Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I always use the discounted rate.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Use the lowest gross rate incl. taxes, resort fees, etc., unless a higher rate has extra perks such as free dinner, parking, etc. Ask yourself, 'Which is a better way to rent the room? 16,250 points (15K spent + 1250 not earned) or $250 cash? '
I used to value GP points @ 2.5--3c before the changes of June 2010, now I go with 2 cpp.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Use the lowest gross rate incl. taxes, resort fees, etc., unless a higher rate has extra perks such as free dinner, parking, etc. Ask yourself, 'Which is a better way to rent the room? 16,250 points (15K spent + 1250 not earned) or $250 cash? '
I used to value GP points @ 2.5--3c before the changes of June 2010, now I go with 2 cpp.
Ohhh....thanks! I wasn't including taxes/fees/etc. before. I will give that a shot.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Regency Club Upgrade against Award Stay

As a Platinum, I'm going to cross stays 15 and 18 by the end of next week. Checking the Platinum Extra Award possibilities, I see that I can get Regency Club upgrades.

I have two existing award stays for December. Is it possible/valid to apply these upgrade certs against the two existing award reservations?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Richk, officially NO, but many front-desk clerks don't read the fine print & will upgrade U anyway. YMMV.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
Richk, officially NO, but many front-desk clerks don't read the fine print & will upgrade U anyway. YMMV.
Thanks for the quick response Brendan
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
That is good information to know.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
Government rates?

Does anyone know if Department of Veteran Affair hospital physicians are eligible to book under the federal government rate?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You would have to check with your employer to see if they have an agreement with that particular Hyatt and/or check with Hyatt customer service.

I can tell you that I'm eligible for government rates, and some hotels have much better rates than others.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:29 am

Is there a way to check award availability without having enough Hyatt points in the account? From their website it seems like I cannot search till I have at least 5000 points.

I would like to for availability for San Francisco hotels in downtown area as well as near airport for the dates Nov 11 to Nov 13.
If I can find a good deal, I was planning to transfer chase ultimate rewards points to my Hyatt account.

If there is no way I can search then can any of you please check for availability for the above mentioned dates?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by flltravel
Is there a way to check award availability without having enough Hyatt points in the account? From their website it seems like I cannot search till I have at least 5000 points.

I would like to for availability for San Francisco hotels in downtown area as well as near airport for the dates Nov 11 to Nov 13.
If I can find a good deal, I was planning to transfer chase ultimate rewards points to my Hyatt account.

If there is no way I can search then can any of you please check for availability for the above mentioned dates?
Hyatt reservations can tell you
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by flltravel

All properties show available. You may also check yourself by checking paid rates, if the base entry room shows available, award nights are available as well right then (no guarantee of later once your points are transferred in though).
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
All properties show available. You may also check yourself by checking paid rates, if the base entry room shows available, award nights are available as well right then (no guarantee of later once your points are transferred in though).
Thanks a lot for the info!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:46 am

I have about 2.5k points at the moment but my account is slated to expire in December. Can anyone suggest the best way to keep the account open and/or make use of the existing points. I'm open to purchasing points outright if that makes sense value-wise. Thanks in advance for answering this newbie question.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Greetings From the Fantastic Grand Hyatt in Berlin!

Originally Posted by MerRhosyn
I have about 2.5k points at the moment but my account is slated to expire in December. Can anyone suggest the best way to keep the account open and/or make use of the existing points. I'm open to purchasing points outright if that makes sense value-wise. Thanks in advance for answering this newbie question.
Hyatt Gold Passport points are one my most desirable point currencies of any program I am a member of
If you don't decide to simply take a stay between now and December
Buying some points is certainly an option
When I find myself in these situations I typically turn to the many partner
Options of a given program.Without running to the Hyatt website
I can't think of a bad reason not to apply for the Chase Hyatt Visa credit card
Easy to earn points and those two free nights in the first year are sure to keep you smiling and your points protected
Perhaps a car rental from Avis?

These are just some opening thoughts in the middle of my jet lag
However if all else fails what I admire most about the Gold Passport
folks is sometimes just a simple phone call with a promise to do more business
with Hyatt Gold Passport in the very near future may be enough to get a goodwill gesture to extend those points for another 3 to 6 months by simply asking.
In all my decades with Hyatt when it's really been important to me typically
in the end I can depend on the Hyatt folks to come through
And that's just another reason to consider doing more business with Hyatt
They have a sense of cooperation most the time when one calls
Don't hesitate to ask for a supervisor if need be and always keep a record of whom you spoke with
Cheers and don't let those points expire!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.