Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by JBG89
Does 1 diamond suite upgrade = 1 stay or 1 night?
One stay up to seven nights.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
If I have a stay straddles the new year Dec 28 - Jan 4 would the December nights credit to 2013 and the January nights credit to 2014? I don't care where the stay credits since I qualify on nights.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If it is on one reservation, the nights will count based upon your check out date. If you want them to count for the current year, you will have to call customer service to apply them as such. But I do not believe they will split the nights between the 2 years.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: N/A
Is it in most cases worth it to use points + cash? and is it worth it to buy points for this method?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
What it is worth is highly subjective.

What are you goals? How do you value the points? Where are you going to use them?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
If it is on one reservation, the nights will count based upon your check out date. If you want them to count for the current year, you will have to call customer service to apply them as such. But I do not believe they will split the nights between the 2 years.
Thanks. Check out is better for me since I will already hit 50 nights this year.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Mary2e
What it is worth is highly subjective.

What are you goals? How do you value the points? Where are you going to use them?
Im getting the following options for a room cost $786 for 2 days in the Hyatt Cambodia in December:

30,000 for a stay worth $786

15,000 + $200 for a stay worth $786
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:39 pm

Has anyone had any luck getting a room at the Hyatt Vacation Club Resort in Breckinridge with points?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JBG89
Im getting the following options for a room cost $786 for 2 days in the Hyatt Cambodia in December:

30,000 for a stay worth $786

15,000 + $200 for a stay worth $786
Seems like C+P is a no brainer on that one.

With a straight points redemption you're equating 30k pts with $786

With C+P you're equating 15k pts with $586. The CPP rate is much better here. And actually, it gets a bit better since you'll earn points on the cash portion of the C+P rate.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Seems like C+P is a no brainer on that one.

With a straight points redemption you're equating 30k pts with $786

With C+P you're equating 15k pts with $586. The CPP rate is much better here. And actually, it gets a bit better since you'll earn points on the cash portion of the C+P rate.
And, with C+P, earn nights/stays if that's important.

But the savings aren't as big (but still sufficient to go that route if available) since OP didn't include $22/night taxes.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:16 am

Can I book an award room with points online for somebody else?

It looks like I can change the guest name, but if I guarantee it with my credit card, will she be able to give them her credit card at check in or will they want to see my credit card?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:55 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by XCstud
Can I book an award room with points online for somebody else?

It looks like I can change the guest name, but if I guarantee it with my credit card, will she be able to give them her credit card at check in or will they want to see my credit card?
The correct way would be to call in the award reservation which would be issued in the other persons name. There isn't a way to do it online. Perhaps what you say could work but the property could ask for you to checkin personally since you are the first guest on the record.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:21 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:52 am
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
DSU Question

How does a hotel determine which room the DSU will apply towards? For instance: At GHSF it applies to lowest category suite, an Executive Suite, a $200 upgrade from a standard room. But at Andaz Napa, they're telling me it applies to an Andaz Loft, which isn't even listed in their "Suite" category (and is a $75 upgrade from a standard room, wheras their lowest level suite is a $200 upgrade).
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Important topic and question

Originally Posted by joecool1885
How does a hotel determine which room the DSU will apply towards? For instance: At GHSF it applies to lowest category suite, an Executive Suite, a $200 upgrade from a standard room. But at Andaz Napa, they're telling me it applies to an Andaz Loft, which isn't even listed in their "Suite" category (and is a $75 upgrade from a standard room, wheras their lowest level suite is a $200 upgrade).
This is an excellent question
The answer lies in its up to the hotel essentially
I personally would like to see the policy changed when a given hotel either opts out completely or micro manages the program and benefit
by downgrading what constitutes and actual jr suite
We have seen a number of instances where hotels have downgraded their so called suite upgrade to a large guest room in guise of a suite
to get rid of Diamonds using them effectively as an authentic upgrade

My take is it undermines the very benefit and the excellence of Hyatt Gold Passport and the very genius of the Gold Passport management
for designing the benefit in the first place.

If there is any good news there are hotels who are still offering the benefit without any deception and others who are aggressively denying the benefit
by use of their wiggle room to opt out of delivering a true and reasonable Jr.suite
Depending on the guest and their overall satisfaction will clearly depend on the property and where they travel to
I've heard from a small segment of former Gold passport guests who have left the program over the issues which I can understand
There was a time when hotels could refuse Diamond members from the Executive Clubs.
I rarely hear about the issue anymore however at the time it was a big issue on and off Flyertalk with furious Gold Passport customers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.