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:23 pm

I guess this policy is here to stay

Last edited by moefl; Jul 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kanerf
I am working in D.C. at the moment and you can hardly through a rock and not hit a Hyatt property. Some really great rates too (on weekends) as low as $48 at HP.
WOW! How are you finding rates this low for HP in DC? I'm thinking of doing the Hyatt Diamond challenge and live in Alexandria so that might make it a LOT more realistic. PM me if you can share... Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
I just emailed a screenshot of my HHGold status. Waiting for approval.

Question -- will I have "trial" Hyatt Diamond status benefits during the 60-day period? Specifically free Internet and breakfast when I stay at the Hyatts for 12 nights?

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by geaux_tigers
WOW! How are you finding rates this low for HP in DC? I'm thinking of doing the Hyatt Diamond challenge and live in Alexandria so that might make it a LOT more realistic. PM me if you can share... Thanks!
This was at the HP Dulles North in Sterling. It was a 48 hour sale rate. These seem to show up sometimes, not sure when or why, but the standard weekend rates are in the $60 range. Also, the Hyatt Dulles and the Hyatt Fair Lakes usually have good rates.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
It is my understanding that the fast-track status match, as of July 1st, no longer requires staying at one particular hotel to meet qualification for diamond. Can anyone confirm?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by raj0321
I just emailed a screenshot of my HHGold status. Waiting for approval.

Question -- will I have "trial" Hyatt Diamond status benefits during the 60-day period? Specifically free Internet and breakfast when I stay at the Hyatts for 12 nights?

Thanks!
They give you diamond and thats when your trial is supposed to start.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by amgt123
It is my understanding that the fast-track status match, as of July 1st, no longer requires staying at one particular hotel to meet qualification for diamond. Can anyone confirm?
The stays required for the fast track do not have to be at any particular hotel. I am in the middle of my challenge right now and will be staying at an assortment of Hyatt brands and locations.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by amgt123
It has never been locked to one hotel .

but as far as i have heard, on June 30 stopped the Diamond trial program.
I dont knoe when it going on...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:23 am

Update on Match attempt...

Had a buddy try for status match from HHonors Gold (using the free Gold status from Visa Signature). He blocked out the part showing his (lack of) stays, but still had zero points showing. Other than that, it clearly shows in two places that he's HHonors Gold. Here's what he received back...

Dear Mr. XXX:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

To attain Diamond tier with the Gold Passport program, your statement
with a competitor must show at least ten (10) stays or thirty (30)
nights accrued in order for the tier match to be processed. As your
account summary shows 0 stays and nights, unfortunately we are unable
to offer the Diamond tier match at this time.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your
continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Bad move for Hyatt b/c my friend (who's not very in to the whole points/status thing yet) just found out that he will basically stay in hotels about 3 nights a week for the next year or so. He already had 12 business stays booked through them over the next month but canceled immediately. He'll likely now give his business to Hilton since he only needs to stay 3 times with them to keep Gold and easily move up to HHonors Diamond. He emailed Hyatt to have them reconsider but has yet to hear anything back.

Last edited by geaux_tigers; Jul 14, 2011 at 10:38 am
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by geaux_tigers
Had a buddy try for status match from HHonors Gold (using the free Gold status from Visa Signature). He blocked out the part showing his (lack of) stays, but still had zero points showing. Other than that, it clearly shows in two places that he's HHonors Gold. Here's what he received back...

Dear Mr. XXX:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

To attain Diamond tier with the Gold Passport program, your statement
with a competitor must show at least ten (10) stays or thirty (30)
nights accrued in order for the tier match to be processed. As your
account summary shows 0 stays and nights, unfortunately we are unable
to offer the Diamond tier match at this time.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your
continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

XXXX XXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Bad move for Hyatt b/c my friend (who's not very in to the whole points/status thing yet) just found out that he will basically stay in hotels about 3 nights a week for the next year or so. He already had 12 business stays booked through them over the next month but canceled immediately. He'll likely now give his business to Hilton since he only needs to stay 3 times with them to keep Gold and easily move up to HHonors Diamond. He emailed Hyatt to have them reconsider but has yet to hear anything back.

odd, when I sent my screenshot in it had 8nights on 4 stays but my point balance probably made up for the lack of stays (600k+).

I think with just recently how easy it was to get HH Gold status its not a bad thing they are capping the match.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by davef139
odd, when I sent my screenshot in it had 8nights on 4 stays but my point balance probably made up for the lack of stays (600k+).

I think with just recently how easy it was to get HH Gold status its not a bad thing they are capping the match.
Agree... meeting the challenge is just one side of the agreement; hotel companies are also attempting to gain business by bending the rules to let someone jump the ladder to premier status. Wouldn't be too fair to the regular Gold and Platinum members to have everyone cutting the line without good reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.