Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Rusdude

Yes, I saw that but Reserve Lounge — based on comments in this thread — appears to be different from the Club Lounge that serves food/snacks.
Ah, thanks for bringing this to my attention! When I looked on tripadvisor someone noted that the Reserve lounge offered light snacks during the day and had a happy hour in the evening. But the Club Lounge seems to have more substantial offerings especially for breakfast. If you were an Explorist, you could use a club pass.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:18 am

It's rather strange that the "Reserve Lounge" is less inclusive than the club lounge. It's also difficult to find any information on it.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:05 pm

NEWS
From a reliable source, this property will "probably" change from 20,000 ppn to 15,000 ppn.
Rusdude likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
NEWS
From a reliable source, this property will "probably" change from 20,000 ppn to 15,000 ppn.
Interesting - it seems like it has high rates for peak times, but otherwise not necessarily that high.
Switch to Cat 4 (15K/nt) would now make it eligible for those certificates, which would certainly be nice.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:15 pm

NEWS
Were you given any clue as to when this might happen? I'm burning three certificates at Coconut Point for spring break but I would love to switch to Baha Mar.

Last edited by Dsnow0819; Jan 6, 2019 at 7:43 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:19 pm

NEWS
Being able to use a free (cat 1-4) award there would be amazing!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Were you given any clue as to when this might happen? I'm burning three certificates at Coconut Point for spring break but I would love to switch to Baha Mar.
Didn't say. But doubt it would have been shared with me if it was too far out in the future.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:30 am

of interest to those in on the two-fifty deal, here's a pic of the "villa" building which contains exclusively one & two bedroom "poolside villa" category accommodations.
the adjective "poolside" would appear to mean both exclusive access to the small pool shown and closer access to main pool areas.
note the location is off the east tower and that these accommodations are part of that tower's The Reserve experience.
globalist "villa" guests would have a longer hike to the Grand Club in the west tower, though with Prive providing restaurant brekkie suppose that's not really a big deal

Last edited by Colin; Feb 4, 2019 at 5:45 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Anyone that stay here recently on an all points stay? Were all the service charges, resort fees, and taxes waived or added onto the bill still?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by gold644
Anyone that stay here recently on an all points stay? Were all the service charges, resort fees, and taxes waived or added onto the bill still?
Stayed over New Years as globalist on all points. All resort fees, service fees and taxes were waived.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by gold644
I stayed last year on points as well as a globalist and all taxes and fees were waived.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Stayed in Dec 2018 as a Globalist. All fees were waived.

Last edited by vike; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:01 pm Reason: update info
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by vike
Stayed in Dec 2018 as a Globalist. All fees were waived.
On points or cash? Mainly asking about extra service charge.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:25 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just booked 4-night stay in late May, before the summer crowd. I used my 20k points/night and attached one of my club access awards. Some questions:

1. We also want to go to Atlantis (probably Cove) for 3 extra nights. Better to Bah Mar first or Atlantis first? The 60k Marriott/night is not cheap (highest reward rate before the hike in March). I'm Hyatt Explorist and Marriott Platinum. But Atlantis does not have club access (am I correct?) and the daily resort fees are not waived. I think 4 BHA and 3 Atlantis is about right. Any comments?

2. So far, it is just standard room with club access. Is there anyway to upgrade to suite or larger room? Or it is at check-in? I figure in late May, it is not a super peak season.

3. Some folks say better to book West tower to be close to the club access. Anything else we need to know?

Look forward to the trip.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819

On points or cash? Mainly asking about extra service charge.
We had all fees waived on our points stay in November.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.