Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
RC / GC upgrade means access to the RC / GC (although many properties do not have an operating RC / GC so it wouldn't be applicable in that case - I'm not certain about Orange County - you may want to call the property to inquire whether or not the RC there exists and will be open during your stay). RC / GC access gives you access to the club - continental breakfast - appetizers and dessert in the evening - as well as possibly soft drinks / bottled water all day.
I was also thinking of using my cert at Orange County but RC doesn't exist there (they used to have RC before their renovations a while back). The next closest Hyatt with RC is Irvine.

Hence my question, should I book Orange County since it's closer to Disneyland or should I book Irvine to use my cert which expires end of Sept? Either way I'm flying to Disneyland with the family, just undecided where to stay. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by love2ft
I was also thinking of using my cert at Orange County but RC doesn't exist there (they used to have RC before their renovations a while back). The next closest Hyatt with RC is Irvine.

Hence my question, should I book Orange County since it's closer to Disneyland or should I book Irvine to use my cert which expires end of Sept? Either way I'm flying to Disneyland with the family, just undecided where to stay. Any thoughts? Thanks.
How many days are you planning to do Disneyland/CA Adventures? If it's more than 1 day, I'd vote for OC instead of Irvine. At OC you'll get a complimentary shuttle to the park but if you stay at Irvine, you'll have to factor in the cost of extra gas plus an additional parking cost. I believe it's $15 for parking at Disneyland.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by love2ft

I don't know when you are planning on staying but I believe that the Irvine RC is closed on weekends. I would just pick the location that is most convenient for you given the room prices. Sorry not much more help here
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:30 am

Hi everyone,

I signed up for the Chase Hyatt w/ 2 free nights earlier this year and have a planned trip for summer 2012. Unfortunately my 2 night vouchers will be expired by then. I'm having tough luck with Hyatt Gold via telephone when asking for an exception / extension. Am I totally out of luck? Are there any suggestions for me to get my vouchers extended by a few months? Those 2 nights will go a long way in trip expenses and frankly the vouchers will be a waste otherwise as we are not going anywhere until then.

Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I signed up for the Chase Hyatt w/ 2 free nights earlier this year and have a planned trip for summer 2012. Unfortunately my 2 night vouchers will be expired by then. I'm having tough luck with Hyatt Gold via telephone when asking for an exception / extension. Am I totally out of luck? Are there any suggestions for me to get my vouchers extended by a few months? Those 2 nights will go a long way in trip expenses and frankly the vouchers will be a waste otherwise as we are not going anywhere until then.
I'm afraid you are out of luck - Hyatt has been quite strict with not giving extensions for promotional award free nights (both from the Chase card as well as the last few rounds of FFNs).
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm afraid you are out of luck - Hyatt has been quite strict with not giving extensions for promotional award free nights (both from the Chase card as well as the last few rounds of FFNs).
Hi peteropny - thanks for your help.

Yes you are right about Hyatt being extremely strict on the expiration dates. I reached out to our very nice Hyatt Gold rep via PM but they were unable to assist me as well. Looks like there truly isn't a way around it. Maybe I will try writing a nice letter to Chase / Hyatt and perhaps they will do something for me (ok..wishful thinking). Once again, thanks for your help!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:07 am

If I choose miles instead of points for a stay do I still get 1000pts for the diamond amenity and 2500pts for a closed regency club? If I do would they be in miles or Hyatt points?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by biggdeebee
If I choose miles instead of points for a stay do I still get 1000pts for the diamond amenity and 2500pts for a closed regency club? If I do would they be in miles or Hyatt points?
If you choose miles instead of points, you will still get all (Diamond) bonuses and they will post as Hyatt points.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hi All,

I'm looking into splitting my stays between Hyatt and Hilton. For years I've only stayed within the Hilton family, but would now like to try out another program. My travel just increasaed to an average of 6 different hotels a month, usually only one night at each. I need to do more research on Hyatt levels and benefits, but specifically I wanted to know of any promotions for signing up and if I can give someone here a referral bonus.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:29 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SkyeBronte
Hi All,

I'm looking into splitting my stays between Hyatt and Hilton. For years I've only stayed within the Hilton family, but would now like to try out another program. My travel just increasaed to an average of 6 different hotels a month, usually only one night at each. I need to do more research on Hyatt levels and benefits, but specifically I wanted to know of any promotions for signing up and if I can give someone here a referral bonus.
With 4 posts to your handle a warm Welcome to Flyertalk and Gold Passport ^
I think you will be blown away in full service Hyatt Hotels if you can obtain Hyatt Diamond membership.The program at the top elite level is exceptional. Unfortunately for Hyatt GP customers promotional opportunities were greater at Hilton this year. Having said that I am personally more interested in being treated superbly at a hotel and having a great breakfast along with suite upgrade opportunities.
Fast tracks with Hyatt Gold Passport typically are available if you are already elite at Hilton.
As you continue you to learn about Gold Passport you will see what makes this such an impressive program.

We are all here in this forum globally at anytime 24/7 to help you with any questions you may have regarding Gold Passport and how to make the very best choices with anything regarding Hyatt and Gold Passport.Cheers and welcome aboard!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 14, 2011 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by SkyeBronte
Hi All,

Let me add my welcome to you both on Flyertalk and our Hyatt forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html in the first post pretty much details the Hyatt program with links in it for the various levels and benefits in the Hyatt program. Please take a look at that and feel free to ask further questions that you may have in either thread (that one or this one).

IMO, Hyatt Diamond is amazingly good while Hilton Diamond doesn't really add much more than Hilton Gold (which is an excellent mid-tier). If your travel patterns take you to locations that have Hyatts and the rates aren't out of line, I recommend Hyatt. Since you already have Hilton Diamond, if you decide to shift some/all business to Hyatt, I would suggest that you contact Customer Service and ask for an enrollment in the Diamond Challenge that they now run (in lieu of the old status match), where they'll ask for your Hilton statement (showing status and at least 10 stays in the past year), and once approve you'll get Diamond status immediately with the provision that you complete 12 nights in 60 days when you'll become a "regular" Diamond. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...11-10-a-6.html for a complete discussion on status challenge.

Finally, thank you for thinking of giving someone a referral bonus - but that currently doesn't exist (and hasn't for quite some time).
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HHonors Diamond
Thank you both for the helpful replies. I'm finishing up my stays to maintain HH Diamond and will then move to Hyatt. The fast track to Diamond Is a great tip!
I'm looking forward to staying somewhere different. I'll post here in the future to let you know my thoughts.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:46 am

Can you transfer your hyatt points into someone else's frequent flyer account?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You can't transfer them, but you can make a reservation in their name. You can also combine points for that reservation if the other person doesn't have enough. But that option is reservation specific. You can't just transfer points to someone else.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
You can't transfer them, but you can make a reservation in their name. You can also combine points for that reservation if the other person doesn't have enough. But that option is reservation specific. You can't just transfer points to someone else.
I know you can't transfer points to someone else but I wanted to know if you can put someone elses frequent flyer number in when you redeem for miles? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.