Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Government Rate in oversea property

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I was checking out an Asian Hyatt property and they have an US Government rate.
Can I use that rate if I am a local government employee/contractor on business?
What ID will they request?

Thanks,
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I don't have any definite answer here, and it may vary from hotel to hotel or even depending on the specific personnel involved. But in my limited experience, if the company or US agency for whom you're working can book the rate for you, that gets you the USG rate. Or you can get a letter from the agency to the effect that you're a contractor. I don't know if your showing the hotel a contract that indicates you're on USG business would do the trick.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
As per my experience, Asian Hyatts will almost always ask for an ID, sometimes even make a photocopy but don't really ask too many more questions about it. Never needed a letter or anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.